Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #1

Flight Attendant Wife/B787

Wife is a Flight Attendant for Continental Airlines (can't bring myself to saying "united") and she worked a trip to SFO and back yesterday - sent these pics to me via cellphone :

(personally I don't like aircraft with less than 3 engines - and - yikes ! the new ones are PLASTIC..(at least they're not made in china (I don't think))).....Bill

Instrument panel

Looking rearward

One of the lavs
Whisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #2

Looks like there are no analog displays at all ...

Thanks for the awesome pictures !
Old 11-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
Broken Toe

I don't care how many engines is has or doesn't have, or what it is made of, If it ain't McDonnell-Douglas or Boeing, I ain't going.

After doing a couple of jobs in France and seeing the lack of work ethic, and owning a french car (a Renault) I absolutely refuse to step foot in an Airbus.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #4

it's troublesome to me (because of my Wife having to ride on these things) that with all this "glass" on commercial aircraft now-a-days the airlines are training a bunch of computer operators rather than pilots !

personally I never flew an airplane on autopilot below 18000'.....Bill
Whisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Suppose we can play halo 4 on the dash board?

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #6

Now, what do I enter to do an inverted ILS BC? Dang, I hit control-alt-delete again.

Now seriously, is that itty-bitty handle in the middle the landing gear?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #7
Anacortesians

Yes. The handle with the white wheel-shaped thing at the end is the landing gear control. On the right side of the center quadrant is the flaps selector, in the middle are the two engine thrust levers with the reverser handles attached to the forward edges. The grey-handled lever with the black rectangle in the middle on the left side is for the spoilers/speed brakes.

The 787 is the first of the Boeing models to have the gear handle in the middle of the center instrument panel. On all the others it's on the right edge, close to the co-pilot's left hand.

Two engines are fine by me, but I don't like riding on airplanes with one aisle! It will be pleasant to have a lower cabin altitude, too. The maximum pressure in the 787 can be higher than the aluminum airplanes, giving a cabin altitude around 6000 feet instead of 8500. and they have humidifiers so the air isn't as dry.

BTW, the parts are made in just about every industrialised country. If you go to Boeing's web-site there's a list of what's made where. Final assembly is in the US, in Everett, WA and in Charleston, SC.