Old 12-31-2013, 06:42 PM   #31
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Congrats Weezer!! How exciting to bring in the New Year with a new camper! Are we going to see this new camper in Goshen this year?
O...MG! Now there's a plan, Stan!

That would be awesomeness to infinity. Time to start talkin' turkey to the DH 'bout that!

Maybe we can plan a bigger trip over all and make Goshen a part of it.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:49 PM   #32
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 1367 View Post
We bought a Wildwood 31QTBS(bunk room) on Memorial Day because my wife thought the Grandkids would come with us. After three weekend trips alone we took a 6 hour trip. With the sway, which I did not think was too bad she started talking about going to a 5er. That was on the trip out! On the trip home 3 days latter she suggested we go talk to the dealer. We had a trip from Pa to NM planned for November and her reasoning was why not have what we really want. Had a Heritage Glen 28RLT by Labor Day.

We took the trip in November put on 5368 miles with zero issues! Best decision we could have made.
Now that the deal is done, we're *so* excited...like kids who can't wait for Santa.

This sets us up for retirement, which was our initial goal when we bought the TT. We just didn't find the perfect sized 5er at the time, plus I had that irrational fear of the whole 5er hook-up issue.

I wish I had a hundred dollars for every 5er hook-up video I've watched since then. DH and I were still watching videos of that at 10:00 last night.

I think I'll even be more accepting of the idea of pulling this trailer. Only pulled the other trailer for about 50 miles...straight interstate just inside the LA line coming from MS. White knuckles you bet!

We're gonna get one of those "bed saver" rods that attaches to the 5er hitch...I think OC made his own...since we're new to the 5er hitch up....shoulda named it "Fifth Wheeler Safety Device for Dummies".

Old 12-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #33
NELA

Oh, and we'll be doing our shake-down in....

the driveway!

(actually in the back yard...that's where the shore power is)

Prolly not Saturday night...we'll spend that time moving back in. But Sunday night fer sure.

Told DH last night that *this* time the PDI guy is gonna earn his pay. We aren't green horns this time. Everything will be tested and retested. If it's winterized...we want it unwinterized so it can *all* be tested before we leave with it.

We spent over an hour in it this past Saturday going over every nook and cranny and I had a short list of things to be adjusted. LOL....stairway side bathroom door needs the striker plate adjusted. Two drawers don't stay closed, etc.

We're about to be happy-er campers.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #34

Weezer, congratulations to you and your DH on the new 5er. If that is what it takes to make you comfortable in an RV, GOOD FOR YOU GUYS.

we didn't trade for a 5th wheel, and certainly not for the reasons you mentioned in your OP, but we did trade just about a year ago, after owning our first trailer for just 12 months. Traded up to a bigger tt, then traded our 1500 Silverado for a bigger truck.

St. Louis RV and sports show opens January 9. Yvonne says I can't go.

Congratulations again on the new unit.
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
ďIt's not how old you are, it's how you are old.ĒJules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #35
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusN View Post
Other things for the 5'er that you may want to consider is JT Strongarms or another stabilizer brand and I also installed Itelli-jacks leveling system that sets the level of the disconnect from the truck and then push one button to level the trailer front to back while you go off and do all the other things necessary to set up and when you want to leave you push one button to connect and it takes it back to the position you disconnected at (no guessing) and then once hitched & locked push another button and the front jacks retract to a preset position without you have to stand there and hold a button allowing you to get other stuff done. The intelli-jacks were $245 and took about 2 hours to assemble. They make life a lot easier and no standing around holding buttons and guessing if that is correct positions.

I also love my intellijacks. They are great, and stabilizers are essential on the front, although I went with winfields, rather than the JT's.

More mods than I can list.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:46 PM   #36
Fulltime family RVer

On the FRF site, in the Library is a PDI checklist that is amazingly helpful to make sure you hit all of the systems. It helped me find out my heater wasn't working (in the middle of July, at that!).
Old 12-31-2013, 10:03 PM   #37
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post

St. Louis RV and sports show opens January 9. Yvonne says I can't go.

Congratulations again on the new unit.
LOL! Thanks Mike, and sounds like you're married to a very wise lady!

Old 12-31-2013, 10:07 PM   #38
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
On the FRF site, in the Library is a PDI checklist that is amazingly helpful to make sure you hit all of the systems. It helped me find out my heater wasn't working (in the middle of July, at that!).
I have that printed out....did it before we bought Francis, but walked off and left it here at home....won't make that mistake this time!

I just chuckled about what I posted re the drawers that don't stay closed... on the dealer's site where they posts photos of the units, for our unit there's the pic of the bedroom, of the drawer below the "shirt wardrobe" and there's that drawer...sure 'nuff, it's slid open.

Now that we have pass through storage, all that storage under the bed will come in handy! And with the pass through, no more storing the grill on the floor in the living area while in transit. LOTS of room under there!