Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 12:06 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Poppy94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 235
it's official, we're spoiled.

well, we just got back from dry camping with our quads/four wheelers/atvs. had a blast! my kids loved it. me and my wife also had a great time. BUT, we realized that me and my beloved wife are spoiled to that 30 amp power pole and the water. sure we had a generator (which is fairly quiet), so we had electricity. just not the ultimate quiet condition that a CG offers. SO, with that said, our dry camping days ain't over, just now they're more limited. you gotta love utilities!
__________________

__________________
Poppy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Twisty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,138
I know what you mean!!
For me it is the never ending supply of fresh water and the simple pulling of a waste water valve handle to get rid of it!
I love me the hook'em'ups!!!!!!!!!
__________________

__________________
FOR SALE 2014 BOSS 6.2L F350
2012 Surveyor SV264
NW Oregon
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
cogito ergo moo
 
Cowracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Imperial (St. Louis) MO
Posts: 2,326
My wifes sister complains that what we do aint "camping". We are in a 'camper' at a 'campsite' but she thinks that "real" camping involves fitful nights sleeping in a hot tent, washing up in a pot of water heated over a fire, peeing in the woods, and only eating what can be grilled.

I tell her, when I go to "get away from it all..." I like to take most of it with me.

Tim
__________________
FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 20124444444444My Project Blog: https://cowracer.blogspot.com/
2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss44444444"And Cowracer is right..." - Bikendan
Rallies Attended:
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Campingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Carstairs Alberta Canada
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKyle View Post
well, we just got back from dry camping with our quads/four wheelers/atvs. had a blast! my kids loved it. me and my wife also had a great time. BUT, we realized that me and my beloved wife are spoiled to that 30 amp power pole and the water. sure we had a generator (which is fairly quiet), so we had electricity. just not the ultimate quiet condition that a CG offers. SO, with that said, our dry camping days ain't over, just now they're more limited. you gotta love utilities!
Nothing an inverter, solar panels and an extra fresh water tank won't fix
__________________
Tim and Bev
2013 Cedar Creek 34RLSA, Magnum 2800w inverter, 560w of solar.
2015 F-350
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
My wifes sister complains that what we do aint "camping". We are in a 'camper' at a 'campsite' but she thinks that "real" camping involves fitful nights sleeping in a hot tent, washing up in a pot of water heated over a fire, peeing in the woods, and only eating what can be grilled.

I tell her, when I go to "get away from it all..." I like to take most of it with me.

Tim
Kind of reminds me of a girl I dated whose idea of roughing it was spending a night at a Hilton and the air conditioning isn't working
__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
wyo700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 892
Dang and me I wouldn't know what to do with my self if I had hook ups. We have only ever dry/boondock camped. But we do have a onboard gen that is quiet enough and a 106 gallon fresh water tank. And I considered all of that being spoiled. One day I'm sure we will stay in a full hook up camp ground.
__________________
2012 Sandstorm 203slc
2013 Toyota Tundra
Eqil-l-izer hitch,Prodigy P3
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Linnemj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo700 View Post
Dang and me I wouldn't know what to do with my self if I had hook ups. We have only ever dry/boondock camped. But we do have a onboard gen that is quiet enough and a 106 gallon fresh water tank. And I considered all of that being spoiled. One day I'm sure we will stay in a full hook up camp ground.
And.....

We are the opposite. It is not that we always have all 3 hookups so we have "roughed" it with just electric. I am looking forward to our trip out west so we can do some real boondocking. You guys out west have to realize that the rest of the country just doesn't have as much opportunity to live on the rough side!!
__________________
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR 29 MBV
2010 Dodge 2500 Cummings
Honda ST1100
BMW R1100R
Linnemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
wyo700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnemj View Post

And.....

We are the opposite. It is not that we always have all 3 hookups so we have "roughed" it with just electric. I am looking forward to our trip out west so we can do some real boondocking. You guys out west have to realize that the rest of the country just doesn't have as much opportunity to live on the rough side!!
That is for sure if you want to camp it's so easy to just drive about an hour and you are next to a lake or in the mountains. But almost every time it's boon dock camping. Having such a big FW tank was a must along with a generator. It definitely makes life easier. But it is nice to have those comforts when boondocking.
__________________
2012 Sandstorm 203slc
2013 Toyota Tundra
Eqil-l-izer hitch,Prodigy P3
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
sself1219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Rome, Georgia
Posts: 149
I have boondocked a couple of time with my fresh water tank and a7kw generator, wasn't bad, just had to watch the water usage. That being said, we usually camp at state parks that have water and electricity and it's really nice to keep those utilities. I have friends that say this isn't camping, my reply is "why do they call it a camper..."
__________________
Stephen

2004 Surveyor SV 261T
2011 Nissan Armada
sself1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Poppy94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 235
spent Memorial weekend at the CG we love the most. yes sir, that utility pole was a luxury. WOW, it was worth it. we laid up like gut shot deer and had a great time. gotta go back to work for a bit until vacation pops up then we're off again. hope everyone else had a great weekend and made it back home safely.
__________________

__________________
Poppy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.