Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 08:38 PM   #1

Illegal Transport???

I was discussing our upcoming vacation to Colorado with a coworker today and he brought up an interesting point. Since your tow vehicle and trailer both have license plates--finding out where you live is a definite possibility. What if someone were to hide a package of what is legal in Colorado but not most states, then come to your home later to retrieve their package? Or follow you to a rest area far enough away from possible road inspection locations to retrieve? Now that I am thinking in a paranoid frame of mind; we will be away from our trailer quite a bit on this trip as we explore back trails and Rocky Mountain National Park. What if someone does such a thing and its found by the legal authorities? "It's not mine" is the standard answer but that won't go far with the police. Something to think about! Or am I just truly being paranoid?

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old 03-29-2016, 08:53 PM   #2

Randy ,how do you think Your Buddy ships his Poles so cheap! Youroo!!

Old 03-29-2016, 09:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old car View Post
I was discussing our upcoming vacation to Colorado with a coworker today and he brought up an interesting point. Since your tow vehicle and trailer both have license plates--finding out where you live is a definite possibility. What if someone were to hide a package of what is legal in Colorado but not most states, then come to your home later to retrieve their package? Or follow you to a rest area far enough away from possible road inspection locations to retrieve? Now that I am thinking in a paranoid frame of mind; we will be away from our trailer quite a bit on this trip as we explore back trails and Rocky Mountain National Park. What if someone does such a thing and its found by the legal authorities? "It's not mine" is the standard answer but that won't go far with the police. Something to think about! Or am I just truly being paranoid?
Wow, Always be aware of your circumstances as in what goes on around you and the people you share information with. This is a worry I do not have as I do not run with a bad folks and do not share my travel plans with anyone but the closest.

This should not be an issue(I hope for you). That scenario is extreme. Then again the saying goes "Just because you are paranoid, it does not mean someone is not out to get you".

Enjoy your travels and don't sweat the petty things pet the sweaty things.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:02 PM   #4
Site Team

I think the probability of that is fairly low to none. It would be equivalent to placing their "money" in your RV, which would be out of their hands and control...and hope you go straight home and not on a cross country tour. It would just seem too risky for someone to do that with their "money"...which could be lost due to you being stopped by the authorities, in a wreck, finding it, or other things that they would never know about.

Too easy to just ship it via Fed-Ex or UPS. At least they have a tracking number then and know where the package is at.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
Old 03-29-2016, 09:04 PM   #5

I think you are paranoid. They have other methods of transporting their product. And unless you tell someone you don't know your travel plans, hoe do they know where you are going? I'd say you have an equal chance of getting struck by a meteor.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2016, 09:07 PM   #6
DDC

Would it not be easier to mail it.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
Would it not be easier to mail it.
Sorry DDC, In the lower 48 there is no guarantee that it will show up on time or at all...
Old 03-29-2016, 09:12 PM   #8

Thanks for the responses so far and the humor. Not worried about my coworker setting me up but it is an interesting train of thought. "Mules" have been used before. Probably too much NCIS in my viewing habits! My running around with the "bad" people is long behind me. I'm ready for some mountain time so I just need to put all these thoughts behind me.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old 03-29-2016, 09:19 PM   #9

Whats to say the guys taking your trailer back to Goshen are not importing new crops from said state...
Old 03-29-2016, 09:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old car View Post
Thanks for the responses so far and the humor. Not worried about my coworker setting me up but it is an interesting train of thought. "Mules" have been used before. Probably too much NCIS in my viewing habits! My running around with the "bad" people is long behind me. I'm ready for some mountain time so I just need to put all these thoughts behind me.
Bad Boys! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_4491.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	103266  

Tags
sport