Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #1

How was your Thanksgiving trip?

Well... Mine went pretty good. Only a couple of problems. I learned how to tell when one of the gray tanks are full....it backs up in the tub. I also leaned the water supply can freeze at the frost proof faucet. We set up Thursday-morning... Left for lunch with in laws... and left about 1 today. No body cried...no known damage to the trailer..so I call it a success. Hope all the other campers did well.

One side note...it was kinda sad when all the campers started leaving the campground. It was prolly 25% full to start.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
Always Learning

My no-RV'ing trip was good. Went to the ICE! display at the Gaylord National Hotel - it was neat, but not sure it was worth the money. They did have a cute Dreamworks-themed scavenger hunt at the hotel that kept us busy for an hour and a half or so. That was fun.

Then we went to the Aquarium in Baltimore for an afternoon. No strollers so junior was a handful, but we had a good time. Missed the dolphin show unfortunately (that could have been better advertised for its times).

Then family for a few days. Crazy Black Friday midnight shopping with just the missus and I. Always enjoy spending time with her no matter what we are doing.

Finally ended with a weekend shopping trip in Lancaster, PA at the outlets and mall and a hotel stay for the pretty lady and I. Sure made me miss my camper- uncomfortable bed, too short shower and no kitchen; but again, was a good time because it was just her and I. The kids were at Grandma's house.

Now I'm home alone with my daughter. Wife stayed back with family because her Ma has surgery Tuesday. I'll be Mr. Mom for a few days until we head back up Friday.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #3
Average Joe

Our trip was interesting. We boondocked at Flying J in 16 degree temps with 40 mph winds. Learned real quick the capabilities of the Sunseeker. Boondocked at my Dad's place in the Blue Ridge. Stayed at Cool Breeze RV Campground a night and Misty Mountain Resort a night. Very happy with the MH and had fun. Heading to Fla for Christmas. (-:

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote