Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #1

it's official, we're spoiled.

well, we just got back from dry camping with our quads/four wheelers/atvs. had a blast! my kids loved it. me and my wife also had a great time. BUT, we realized that me and my beloved wife are spoiled to that 30 amp power pole and the water. sure we had a generator (which is fairly quiet), so we had electricity. just not the ultimate quiet condition that a CG offers. SO, with that said, our dry camping days ain't over, just now they're more limited. you gotta love utilities!
Poppy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #2

I know what you mean!!
For me it is the never ending supply of fresh water and the simple pulling of a waste water valve handle to get rid of it!
I love me the hook'em'ups!!!!!!!!!
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
Broken Toe

My wifes sister complains that what we do aint "camping". We are in a 'camper' at a 'campsite' but she thinks that "real" camping involves fitful nights sleeping in a hot tent, washing up in a pot of water heated over a fire, peeing in the woods, and only eating what can be grilled.

I tell her, when I go to "get away from it all..." I like to take most of it with me.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKyle View Post
well, we just got back from dry camping with our quads/four wheelers/atvs. had a blast! my kids loved it. me and my wife also had a great time. BUT, we realized that me and my beloved wife are spoiled to that 30 amp power pole and the water. sure we had a generator (which is fairly quiet), so we had electricity. just not the ultimate quiet condition that a CG offers. SO, with that said, our dry camping days ain't over, just now they're more limited. you gotta love utilities!
Nothing an inverter, solar panels and an extra fresh water tank won't fix
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
My wifes sister complains that what we do aint "camping". We are in a 'camper' at a 'campsite' but she thinks that "real" camping involves fitful nights sleeping in a hot tent, washing up in a pot of water heated over a fire, peeing in the woods, and only eating what can be grilled.

I tell her, when I go to "get away from it all..." I like to take most of it with me.

Tim
Kind of reminds me of a girl I dated whose idea of roughing it was spending a night at a Hilton and the air conditioning isn't working
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #6

Dang and me I wouldn't know what to do with my self if I had hook ups. We have only ever dry/boondock camped. But we do have a onboard gen that is quiet enough and a 106 gallon fresh water tank. And I considered all of that being spoiled. One day I'm sure we will stay in a full hook up camp ground.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo700 View Post
Dang and me I wouldn't know what to do with my self if I had hook ups. We have only ever dry/boondock camped. But we do have a onboard gen that is quiet enough and a 106 gallon fresh water tank. And I considered all of that being spoiled. One day I'm sure we will stay in a full hook up camp ground.
And.....

We are the opposite. It is not that we always have all 3 hookups so we have "roughed" it with just electric. I am looking forward to our trip out west so we can do some real boondocking. You guys out west have to realize that the rest of the country just doesn't have as much opportunity to live on the rough side!!
Honda ST1100
BMW R1100R
Linnemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnemj View Post

And.....

We are the opposite. It is not that we always have all 3 hookups so we have "roughed" it with just electric. I am looking forward to our trip out west so we can do some real boondocking. You guys out west have to realize that the rest of the country just doesn't have as much opportunity to live on the rough side!!
That is for sure if you want to camp it's so easy to just drive about an hour and you are next to a lake or in the mountains. But almost every time it's boon dock camping. Having such a big FW tank was a must along with a generator. It definitely makes life easier. But it is nice to have those comforts when boondocking.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #9

I have boondocked a couple of time with my fresh water tank and a7kw generator, wasn't bad, just had to watch the water usage. That being said, we usually camp at state parks that have water and electricity and it's really nice to keep those utilities. I have friends that say this isn't camping, my reply is "why do they call it a camper..."

2004 Surveyor SV 261T
2011 Nissan Armada
sself1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #10

spent Memorial weekend at the CG we love the most. yes sir, that utility pole was a luxury. WOW, it was worth it. we laid up like gut shot deer and had a great time. gotta go back to work for a bit until vacation pops up then we're off again. hope everyone else had a great weekend and made it back home safely.
Poppy94 is offline   Reply With Quote