Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #11
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy Bill View Post
Glad to hear that you are ok. I work 3days a week and some of the places are really hot so we drink lots of water and watch out for each other. This Texas Summer has really been a HOT one.
Take Care and God Bless
POPPY BILL
thank you.
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #12
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Glad to hear you're doing better! Great to have you back on the forum.
Thanks
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #13
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
dang B! you (like me) ain't no spring chicken anymore! I can't take the heat like I used to, and it's hot as 9 kindsa hades here in Lousy anner too!

I much prefer diet coke over water and caffeine dehydrates ya.

SO these days I hold my nose and drink water quickly.

Keep inside and kick your heels up for a while...ya hear?
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #14
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
dang B! you (like me) ain't no spring chicken anymore! I can't take the heat like I used to, and it's hot as 9 kindsa hades here in Lousy anner too!

I much prefer diet coke over water and caffeine dehydrates ya.

SO these days I hold my nose and drink water quickly.

Keep inside and kick your heels up for a while...ya hear?
Ain't it the truth?

Keep inside? Thats what I was doing. The Dr.said you get get dehydrated even under air conditioning - it can dry you out.

I have to start drinking a lot more water - he suggested about 2 liters daily.

Thanks
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:50 AM   #15
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Ain't it the truth?

Keep inside? Thats what I was doing. The Dr.said you get get dehydrated even under air conditioning - it can dry you out.

I have to start drinking a lot more water - he suggested about 2 liters daily.

Thanks
It's true about air conditioning! Also is one of the reasons I don't care to camp in hot weather. I rather not have the A/C running all the time and its too hot to be comfortable even with fans. I can handle low 90s, maybe mid 90's but not 100+ temps.

I don't like the A/C on high in the truck for long periods of time either because it dries me out. I'm ok with the middle settings but not so much with full blast.
__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #16
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
It's true about air conditioning! Also is one of the reasons I don't care to camp in hot weather. I rather not have the A/C running all the time and its too hot to be comfortable even with fans. I can handle low 90s, maybe mid 90's but not 100+ temps.

I don't like the A/C on high in the truck for long periods of time either because it dries me out. I'm ok with the middle settings but not so much with full blast.
I also thought the more air conditioning you got, the better it was at least from the comfort level,but like everything else, it's got it's pros and cons.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #17
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
Actually (owned a Carrier dealership for 20 years in a previous life) Air conditioners are also dehumidifiers.

Are ya feelin' better?
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #18
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Actually (owned a Carrier dealership for 20 years in a previous life) Air conditioners are also dehumidifiers.

Are ya feelin' better?
Yes on the dehumidifier part of A/C's - the a/c conditions the air by removing the humidity in the ambient air - that's the water you see coming from the a/c on your rv roof a/c.

Carrier was a leader in the a/c business - I think Mr. Carrier started out in Syracuse NY.

Yes - feeling much better - hope I can still say that after we see how much Blue Cross pays on our hospital bill

Thanks for asking.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #19
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
Yep, the story is that Mr. Carrier "invented" A/C...and yep, in Syracuse.

Another think most people don't realize is that A/C is designed to keep the indoor temp 20 degrees below outside temp. So, it's 100 degrees and your inside temp is 80, it's *bowed up* and doing all it was designed to do. Explain that to customers who ain't happy that their inside temp won't get lower than 80 in outdoor temps of 105.

I remember the first station wagon dad bought with A/C! Mom kept complaining that she was getting occasional water drops on her feet. Dad explained that it was "condensation". From then on Mom just griped about "that big word dripping on her feet". /snork

BC/BS'd best do right by ya, lest they come to work one mornin with their parkin lot lookin like Goshen!

__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #20
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Yep, the story is that Mr. Carrier "invented" A/C...and yep, in Syracuse.

Another think most people don't realize is that A/C is designed to keep the indoor temp 20 degrees below outside temp. So, it's 100 degrees and your inside temp is 80, it's *bowed up* and doing all it was designed to do. Explain that to customers who ain't happy that their inside temp won't get lower than 80 in outdoor temps of 105.

I remember the first station wagon dad bought with A/C! Mom kept complaining that she was getting occasional water drops on her feet. Dad explained that it was "condensation". From then on Mom just griped about "that big word dripping on her feet". /snork

BC/BS'd best do right by ya, lest they come to work one mornin with their parkin lot lookin like Goshen!

Yeh on on Carrier in Syracuse - being from Rochestet Carrier was well known.

We had a thread a couple of days ago about the 20 degree difference being the most you should expect from your a/c - and your right on.

I remember our first a/c equipped car - the compressor was the size of a small bomb and you could feel it kick in when driving - a lot of improvements in the whole a/c system since then.

Doesn't seem like the a/c drain tubes clog up like they used to either and drip water in the passenger side.

We have had BC/BS for the past 30 years and always been pleased with them - we kept them when I retired.
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.