Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
get the idea this place is jinxed????

Sunday night a McDonald's "across the river" from us was robbed.

Today a light twin engine plane crashed in to their parking lot.

(they're near an airport)

Also a credit union very close to this McDonald's was robbed today. Description of clothing is *very* similar to that of the McDonald's robbery.

Needless to say, we're glad we're on THIS side of that river and only cross it via the interstate, headed EAST!
__________________

__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #2
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Sounds like a place to view from a distance.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #3
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Jinxed? - just sounds like a bad location.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Three most important business rules, Location, Location, Perhaps we should move to another Location?!?!?!?
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #5
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Three most important business rules, Location, Location, Perhaps we should move to another Location?!?!?!?
oh trust me....we are at least TEN MILES from there. That's near the airport in our area.

Like I said....we stay on THIS side of that river!

Witnesses say the pilot clipped some tree tops. Which would mean he WAY undershot his approach...he was miles from the runways.

Oh, and he's a *very* experience crop duster pilot from this area but....plies his trade mostly in Illinois. Reportedly performing some "test flight" patterns and "ran in to difficulties".

It was actually a Beechcraft Baron, which coincidentally the same type plane that crashed just 3 or so miles south of that spot last year, killing all on board, including a very prominent real estate mogul in this area. That crash was due to pilot error as well. This pilot survived but has serious injuries.

YEP, that area IS jinxed.

I'm gonna dub it the Louisiana Triangle!
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:50 PM   #6
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
oh trust me....we are at least TEN MILES from there. That's near the airport in our area.

Like I said....we stay on THIS side of that river!

Witnesses say the pilot clipped some tree tops. Which would mean he WAY undershot his approach...he was miles from the runways.

Oh, and he's a *very* experience crop duster pilot from this area but....plies his trade mostly in Illinois. Reportedly performing some "test flight" patterns and "ran in to difficulties".

It was actually a Beechcraft Baron, which coincidentally the same type plane that crashed just 3 or so miles south of that spot last year, killing all on board, including a very prominent real estate mogul in this area. That crash was due to pilot error as well. This pilot survived but has serious injuries.

YEP, that area IS jinxed.

I'm gonna dub it the Louisiana Triangle!
Beechcraft Baron aka B58? That aircraft is not normally used for aerial application purposes if that's the one he was flying at the time.

Oh yeah most of the pilots of these type aircraft involved in accidents are "very experienced". Just listen to their friends and relatives describe them to the TV reporters after the crash.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:57 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Beechcraft Baron aka B58? That aircraft is not normally used for aerial application purposes if that's the one he was flying at the time.

Oh yeah most of the pilots of these type aircraft involved in accidents are "very experienced". Just listen to their friends and relatives describe them to the TV reporters after the crash.
All of them are "very experienced" what they fly has little to do with it.

https://www.google.com/#q=steve+appleton+crash
__________________

__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.