Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 01:47 PM   #21
Happy Keystone Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I wounder what hunters do they also camp, alot of out of state hunters. I live in Virginia. The State parks forbid hand guns and booze, but will allow you to hunt in a designated area's of the State park. The difference is that the weapon can not be loaded during travel.But could be kept in your car or truck to and from the designated area. CG or home which ever. You DO NOT CONCEAL IT. They will ticket you and take the weapon......I used to hunt in Virginia State parks all the time and also COE grounds. I live 2 miles from the State Park that I hunted in and also ran into campers who were hunting. But you better have an out of state lic. or tags if you live in the state and purchased your hunting tags at any Fish and Game dept.
We hunt in Illinois state parks. Hand guns aren't allowed while hunting.

Sent from space

Years camping....55
dbarr is offline   Reply
Old 10-17-2014, 01:59 PM   #22
B47

Ok - Herk said in his #5 post here if you want to carry a gun and aren't sure its legal to do so in some states,then just don't tell anyone you're doing so.

That's fine, but what are the legal consequences if you are forced to use your gun in a life threating incident,such as someone breaking into your RV while you or your family is inside if you are in a state where guns are illegal?

We all hope this never happens,but it could and probably does sometimes somewhere.
B47 is offline   Reply
Old 10-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tent2TT View Post
I have a license to carry in Indiana and as such, legal to own and possess a weapon. I realize that Illinois does not honor or reciprocate Indiana State issued permits. My concern is; is it legal for me to simply have my hand gun inside of my travel trailer while camping in Illinois State Park?

Thanks for anyone that has already researched and know Illinois gun law.

Illinois gun laws continue to morph since the courts told them to relax their restrictions and allow conceal carry permitting. Any changes made still make this a none gun friendly state and your fire arms will be taken and you will be jailed and/or fined. Leave your fire arms at home or lock them up, well out of sight. Use an other form of self protection when in Illinois. My preference is to stay out of the state all together. The Southern half is a very beautiful place to visit. My daughter visited Chicago and said that she would never go back and asked me what the word 'Chicago' meant..... I said to look it up in the Chicago

Missouri is an open carry state, even in all state Campgrounds. Some cities have a restriction on 'open carry' as a city ordinance. A new Missouri state law, voted on in August made it Legal to open carry (foolish to open carry) in cities that have ordinances Prohibiting open carry IF You have a conceal carry permit.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply
Old 10-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #24
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Ok - Herk said in his #5 post here if you want to carry a gun and aren't sure its legal to do so in some states,then just don't tell anyone you're doing so.
"Lock it up and never mention it. Who is going to know?
When in doubt; leave it home.
Most campgrounds (public and private) "prohibit" them anyway"

Well that is a stretch; but if you say so.

Remember the OP's thread is not about "carrying" per se (he did say he had a license in Indiana); but transporting a firearm in the camper across state lines; especially restrictive ones like Illinois, New York, California, and Maryland.

The discussion about transporting one in the camper is appropriate.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply
Old 10-17-2014, 03:36 PM   #25

We were at a Illinois state park 2 weekends ago.On the Mississippi river.There were hunters all around with rifle cases and even had a deer and turkey hanging from the trees.
The paths had signs saying closed for hunting.
No big deal .
Me and my father always carry hand guns in the rvs.His the motor home mine the fifthwheel.
If your not a idiot no one will bother you.If asked by Police if you have guns you MUST say yes.

I had a incident a month ago where a camper was having a fire next to my camper the winds picked up .Told the the lady storm was coming and should put the fire out .She agreed.
husband must seen me putting the fire out on her permission .Came out with a pistol on his hip.Big argument started.And He was a Cop.
highly against the law.
We knew are rights and conceal and carry laws.And cannot show your gun especially a off duty cop.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:46 PM   #26
Site Team - Lou

Pending reply from the OP regarding whether his question was answered to his satisfaction, we are closing the thread.

Should he need further input the thread can be reopened.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply
Closed Thread