Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2015, 10:33 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Watch all season to see if she uses it. If not, have it disappear over the winter season when she isn't around. She probably won't ever notice. If she does, you can say something to the effect of "oh I hope we didn't leave it at such and such campground when I used it to cook on the fire." You will get a small chastising but not as bad a wrath..... ask my dh what kind of packrat I am. Although emptying out our old tt to sell it and then emptying this one twice for each of its factory return trips had me seeing some of the light. I backed off a couple of things. Although, here I am surfing the net for things like an rv gps, sewer support hose and more lynx revelers. This is in addition to all the crap I just bought for the rally because I'm on a frog kick. DH is already asking where are you going to store that for transport?
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:52 PM   #22

I have these visions of having everyone in the CG over for dinner, and using real(plastic) plates, and real metal silverware! I have plates and bowls and silverware for 12. What do I use? Paper plates! I have (plastic) wine , margarita, oldfashioneds, and tumblers! What do I use? Red throw always, and paper coffee mugs! My visions never come true,but I think it's all trying to make a comfortable home out of the MH. Yep, I've got too much stuff, but it makes me happy to know it s there," just in case"!
Yorkranchgalnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:08 PM   #23

asquared; "Watch all season to see if she uses it. If not, have it disappear over the winter season when she isn't around."

You shocked me, and being a lady and all.

I just cannot find it in my heart to be sneaky with her, even as much as I tell here. I guess I am just going to miss my, uh, you know, err, independence. Yes, that's the word.

Please understand, I say this in jest and I am loving every minute of the camping life. I just wanted to hear other's like tales...

Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkranchgalnguy View Post
I have these visions of having everyone in the CG over for dinner, and using real(plastic) plates, and real metal silverware! I have plates and bowls and silverware for 12. What do I use? Paper plates! I have (plastic) wine , margarita, oldfashioneds, and tumblers! What do I use? Red throw always, and paper coffee mugs! My visions never come true,but I think it's all trying to make a comfortable home out of the MH. Yep, I've got too much stuff, but it makes me happy to know it s there," just in case"!
Sounds wonderful(plastic or not). Where do I go to get on the list? I will be bringing the wife.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:39 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Hey Wobbles- I'll tell you what, I will trade you DH's ratty old falling apart comforter that he's had since high school and won't give up for your warped pot. His comforter is dead, it doesn't even hold thread for mending anymore. Let's have a camping meet up.and somehow these items end up in each other's rig only to be tossed later.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:25 PM   #26

Quote:
I am in my mid fifties and got married 4 plus wonderful years ago for the first time.
Four years! You're just a pup! I'm at 35 years. You'll learn!

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:48 PM   #27
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Four years! You're just a pup! I'm at 35 years. You'll learn!
Who's the pup? We're at 55 in Aug.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:02 PM   #28

My wife knew she was marring an eng'iner. Our rule is that everything in the coach must have a permanent assigned home, then it is added to the pre flight inventory. BUT DW has control of everything with HVAC (house, coach and cars). I have the rest of the known world (garage, yard). I do have the coach bays as I convinced her that the bay heater vents were for frost proofing and if she wanted custody she would also inherent the crawl space under the house. She now defines HVAC as heated and cooled living space. Just past the 42 year mark with DW, a clam should be so happy.....
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:35 PM   #29

Quote:
Who's the pup? We're at 55 in Aug.
Everything's relative! (So I'm "middle-aged!)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:40 PM   #30

Wow you guys are way ahead of me in the length of marriage game.

I think I may just keep that pan now and show it to everybody, with a little story now.

That is the plan now. I will do demonstrations in the CG and maybe the DW will throw it away.

Probably going to hades if I handle it this way. Just resisting the idea of being a drone.

Go ahead say it guys, I am gonna be sorry.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:51 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Wow you guys are way ahead of me in the length of marriage game.

I think I may just keep that pan now and show it to everybody, with a little story now.

That is the plan now. I will do demonstrations in the CG and maybe the DW will throw it away.

Probably going to hades if I handle it this way. Just resisting the idea of being a drone.

Go ahead say it guys, I am gonna be sorry.

My DH is anything but a drone and we have been married 9 yrs.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:19 PM   #32
Cyber Phrenologist

I guess I am the luckiest man on the forum.

On our backpacking trips of long ago, where Sweet Wife just packed up some clothes and went along for the walk, the major planning was left to me. Planning is important to the backpacker, since you could be 20 miles into the woods and then realize you have no matches, or TP, or tent pegs. Planning what NOT to take is important, too. So I learned to plan well, and she learned to trust me.

Along came the trailer. Actually I had about 10 years to think about it. And when it started to look like we would actually own an RV, then I began to collect all the stuff we would need. Yard sales. Big Lots. Walmart. Mother in laws estate. I packed away for 18 months. And then July 5th, 2008, moving day. Followed by a week long shakedown cruise. I did some pretty good planning on that one, too.

I guess at the house I have my say, but she gets her way. In the camper, I am Master and Commander. But I listen. And the more she gets her head around this trailer life thing the better her ideas and plans are. And we still have that minimalist approach to what we now call camping. After 8 years we finally got around to paying $16 for a crock-pot for the trailer! Half our storage space remains unused. I guess to us, leaving it all behind means leaving stuff behind.

So here she is, on day one, moving into her new kitchen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KatinKit.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	362.8 KB
ID:	82552  

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #33

You can stop your spouse??? Really??? Since when???

After seeing the title, the first thought in my mind was "The Long Trailer" with Desi Arnez and Lucille Ball.

When we sold our Rockwood Ultralite 2602, the stuff we pulled out of it was, to put it mildly, astonishing! So when we bought our new Solaire, I gave my bride a list of things to buy so we wouldn't have a repeat performance. She has been real good about getting light-weight stuff (that combined with age, arthritis and the general slowdown that comes to us all) that she can work with. She was real great and we have nearly everything ship shape without loading up our new TT.
elchilero53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:48 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchilero53 View Post
After seeing the title, the first thought in my mind was "The Long Trailer" with Desi Arnez and Lucille Ball.
Truth, when I brought the TT home DW looked it all over and turned to me and said she was just looking for places to put her rocks.