Old 07-10-2015, 07:51 PM   #31
Site Team
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Wow you guys are way ahead of me in the length of marriage game.

I think I may just keep that pan now and show it to everybody, with a little story now.

That is the plan now. I will do demonstrations in the CG and maybe the DW will throw it away.

Probably going to hades if I handle it this way. Just resisting the idea of being a drone.

Go ahead say it guys, I am gonna be sorry.

My DH is anything but a drone and we have been married 9 yrs.

<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:19 PM   #32
Cyber Phrenologist
I guess I am the luckiest man on the forum.

On our backpacking trips of long ago, where Sweet Wife just packed up some clothes and went along for the walk, the major planning was left to me. Planning is important to the backpacker, since you could be 20 miles into the woods and then realize you have no matches, or TP, or tent pegs. Planning what NOT to take is important, too. So I learned to plan well, and she learned to trust me.

Along came the trailer. Actually I had about 10 years to think about it. And when it started to look like we would actually own an RV, then I began to collect all the stuff we would need. Yard sales. Big Lots. Walmart. Mother in laws estate. I packed away for 18 months. And then July 5th, 2008, moving day. Followed by a week long shakedown cruise. I did some pretty good planning on that one, too.

I guess at the house I have my say, but she gets her way. In the camper, I am Master and Commander. But I listen. And the more she gets her head around this trailer life thing the better her ideas and plans are. And we still have that minimalist approach to what we now call camping. After 8 years we finally got around to paying $16 for a crock-pot for the trailer! Half our storage space remains unused. I guess to us, leaving it all behind means leaving stuff behind.

So here she is, on day one, moving into her new kitchen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KatinKit.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	362.8 KB
ID:	82552  

Admin at, part of the Social Knowledge network.
"RVing and Amateur Radio served up on the same plate"
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #33
You can stop your spouse??? Really??? Since when???

After seeing the title, the first thought in my mind was "The Long Trailer" with Desi Arnez and Lucille Ball.

When we sold our Rockwood Ultralite 2602, the stuff we pulled out of it was, to put it mildly, astonishing! So when we bought our new Solaire, I gave my bride a list of things to buy so we wouldn't have a repeat performance. She has been real good about getting light-weight stuff (that combined with age, arthritis and the general slowdown that comes to us all) that she can work with. She was real great and we have nearly everything ship shape without loading up our new TT.
elchilero53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:48 PM   #34
Originally Posted by elchilero53 View Post
After seeing the title, the first thought in my mind was "The Long Trailer" with Desi Arnez and Lucille Ball.
Truth, when I brought the TT home DW looked it all over and turned to me and said she was just looking for places to put her rocks.

Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2015 Grey Wolf 26BH
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote