Old 11-03-2012, 07:34 AM   #31

It seems to me that the Hoffmanís have set themselves up for failure again. They have enough new equipment to work two claims, but according to last nightís show any gold on the newest claim is too deep to mine.
With the claim owner getting a share, and investors that have to be paid back with interest I donít see how they can make any money this year. BTW, I see the Volvo logo on their new mining equipment so the investors must have put up a HUGE amount of money.
A business expands when it becomes successful. Todd has expanded operations based on previous failure and thatís a recipe for financial disaster.
This is the third season of Gold Rush and the Hoffman crew along with Parker Schnabel and Fred Hurt have become TV stars thanks to this show. You canít tell me they all donít have big fat paychecks coming from the Discovery Channel.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #32
B47

Well since I didn't win the $100,000 I just am not going to watch Gold Rush anymore - that will teach 'em!

Yes someone has got to be putting up the bucks for this operation. Interesting to see what happens to the Dallas investors money when everything is added up.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #33

I find it hard to believe that the Hoffman’s will give up on the newest claim after drilling just two test holes. The claim is over a mile long and the test holes were on each extreme end of the claim. They really are fools if the don’t drill more test holes looking for gold closer to the surface.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 11-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #34
B47

Just finished watching tonights show. IMO that whole Hoffman crew would be better off if they sent Todd packing down the road - that guy is clueless about what's going on and he just gets in the way.

I am not a miner, but it seems to me if these guys could somehow separate those large rocks from the dirt before the dirt is dumped into the machine (forgot the name) that would save a lot of wear of the machine.
Probably been talked about before, but no good way to do it.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:59 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Just finished watching tonights show. IMO that whole Hoffman crew would be better off if they sent Todd packing down the road - that guy is clueless about what's going on and he just gets in the way.

I am not a miner, but it seems to me if these guys could somehow separate those large rocks from the dirt before the dirt is dumped into the machine (forgot the name) that would save a lot of wear of the machine.
Probably been talked about before, but no good way to do it.
I totally agree with you!! And also the fact on the interview last week where he said he was mad because his investor gave him a deadline and Todd said..."nobody tells me what to do!!" Geezzzz.....if this group puts up almost all the money for him....he better listen!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #36

Is anyone else cheering for Todd to fail?! it`s a shame it has come to this and I hate thinking like that, but it is what they do! I don`t think they will ever get what they are looking for. and did anyone else notice Todds 5`er? kinda high end for someone who isn`t finding any gold?

Still haven`t watched last nites show. I`ll do that today sometime!
Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #37

The first two seasons I considered the Hoffmans to be idiots and failures. This third season I had a moment of revelation. Todd Hoffman has turned himself and his crew into TV stars and Iím sure thatís complete with lucrative contracts with the Discovery Channel.

Todd is also a shrewd businessman, have you noticed that 316 Mining shirt theyíre wearing? Thatís the Hoffmanís website where they are selling their line of clothing and items for the home and office with their 316 mining logo on it.

I still think Todd is an idiot miner, but not a failure. Heís turned his mining idiocy into a successful career.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 12-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #38
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaulsen View Post
I totally agree with you!! And also the fact on the interview last week where he said he was mad because his investor gave him a deadline and Todd said..."nobody tells me what to do!!" Geezzzz.....if this group puts up almost all the money for him....he better listen!
Yes in this world some people do tell other people what to do - especially if those people have their money invested in you.

"Them that has the gold rules"
Old 12-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #39
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Guy View Post
Is anyone else cheering for Todd to fail?! it`s a shame it has come to this and I hate thinking like that, but it is what they do! I don`t think they will ever get what they are looking for. and did anyone else notice Todds 5`er? kinda high end for someone who isn`t finding any gold?

Still haven`t watched last nites show. I`ll do that today sometime!
Yeah - someone is putting money into that show - seems like everytime they run into a money problem, a guardian angel swoops down with the needed cash.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #40
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Todd Hoffman is such an idiot .....
I'm going to start fast forwarding through there segments.
I am no longer going to yell at my dog and kick my dw when he does the most stupidest crap and betrays his crew!

Done with 3:16 mining!

Turbs