Old 07-09-2015, 05:07 PM   #11
No way to shorten the time line. One day the light bulb will go on and she'll realize she hasen't used the full sized sewing machine or the 50 quart crock pot, or the 6 xtra ice cube trays.
It will happen!!!

grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:08 PM   #12
rockfordroo has it right! We guys have to pick our battles, and this one isn't so very important. But to give my wife proper credit (in case she reads this), we are pretty much on the same page concerning this stuff. Also, she lets me drill holes, cut, and modify to my heart's content with no questions.

2011 Sabre Silhouette 260BHS
2006 F-250 6.OL
tinkerreknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:17 PM   #13
After almost 40 years of wedded bliss, I don't pick battles anymore. More like minor skirmishes. But in the end we both give and take, and we're both winners.
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:25 PM   #14
We have a saying here in the south; If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. I think I'll just keep spoiling her, see's worth it.
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:54 PM   #15
Woobles.... You gave in right from the start by giving her the go ahead to spend money...
Ladies usually take that very seriously and are up for it.... so now all you can do is think about all those wonderfull meal coming out of those pots.... it's now too late just relax look at your wife how happy she is and enjoy, nothing dramatic... have fun
micalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:31 PM   #16
We had a thread a few weeks ago similar to this one.I posted then and will again."Men it only takes two words to get along with your wife. Yes Dear".Works every time and as OC said then,"you get the last word in".
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:39 PM   #17
You cant stop her. Let her go and fill up the trailer with stuff,then you have a rock solid motive for getting a bigger trailer! She will never realize she has been had!
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:43 PM   #18
Do you want to be happy for the rest of your life...then just do as she says and go on you will be a lot better off. My wife often reminds me "You say I am not right but you can't prove me wrong"
Roger & Mary Forbes
Little Lady (Dog)
2014 F350 / 2015 CC 36 CKTS
Days Camping 2014-96, 2015-130, 2016-85 and counting
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:04 PM   #19
We purchased a lot of cast iron ware for the TT. This type of cooking is new to us, but we sure are enjoying it. I use a lot of items from the house that were duplicates and bought some new. I don't like to spend money too much and I am sure there are other women like me. My husband and I keep things until they no longer function, so I doubt we will ever buy a bigger TT just for the heck of it. I can't help you decide whether to get rid of the pan. You are the only one who can judge your wife's reaction to it.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:15 PM   #20
I get it! I love my wife and hate (kind of) the idea that I am not the Master and Commander of my life anymore. I am in my mid fifties and got married 4 plus wonderful years ago for the first time.

I am not upset by this. I just thought I might find a similar tale out there, that would let me think that someone had the same experience.

You all have said some valuable things that I recognize. I will and still grumble, only online though.

If you see a middle aged man in the CG with his head hung low, think of me, I love the woman no matter what.
Having said that, I am pretty sure, as suggested in a prior post, a big fire will deform that pan. Just thinking, not acting on it, might take some months before I can pull it off.

Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2015 Grey Wolf 26BH
Wobbles is online now   Reply With Quote