Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2019, 11:48 AM   #1
Kanadian Kamper

Free SiriusXM radio ‘till December 3

Figured there’s lots of people travelling for Thanksgiving or as Snowbirds.

Enjoy free satellite radio if your in dash radio is equipped.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 02:28 PM   #2

Good to know. My 3 months for .99 expires Dec. 1. [emoji106]
JWood422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:06 PM   #3

I wouldn't be able to make it without Classic Vinyl!
whj469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:14 PM   #4
Site Team

I re-upped for another year, for $60 + fees. Didn't even have to fight. Just told them I called to cancel.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I re-upped for another year, for $60 + fees. Didn't even have to fight. Just told them I called to cancel.
I’ve had service with them off and on for many years...off right now...and always had to fight to get a decent rate. When we finally come to terms the fight starts all over because I refuse to give them a credit card.

Several years ago I had a great price for a year of service. At the end of the year they billed my card over $200. IIRC I had paid less than $50 for the year. I cancelled and actually got a refund, only to be charged another $200 a year later. Finally got that reversed and cancelled the card. Now I send them a check but they don’t like that.

Back in the ‘80s AMEX used to issue cards that could only be used one time. I would get 20 at a time to use for rental cars in Europe. Doing that kept them from charging the card for traffic camera fines, which were a real problem for the first few years they used them.

However, I don’t think I’ll be going to Norway again.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:00 AM   #6

I let my free trial expire about a month ago on my Colorado. They have been blowing up my phone with no less than 5 calls per day to get me to sign up. 3 times I've threaten them with legal action if they don't stop, the calls just keep on coming. I'm guessing that Apple Car Play and Android Auto has taken a HUGE chunk out of their business. I play all my music thru Android Auto now while I'm on the road.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:05 AM   #7

I just re-upped for 3 more months. They told me they didn’t have the $.99 deal anymore. It would be $2.00. I said ok I’d take it. BUT... since I had one day’s credit from my previous $.99 offer my total bill including taxes and fees came to $1.16. It’s worth it during Christmas and college football season.
JWood422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:15 PM   #8
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post

Back in the ‘80s AMEX used to issue cards that could only be used one time. I would get 20 at a time to use for rental cars in Europe.

These days, card issuers have a feature called "virtual credit cards" tied to your physical card and designed specifically for one-time-only online purchases. With all of the hacking going on, if someone gets your number, expiration date and 3-digit code from the virtual card, it does them no good because the number is dead. Works great for subscriptions! I'd look into that.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
These days, card issuers have a feature called "virtual credit cards" tied to your physical card and designed specifically for one-time-only online purchases. With all of the hacking going on, if someone gets your number, expiration date and 3-digit code from the virtual card, it does them no good because the number is dead. Works great for subscriptions! I'd look into that.
Thanks for that info. I know that when using ApplePay from my watch or phone it creates a unique one time use number but it’s not always possible to do that.

Based on your good info I looked online and found that BOA has “SurePay” but I can’t find how to use it online. Guess I’ll visit the local branch this week.

Tags
radio