Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #1
NELA

get the idea this place is jinxed????

Sunday night a McDonald's "across the river" from us was robbed.

Today a light twin engine plane crashed in to their parking lot.

(they're near an airport)

Also a credit union very close to this McDonald's was robbed today. Description of clothing is *very* similar to that of the McDonald's robbery.

Needless to say, we're glad we're on THIS side of that river and only cross it via the interstate, headed EAST!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Sounds like a place to view from a distance.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:03 PM   #3
B47

Jinxed? - just sounds like a bad location.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #4

Three most important business rules, Location, Location, Perhaps we should move to another Location?!?!?!?
Old 06-03-2014, 07:25 PM   #5
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Three most important business rules, Location, Location, Perhaps we should move to another Location?!?!?!?
oh trust me....we are at least TEN MILES from there. That's near the airport in our area.

Like I said....we stay on THIS side of that river!

Witnesses say the pilot clipped some tree tops. Which would mean he WAY undershot his approach...he was miles from the runways.

Oh, and he's a *very* experience crop duster pilot from this area but....plies his trade mostly in Illinois. Reportedly performing some "test flight" patterns and "ran in to difficulties".

It was actually a Beechcraft Baron, which coincidentally the same type plane that crashed just 3 or so miles south of that spot last year, killing all on board, including a very prominent real estate mogul in this area. That crash was due to pilot error as well. This pilot survived but has serious injuries.

YEP, that area IS jinxed.

I'm gonna dub it the Louisiana Triangle!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #6
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
oh trust me....we are at least TEN MILES from there. That's near the airport in our area.

Like I said....we stay on THIS side of that river!

Witnesses say the pilot clipped some tree tops. Which would mean he WAY undershot his approach...he was miles from the runways.

Oh, and he's a *very* experience crop duster pilot from this area but....plies his trade mostly in Illinois. Reportedly performing some "test flight" patterns and "ran in to difficulties".

It was actually a Beechcraft Baron, which coincidentally the same type plane that crashed just 3 or so miles south of that spot last year, killing all on board, including a very prominent real estate mogul in this area. That crash was due to pilot error as well. This pilot survived but has serious injuries.

YEP, that area IS jinxed.

I'm gonna dub it the Louisiana Triangle!
Beechcraft Baron aka B58? That aircraft is not normally used for aerial application purposes if that's the one he was flying at the time.

Oh yeah most of the pilots of these type aircraft involved in accidents are "very experienced". Just listen to their friends and relatives describe them to the TV reporters after the crash.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Beechcraft Baron aka B58? That aircraft is not normally used for aerial application purposes if that's the one he was flying at the time.

Oh yeah most of the pilots of these type aircraft involved in accidents are "very experienced". Just listen to their friends and relatives describe them to the TV reporters after the crash.
All of them are "very experienced" what they fly has little to do with it.

https://www.google.com/#q=steve+appleton+crash