Old 03-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirsea View Post
Got the Rand McNally 7720LM (free lifetime updates) after my Garmin mysteriously disappeared. It is designed for RV use, enter your height, weight, length, propane, etc and it routes you accordingly. Has all the Rand McNally POI, plus Flying J, Pilot stations, rest areas, etc including Wal-Mart locations. So far, it has performed very well with no problems.
What does the shape of my body have to do with navigation? LOL And why should a GPS care whether I've got gas or not?

Just kidding! I use a Garmin Nuvi as well, but I use it almost daily so I'm used to it's functionality.

J.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #12
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I had a Garmin GPS, It now has a cracked screen which means it's in the garbage. I was wondering what is now a popular unit for RV's, that is worth the money for these thing, and why you like the one you folks are mostly using now?...
if you have not actually thrown it out yet, and you registered it with Garmin when new - you may be able to get into their loyalty program or whatever it is called. They will often offer you a newer re-manufactured unit at a very good price.

They are a great company just down the road from me in Olathe, KS. Give their customer service a call.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #13

I think that maybe updating IS TOO HARD

We use the iPad some but like the in-dash display of the Magnadyne; but don't like the effort to update maps or system. The GPS informed me that my maps should be updated. Sure I innocently said, only to find that it requires that I remove the Magnadyne unit, take out the map memory chip, install it in another computer which has internet access, download a big utility program, run the utility program, have it decide what I need and, after deciding how much to ding me, downloads the new map through the utility program, then reinstall the memory module in the magnadyne unit, try to wiggle it back in place in the dash, and then 'install' it. These pages are repleat with folks having problems having the course go smoothly. There is a USB port on the face of the Magnadyne unit. It would seem that some clever software writer could figure out how to download the maps to a thumb drive; and then install them in the unit from the thumb drive through the usb port without ever having to disturb the dash unit. Barring that solution, I think that the previous responder is right; not worth the trouble.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #14
Mod free 5er

As posted earlier, we have the Garmin Nuvi 2460LMT and I just found out it has another good feature. I put in Turbs home address and it came back with the following notice, "Garmin does furnish routes to AA scofflaws & ankle bracelet violators addresses". What a fantastic device. Keep it up Garmin!
Old 06-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #15

I hope the new people on this forum can figure out that you guys are actually friends.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #16
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
I hope the new people on this forum can figure out that you guys are actually friends.
I hope so!... I just spit Diet Pepsi all over my screen.
2015 (38 Nights Camped/3560 Miles)
2014 (28 Nights Camped/1980 Miles)
2013 (30 Nights Camped/1411 Miles)
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

He's like a bad rash that just keeps coming back.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #18
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Hey, come on Barry, you don't have to resort to name calling.

In fact I don't even like anyone who does like him!
Old 06-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #19

You guys are so funny...and another thread safely hijacked. ;-)