Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 11:17 AM   #1

Florida hurricane/snowbirds (moved to own thread)

Edit by site team: These following posts have been moved to their own off-topic thread, where they were disrupting another thread. The subject matter is being closed, as it's not conductive of our friendly and open forums.

With all the devastation in population areas I imagine state parks are going to be at the lower part of the list for rehab. I’d hurry and make other arrangements before the snowbirds get what’s left. If they haven’t already. Personally, in my RV Resort when the northerners get here for the winter I’d rather go north to get away from them.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon Blue View Post
With all the devastation in population areas I imagine state parks are going to be at the lower part of the list for rehab. I’d hurry and make other arrangements before the snowbirds get what’s left. If they haven’t already. Personally, in my RV Resort when the northerners get here for the winter I’d rather go north to get away from them.
I hear ya!! We are from Grand Island NY and we winter in John Prince County Park Campground in Lake Worth - just down the 95 from you. We are here now. The people from USA are ok, but this park is 60% Quebec!! French, French, French - all over the place!!
Old 10-19-2018, 03:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon Blue View Post
Personally, in my RV Resort when the northerners get here for the winter I’d rather go north to get away from them.
Nice......
Old 10-19-2018, 07:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by decon blue View Post
with all the devastation in population areas i imagine state parks are going to be at the lower part of the list for rehab. I’d hurry and make other arrangements before the snowbirds get what’s left. If they haven’t already. Personally, in my rv resort when the northerners get here for the winter i’d rather go north to get away from them.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2018, 05:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim in halifax View Post
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/b][/size]

your welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’
Old 10-20-2018, 06:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy10 View Post
We were reserved in Bonifay and although the RV park is operating we felt the damage surrounding would make activity limited. We moved to an RV park near Inverness. I trust this will not upset those who do not like "snowbirds."
Everyone likes Snowbirds....they bring MONEY!
Old 10-20-2018, 06:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasreid View Post
everyone likes snowbirds....they bring money!
🤔 not !
Old 10-21-2018, 04:44 PM   #8

Not to be a bummer, but you snow birds have to realize that the halcyon days for visitors in Florida are over...we don't have the infrastructure nor the natural resources (WATER) to support our resident population, much less you all. Consider visiting somewhere else or stay home. You just make it worse. Our tourism industry hasn't gotten the message either...they pretend that it's all still good. It ain't.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipf18 View Post
Not to be a bummer, but you snow birds have to realize that the halcyon days for visitors in Florida are over...we don't have the infrastructure nor the natural resources (WATER) to support our resident population, much less you all. Consider visiting somewhere else or stay home. You just make it worse. Our tourism industry hasn't gotten the message either...they pretend that it's all still good. It ain't.
Perhaps you should Lighten the Load on that overtaxed infrastructure yourself!

Do Everyone a favor and go some where else, ANYWHERE Else!!

I Know it is a free country, Still, but choose your destination carefully.

YOU may not be welcome when you get to your final destination!
Old 10-22-2018, 12:26 PM   #10

Holy Mackerel, folks. Lighten up!

Yes there is some terrible damage from the hurricane and it would be wise to avoid those areas for a little while. However, saying you never want them back again, is a bit harsh. Most people have no clue just how bad things were/are. The news media has moved on to political crap and no longer is reporting on the damage and the efforts to cleanup the huge mess. Therefore, many people think it is over. It isn't their fault.
Never Enough Time Camping!!
Old 10-22-2018, 12:42 PM   #11
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
How is this post helpful in any way?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
Old 10-22-2018, 01:13 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:

Wow- just wow.... I'm gonna guess YOUR income doesn't rely on tourist dollars.
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
Old 10-22-2018, 01:37 PM   #13

Maybe enough?

I think I contributed to this "not welcome" thread. For that i am sorry, I should not have become angry. I lived on the Marblehead Peninsula in Ohio for a few years. It is a tourist area. We celebrated in the late afternoon on Labor Day as 60K population went down to 5K. I suppose if I had made some of that tourist Bucks I might have felt different. We have been RVing for 5+ years and have traveled most of the country. Have had felt the welcome and go away winds. Usually more welcome. Like with most issues there are more effective ways to vent your displeasure then laying it on those who have little control. Better to go to the "officials" who can do something. Fortunately or unfortunately, as has been pointed out, money talks.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
Wow- just wow.... I'm gonna guess YOUR income doesn't rely on tourist dollars.
Dan - Sounds to me like slipf18 needs to move somewhere else where there are fewer of those "snowbirds" - maybe the U.P. of Michigan????
Closed Thread