Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2016, 07:39 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivestregis View Post
GO GET THE DEALS OF THE YEAR.
wmtire, posted today about the rubber chocks, I looked at his link this afternoon and now own four of them.

I do not think these will crush when I forget and go over one, might knock all of the pots and pans onto the floor now.
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:41 PM   #42

B47 I seen your post about H.F. & Northern. I have bought a lot of stuff from Northern including a 20KW Generac Generator for my home also Power washer, plus a bunch of small items. Never any problems at all. Good service and decent prices
hardoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:59 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
wmtire, posted today about the rubber chocks, I looked at his link this afternoon and now own four of them.

I do not think these will crush when I forget and go over one, might knock all of the pots and pans onto the floor now.
They will take a bit of a knocking about.

Put rope handles on mine to make them easy to pull out and carry.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:10 PM   #44
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoiler View Post
B47 I seen your post about H.F. & Northern. I have bought a lot of stuff from Northern including a 20KW Generac Generator for my home also Power washer, plus a bunch of small items. Never any problems at all. Good service and decent prices
I think I'll pay Northern Tool a visit next week. After all,I'm retired and browsing is what I do now.

I expect to find about the same things there as I found at HF.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:51 PM   #45

I have Bench Top Belt Sander that I bought at HF about 12 years ago and it still works to day. I use it a couple times a month for woodworking projects. It was cheap I like 60 or 70 dollars. Some of the stuff there is junk even for the home owner but, a lot of it can be good for use around the home.

In my opinion Northern Tool is a step above HF. I have bought tools there for work and they have held up pretty good for the environment that I work in. Northern tool sells a lot of name brand industrial stuff were HF sells a lot there branded stuff or low in brands.
ferg33772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:35 PM   #46

I agree that NT is a cut above HF after buying from both over the years.
Tractor's Supply is my Achille's heel. I can't walk out of that store without buying something whether I need it or not AND they sell brand names along with Chinese junk as do the other stores. If TS doesn't have it, I don't need it. Just bought a Hobart welder from them last month.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:42 PM   #47

Tractor Supply sees me coming too BH6Mike. Usually go back up front for a cart.
Try to go w/o the DW either. She ALWAYS finds something for a grandkid or 6.
Travel safe

I Catch Fish......What is your SuperPower?
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:44 PM   #48
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
They usually have the best price in town of latex gloves for RV tank dumping.

No warranty required
And you can use 'em twice.......turn 'em inside out1...
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:46 PM   #49
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordHauler View Post
Tractor Supply sees me coming too BH6Mike. Usually go back up front for a cart.
Try to go w/o the DW either. She ALWAYS finds something for a grandkid or 6.
Travel safe
TS not out here and Northern Tools isn't either
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:49 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
And you can use 'em twice.......turn 'em inside out1...
Eeeewwww.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:11 PM   #51
SnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
TS not out here and Northern Tools isn't either
TS has some stores in Washington, Chehalis being the closest to Vancouver.
Camped - 2014-47, 2015-104, 2016-100, 2017-161, 2018-94
SnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:25 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
I use HF for disposable stuff like foam brushes, cotton gloves, zip ties etc. I did buy their collapsible 20Ft flag pole which works well. You need to dry it well after rain as the locking discs tend to corrode making it hard to collapse. Also great for pneumatic tires for small items.
Flybob, I have that same 20' flag pole from HF. Rather than twist it to make it lock (I've had mine corrode up on me, too), I drilled a couple of holes through the pole when it was extended. As I raise each section, I put a lock pin in the hole, and never "twist lock" it, so it raises and lowers pretty easily.

8" zip ties on sale at $1.99 / 100 are a great deal, as are some other expendables. Their tools aren't Craftsman quality (but neither are Craftsman these days), but for occasional use, they aren't too bad.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:32 PM   #53
Site Team

Quote:
I would never consider a cordless drill from HF. 3 years for $20 might get me to think about it...

I would not do it but that has me thinking about my $100 plus Dewalt that has a charger that will kill a $50 battery after a few times of not pulling it out, when charged. My own fault...
To be fair, this was probably 10 years ago or more. I'm not even sure they carry the same brand anymore and battery technology has improved since then.

I haven't had a single problem with any of the corded tools I bought there though.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:24 PM   #54

I am a member of their Inside Track Club and get even lower prices than their other sales. Have purchased probably a hundred things there. It's got to where when I look the sales paper over I notice I have everything I may need but still once in a while I'll run over and pick up an item. I bought a hydraulic lift dolley the other day to use when pulling my 6500 Onan out of the MH. Not great quality as many have said but it does what I need.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:45 AM   #55

I wish they were around when I was farming. I would have saved a lot of money in tools planted that never sprouted. I don't know how they jumped out of the tractor toolbox into the furrow but they did and often took special pins and nuts with them.
Has anyone found a row of sockets coming up in a row of beans or corn?
Timtation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 01:00 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtation View Post
I wish they were around when I was farming. I would have saved a lot of money in tools planted that never sprouted. I don't know how they jumped out of the tractor toolbox into the furrow but they did and often took special pins and nuts with them.
Has anyone found a row of sockets coming up in a row of beans or corn?
My buddy has that farming problem. Seen it live, the best episode was when the engine block fell off the flatbed while shining for deer. I would have you know that he farmed around that block for 3 years before junking it.

LOL
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 01:56 AM   #57
Site Team

Quote:
I go to Harbor Freight when they have a big sale and look for trinkets (flashlights etc...) for the grandkids and myself. Bought a little bit of everything tool wise, filled up an empty tool box. I have used them around the house. I am satisfied for what I paid.

However, if you need tools to make your living or have your life depend on them, go elsewhere.

x2 on trinkets

I also brought a drill for about $20 from HF that did the job for lowering stab jacks. I left something in the charger while plugged in that burn it out so I ended up buying a better quality drill from Costco thinking I would be using the new drill for some house improvement tasks. I'm OK with buying cheap stuff provided it will work for the intended task which aren't very serious to start with.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:26 AM   #58

I repowered my old wheel horse riding mower with their predator engine, five years ago still running strong. Their flux core welding wire is not bad either. Their cut off wheels aren't bad for the price, you just go through more of them.
retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:40 AM   #59

I have a HFT 10" Sliding Compound Miter Saw (SCMS). I purchased this SCMS 10+ years ago as I was short on cash, in the middle of a project and my old saw went south. I figured it would do for a few weeks. Like I said, that was 10+ years ago. I can not even guess how many 1000's of cuts I have made with this saw since then. Most of the use is cutting hardwoods (I make furniture). It has outlasted the Craftsman it replaced. This weekend the HFT 12" SCMS is on sale for $140. If I needed one I would buy this all over again.
All of my pneumatic tools are from HFT. If I was framing/ roofing/ automotive for a living these tools would not hold up. But for the home shop they are fine. Are they high quality like Snap-On or Mac? No. But they also don't carry the price tag either. I keep a set of "emergency" tools in my truck, my wife's car and the toyhauler. All are HFT. So if they get lost or stolen I am not out allot.

US Army, 1979-1990 95BZ6
Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:13 AM   #60
Site Team

Quote:

[emoji1] Sorry for costing you money. Hope you like them as much as I do though.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first time