Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
DDC

Is communication with DW a bad thing?

So I did all the research I could think of, combed the forums for info and decided on buying a yamaha 2000 generator, meanwhile during a shopping trip to Costco the DW sees a Champion 2000 for $499, 'oh thats a lot cheaper' she says. How do I explain this I've tried the Chevy Cadillac thing and she is still thinking about that and I have my fingers crossed that she will get it.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
So I did all the research I could think of, combed the forums for info and decided on buying a yamaha 2000 generator, meanwhile during a shopping trip to Costco the DW sees a Champion 2000 for $499, 'oh thats a lot cheaper' she says. How do I explain this I've tried the Chevy Cadillac thing and she is still thinking about that and I have my fingers crossed that she will get it.
"How do I explain this ..." ? The answer is you don't because you cannot. There is no answer in the world that a man can give to a woman when she starts asking for your rationale in explaining a decision you made solely on your own - just cannot be done.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
Always Learning

Find a music she hates.

Turn it up really loud. That's the "Champion 2000", you explain.

Now, turn it down nice and low. That's the "Yamaha 2000", you explain.

(Said completely tongue in cheek - I don't know the dB levels of each of these.)
Old 04-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
"How do I explain this ..." ? The answer is you don't because you cannot. There is no answer in the world that a man can give to a woman when she starts asking for your rationale in explaining a decision you made solely on your own - just cannot be done.
Especially when you are trying to explain/justify why an expensive tool is better than an inexpensive tool.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #5
MI Camperz

And Visa Versa when we (ladies) are trying to explain shoes!
Although I'm pretty proud I made the decision and purchased, by myself, with help from folks here...a brand new surge protector! It can be done!
Old 04-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #6
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
And Visa Versa when we (ladies) are trying to explain shoes!
Although I'm pretty proud I made the decision and purchased, by myself, with help from folks here...a brand new surge protector! It can be done!
Shoes do not make noise or generate electricity or air pressure or draw blood if improperty used Therefore men are not interested in them and have no desire to communicate with women when they are purchasing them.

This simply confirms my first post to this thread.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #7
MI Camperz

Yeah, but they seem to often want to know why we need so many and spend so much money on them, similar to your expensive, way too many tool thing. You should see my garage! OY EE VAAAAAAAAAy!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #8

Quote:
On Monday I returned the champion 2000 to Costco, just couldn't accommodate our CC Silverback...we went ahead and purchased the Honda 2000i.
Bogey3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
Graduate Member

What? You mean communication between the sexes remains a mystery?
2012 - 26 days

RoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #10
B47

Quote:
Yeah, but they seem to often want to know why we need so many and spend so much money on them, similar to your expensive, way too many tool thing. You should see my garage! OY EE VAAAAAAAAAy!
Funny how you fail to mention how many pairs of shoes you have or show us a pic of your closet.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #11
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Funny how you fail to mention how many pairs of shoes you have or show us a pic of your closet.
I have shoes in two clothes closets, a florida room (just extras), utility room (boots and mud shoes) and at the camper. Due to the limit of how many pictures we can post, it would be futile.
Nice Try! LOL
Old 04-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #12
B47

Quote:
I have shoes in two clothes closets, a florida room (just extras), utility room (boots and mud shoes) and at the camper. Due to the limit of how many pictures we can post, it would be futile.
Nice Try! LOL
If you want to hide behind the fact that you are limited to the number of pics you can post as your reason for not showing us, then I got nothing else except to once again refer to my first post in this thread
Old 04-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #13
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey3025 View Post
On Monday I returned the champion 2000 to Costco, just couldn't accommodate our CC Silverback...we went ahead and purchased the Honda 2000i.
That's what I am working at now, the Champion is considerably bigger so I might not be able to get her Knitting box in. ( I think I'm winning now)
Old 04-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

I guess I'm a different kind of girl. I understand the difference between the 2 gen sets. DH on the other hand took some teaching on this matter. He buys more shoes, sunglasses and clothes than i do. lol. I also haven't bought any shoes other than sneakers in the last 5 years. All of my sandals, heels etc are old and out of date and torn up but I don't care because I almost never wear them. Did I mention I don't think I even own a dress that fits me? Guess I'm still a tomboy.... I'm in my thirties so does that make me a Tomman instead?
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #15

I had 2 Champions 2000 generators. They are actually 1600. I tried to run them to power our 275 Surveyor. Almost every time the a/c kicked on, they kicked out. We could not leave because of our pets. We purchased 2 Honda 2000s, they have never kicked out or failed in 2 years.

What could go wrong?
lowbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Tim the toolman would say " look honey this is a man thing you wouldn't understand we need the Yamaha"
Old 04-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #17

Quote:
That's what I am working at now, the Champion is considerably bigger so I might not be able to get her Knitting box in. ( I think I'm winning now)
Do not forget to let her know SHE will need to help you get it in the truck or up the ramps into the travel trailer.
You can handle the yamaha 2000 generator by youself.
Things that make you say mmmmmmmm!
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #18
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiecamper View Post
Tim the toolman would say " look honey this is a man thing you wouldn't understand we need the Yamaha"
I still like eating her cooking , not so fond of mine.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiecamper View Post

... The Binford 2000, argh argh argh.