Old 10-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjs2000z View Post
I have the kicker system factory installed in my 2014 stealth and I love the sound and bass.
I just picked up my 2014 Stealth 2313 and was disappointed that the Kicker head unit (Dual XDVD1262 does not have HDMI or Bluetooth. I know the entry level Jensen has Bluetooth and I think HDMI).

Oh well I am sure the Kicker amp and speakers sound much better.

I may swap out the head unit.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #12

Hows the install going Turbs?

Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #13

I'm in agreement that Sony is junk! I have been way too into car audio as a hobby for my entire life! I built my first custom system in my dad's vehicle at the age of 10! I am a huge JL audio fan and will never buy anything else for my vehicles. Just can't beat the sound quality, power outputs of there amps, and price. Yes they are a bit expensive and I only buy the high end of there products but I have always felt with my car audio do it right the first time and never worry about it again! If you are going to put in subs and need shallow mounts though if you wouldn't want to go with JL the Rockford fosgate punch p3's are starting to match the quality if the JL IMHO.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #14
phat phrog stunt crew

get some dynamat as well to place on the inside of the doors. doesnt take much to quiet them down, probably an 8"x 8" piece.

The Official Dynamat Website

i will tell you it is a bit spendy tho, but it gives excellent results.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #15

Dynamat is way over priced, better to go with http://www.raamaudio.com/and spend the rest on beer
Old 10-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #16

OK, have to put my 2 cents worth in here. I work for Crutchfield (some of you car & home A/V fans may recognize the name) so I've been selling car audio for about 15 years. Kicker makes some good quality speakers, as well as amps & subs. The new CS series speakers sound pretty good & are relatively efficient but handle quite a bit of power so they will do best with an amp. As for Sony, those wouldn't be my first choice. Most have treated cloth surrounds & aren't very efficient. Polk & Infinity are excellent choices - I've had both in my vehicles at one time or another. Currently I have Boston Acoustics speakers. Love them but unfortunately, BA is no longer making car audio gear; they've decided to concentrate on their home audio line.
2003 Dodge Durango SXT w/full towing package
AMarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #17
phat phrog stunt crew

amarrs .... went to crutchfield website to check on upgrading the stereo,av/dvd system that comes with some rvs. i found more of the same on your site. any other systems you can recommend with av/dvd/usb etc?
Old 10-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMarrs View Post
OK, have to put my 2 cents worth in here. I work for Crutchfield (some of you car & home A/V fans may recognize the name) so I've been selling car audio for about 15 years. Kicker makes some good quality speakers, as well as amps & subs. The new CS series speakers sound pretty good & are relatively efficient but handle quite a bit of power so they will do best with an amp. As for Sony, those wouldn't be my first choice. Most have treated cloth surrounds & aren't very efficient. Polk & Infinity are excellent choices - I've had both in my vehicles at one time or another. Currently I have Boston Acoustics speakers. Love them but unfortunately, BA is no longer making car audio gear; they've decided to concentrate on their home audio line.
Pm sent