Old 04-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #21
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post

Yea... deep fried !!!!!
I could eat a whole damn box of those deals.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #22
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Well, all those that were getting black market prices for twinkies are losing their cash cow. They have announced that the assets have been bought, and Twinkies should be back on store shelves starting in July, with other Hostess mainstays shortly after.

Twinkies (the real ones) back on store shelves in July - Business on NBCNews.com
And I am quite sure sure if you follow the money trail it will lead back to the same owners who just used the system to bash the workers.
They will probably be made in China soon with who knows what ingredients.

Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
And I am quite sure sure if you follow the money trail it will lead back to the same owners who just used the system to bash the workers.
They will probably be made in China soon with who knows what ingredients.
Not sure on the money trail, but you may be right on where they could be made in the future. It appears the ones who bought just the Hostess stuff, are experts at buying, reviving, then selling the companies. If they sell Hostess later on down the road, who knows where they may be made. Twinkies have so much preservatives, it wouldn't hurt them at all to be put on a slow boat from China.

But as for right now, the owners of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer also own twinkies. That's a heckuva combination.

Twinkies Are Coming Back: The Metropoulos Brothers On the Brand - The Daily Beast

Here is an excerpt from the above article:

But last month, the Metropouloses, a family of entrepreneurs with a long track record of turning around wounded and orphaned brands, were given approval by a bankruptcy court to acquire control of Hostess. Once the deal closes, they’ll aim to do for Twinkies what they have done with Pabst Blue Ribbon—reposition the brand to a new generation of customers while retaining die-hard fans.

Over the last few decades Greek immigrant Dean Metropoulos has bought, restructured, revived, and sold a series of packaged food brands, including Chef Boyardee, Vlasic Pickles, Bumblebee Tuna, Aunt Jemima, Duncan Hines, and Log Cabin. His success has made him a billionaire; he ranks No. 377 on the Forbes 400. His two millennial sons, Daren (29) and Evan (32), grew up in Stowe, Vermont, and Greenwich, Connecticut, and are now principals with their father in Metropoulos & Co. The two are co-CEOs of Pabst Brewing Company, and they are helping to lead the reinvention of Hostess.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #24
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
Yea... deep fried !!!!!
Many food items sold at the Texas State Fair are deep fried. I believe Twinkles are one of them. Others that I can recall are Snickers, Milky Ways, Bacon.

They are very popular.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #25
MI Camperz

Twinkies and other convenience foods,
became popular after wwii, 50s, 60s etc as women started working in progressively larger numbers. However successful hostess was, they did not progress. Newcomers came in to offer alternatives...esp healthier choices that significant numbers are demanding. Little debbie offers similar items if you want. Personally,+..............yuck wont miss any of that crap. LOL
Old 04-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #26
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
Twinkies and other convenience foods,
became popular after wwii, 50s, 60s etc as women started working in progressively larger numbers. However successful hostess was, they did not progress. Newcomers came in to offer alternatives...esp healthier choices that significant numbers are demanding. Little debbie offers similar items if you want. Personally,+..............yuck wont miss any of that crap. LOL
And I guess that is why you two are as slim as you are judging by your profile picture
Old 04-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #27
MI Camperz

My dh is a junk food king. Sadly. He prefers little debbies. Chips nightly.
Burgers coneys fries typical lunch fare. No high bp or chol. Or diabetes. Lucky i guess. It upsets me though.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #28

Crap!

In the intervening time period, DW and I have gone on diets and will not be able to partake in the tasting of the newly branded Twinkies when it is relaunched. Am a long time Twinkies fan, along with those little icing sugar coated donuts, old-fashioned donuts, ice cream sandwiches and a few others... Have been known to eat a whole package of these treats for breakfast. Crap again - thinking about this must be what holding cocaine in front of an addict is like.

Think I will go out and wax the RV or something to get my mind off Twinkies!

BTW, Little Debbie has a nice line of products but they seem to have an odd taste/texture. Maybe it's the preservatives?
Old 04-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #29
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by myredracer View Post
Crap!

In the intervening time period, DW and I have gone on diets and will not be able to partake in the tasting of the newly branded Twinkies when it is relaunched. Am a long time Twinkies fan, along with those little icing sugar coated donuts, old-fashioned donuts, ice cream sandwiches and a few others... Have been known to eat a whole package of these treats for breakfast. Crap again - thinking about this must be what holding cocaine in front of an addict is like.

Think I will go out and wax the RV or something to get my mind off Twinkies!

BTW, Little Debbie has a nice line of products but they seem to have an odd taste/texture. Maybe it's the preservatives?
I'll let you know how they are!
I'll be the taster fer ya......
Old 04-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #30
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Just me, but I'll take Tastykakes .At one point in time you could only buy Tastykakes her in the east. I think they can be found in many parts of the country Now. Very nice texture and flavor and always fresh

www.tastykake.com