Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Good to be back ....

After spending almost 3 days in the hospital. I started getting abdominal pains around my stomach last Saturday and was generally not feeling or looking well.

Finally went to our General Practioner Tuesday and they told me to go to the nearest Emergency Room.

I did and to make a long story somewhat shorter, it turned out that I was severely de-hydrated. I had no idea as I stay out of the hot Texas sun whenever I can.

After getting a cat scan and some other tests, they put me on an IV machine and put what seems to be a hundred bags of solution though me ( it wasn't that many, but seemed like it).

A test they do to test how de- hyadarated your kidneys are ( don't recall the medical name of it) is your normal kidneys should test out at 0-1.0 and mine was 2.6.

Finally got mine down to 1.6 and finally 1.2.

Home now and glad to be back - I'm drinking more water now.

You all be careful.
__________________

__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,616
Glad to hear you are doing better! Hospital stays are not fun at all. I'm surprised how thirty I can be without even knowning it.

Take care.
__________________

__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Glad to hear you are doing better! Hospital stays are not fun at all. I'm surprised how thirty I can be without even knowning it.

Take care.
Thank you. I was surprised at the de-hydration also - never crossed my mind.
__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #4
PPST OGCDG
 
Frank-VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Between I-95 & The Great Dismal Swamp
Posts: 2,163
Glad to hear that you are feeling Better
__________________
Frank- VA {:-{)
2004 4x4 Ford 6.0 PS, SCC, SB
2005 Wildcat 29 RLBS
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank-VA View Post
Glad to hear that you are feeling Better
Thanks
__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sachse tx.
Posts: 129
Glad to hear that you are ok. I work 3days a week and some of the places are really hot so we drink lots of water and watch out for each other. This Texas Summer has really been a HOT one.
Take Care and God Bless
POPPY BILL
__________________
Poppy Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
GASPEDDLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
After spending almost 3 days in the hospital. I started getting abdominal pains around my stomach last Saturday and was generally not feeling or looking well.

Finally went to our General Practioner Tuesday and they told me to go to the nearest Emergency Room.

I did and to make a long story somewhat shorter, it turned out that I was severely de-hydrated. I had no idea as I stay out of the hot Texas sun whenever I can.

After getting a cat scan and some other tests, they put me on an IV machine and put what seems to be a hundred bags of solution though me ( it wasn't that many, but seemed like it).

A test they do to test how de- hyadarated your kidneys are ( don't recall the medical name of it) is your normal kidneys should test out at 0-1.0 and mine was 2.6.

Finally got mine down to 1.6 and finally 1.2.

Home now and glad to be back - I'm drinking more water now.

You all be careful.
That would be your creatinine level. Glad to hear you are feeling better. It doesn't take very long for us to become dehydrated in this Texas heat. Take care and drink those fluids.
__________________

2012 F-350 4x4 King Ranch Super Duty CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel 3.55 e-locker
2011 Palomino Puma 30KFBDS with Side Paw Kitchen and Bunkhouse
Equalizer E2 Hitch
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,512
Glad to hear you're doing better! Great to have you back on the forum.
__________________
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #9
Anacortesians
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 1,167
Boy, am I ever glad our climate here in Anacortes is less arduous. If it gets above 75F, we complain like hell, then go and hide. Humidity above 40% causes power outages (just kidding).

Our summer weather (at least close to the water where we are) rarely gets above 74F. That might be because the bay about 2 miles from our house is 600 feet deep and mainly fed by snow-melt. At our local beach, the water temperature is cold enough to make your legs go numb before you make it to swimmable depth. Humidity is typically around 30% when the temps are above 65F. It can get more humid as the ambient drops below 50F, but that's not a serious problem.

We spent three very uncomfortable years in Tidewater VA (Hampton) and I was never so relieved to get away from a place as then (1974). Apart from those three years, the rest of our time in the US (since 1968) has been in Western Washington and we wouldn't trade it for anywhere else.
__________________
Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #10
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by F and E Damp View Post
Boy, am I ever glad our climate here in Anacortes is less arduous. If it gets above 75F, we complain like hell, then go and hide. Humidity above 40% causes power outages (just kidding).

Our summer weather (at least close to the water where we are) rarely gets above 74F. That might be because the bay about 2 miles from our house is 600 feet deep and mainly fed by snow-melt. At our local beach, the water temperature is cold enough to make your legs go numb before you make it to swimmable depth. Humidity is typically around 30% when the temps are above 65F. It can get more humid as the ambient drops below 50F, but that's not a serious problem.

We spent three very uncomfortable years in Tidewater VA (Hampton) and I was never so relieved to get away from a place as then (1974). Apart from those three years, the rest of our time in the US (since 1968) has been in Western Washington and we wouldn't trade it for anywhere else.
Yep Washington state is beautiful, but doesn't it rain there a lot

Until this event I never got de-hydrated and have lived thru many Texas summers.

Of course, I was younger several years ago and that probably played a factor also.
__________________

__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.