Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #31
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,744
Not injured, but I ... well, watch the video:

__________________

__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:54 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Timex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Not injured, but I ... well, watch the video:

Thank goodness you didn't get any in that beautiful mane!
__________________

__________________
2012 Flagstaff V Lite 30 WRLTS
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 Mag Hemi 3.72 Rearaxle
Nights camped 2015 = 23
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:57 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Timex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 1,658
What about the all-time classic?

Has anybody ever walked into the hitch?

If you've done it, you'll know what I mean!
__________________
2012 Flagstaff V Lite 30 WRLTS
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 Mag Hemi 3.72 Rearaxle
Nights camped 2015 = 23
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:17 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
HONDAMAN174's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Big brown desert
Posts: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
Has anybody ever walked into the hitch?

If you've done it, you'll know what I mean!

But what is worse? The pain or trying to get the hitch grease off your pants?


2014 Stealth Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7 "Clifford"
__________________
2014 Stealth Evo 2850- "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7- "Clifford"
2013 Honda Accord Coupe V6 w/Track Pack- "Julia"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:26 PM   #35
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDAMAN174 View Post
But what is worse? The pain or trying to get the hitch grease off your pants?


2014 Stealth Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7 "Clifford"

The pain.

Baby wipes make short order of the hitch grease.




Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:01 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
mlangdn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 268
I was constantly walking into the awning on my Rockwood Pup - from either the front or side. Being 6' 5" has its disadvantages. On my new Coachmen TT, I can walk anywhere around the awning with impunity.

That said, I was sitting in my gravity chair one afternoon enjoying a cold, foamy beverage. There was a light rain with no wind and I could see the clouds breaking up nicely from the west. I never could get that awning to adjust for a rain drip. Even though the arms weren't locked, I couldn't budge them on either side.


I reckon enough rain finally collected enough to send that awning down on my side. I thought it was collapsing and I flew out of the chair and grabbed the awning. Water was falling all over me on that end - then the awning just went right back up! Also, now I can easily move the arms in and out to adjust for a rain drip.


Injuries - one Bud-Light, one blown out flip-flop from the sudden jump up, a skinned big toe, and my pride.......
__________________
2014 Coachmen Catalina
243RBS 50th Anniversary
2013 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
mlangdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:56 AM   #37
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 15,023
I have two doors on my TT, with the corresponding two sets of steps. If I'm camping by myself, I usually don't ever use the front bedroom door, or pull the steps out to it.

Well, one morning, my camping buddies knocked on the bedroom door and told me breakfast was ready. I jumped out of bed, threw some clothes on.... and promptly stepped out the bedroom door sans the steps.

That was a pretty big first step, where I did a good tuck and roll onto the pavement. Hurt my legs, skinned an elbow, briefly tasted an intestine, and took a big hit to my pride. Luckily all my buddies were inside another camper and didn't see my RV Olympics Dummy Dive.
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:22 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
As long as you didn't bend the corner, the skin will grow back. I think there is a question that needs to be asked referring to ancestry.

I always say.... I will heal the (item I care about) won't.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel
Our new 5er 10-26-16
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #39
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlangdn View Post
I was constantly walking into the awning on my Rockwood Pup - from either the front or side. Being 6' 5" has its disadvantages. On my new Coachmen TT, I can walk anywhere around the awning with impunity.

That said, I was sitting in my gravity chair one afternoon enjoying a cold, foamy beverage. There was a light rain with no wind and I could see the clouds breaking up nicely from the west. I never could get that awning to adjust for a rain drip. Even though the arms weren't locked, I couldn't budge them on either side.


I reckon enough rain finally collected enough to send that awning down on my side. I thought it was collapsing and I flew out of the chair and grabbed the awning. Water was falling all over me on that end - then the awning just went right back up! Also, now I can easily move the arms in and out to adjust for a rain drip.


Injuries - one Bud-Light, one blown out flip-flop from the sudden jump up, a skinned big toe, and my pride.......
Perfect candidate for a set of awning pole brackets and homemade poles so you can adjust the awning tilt and hold it.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Dunno if it qualifies as an "injury" but I got bitten by a spider on Friday before we came home on Sunday this last trip.

Yeah, it's finally in the healing stage, after 10 days.

Little bugger DIED, I hope painfully.

Lol. Chuck Norris was once bitten by a king cobra...and after 4 agonizing days of pain. The cobra died. Sorry


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel
Our new 5er 10-26-16
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camping

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.