Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2014, 10:30 AM   #1

Lessons learned again

We left MI Wednesday at the break of Noon well more like 2:30. We are in no real hurry and only need to be in Bowling Green KY by Friday night. So I'm taking my time running around 62 and getting 11 MPG totally enjoying the fall colors. We hit Indy and traffic is ok until we hit the construction at 465 and 65. I miss my turn and take 65 north. Everyone knows at this time of year the bus doesn't go north. So the next exit I get off for a u turn and it's dark and I don't see a curb. The back wheels catch it and for a second we are not really airborne but close enough to knock a special bottle of wine out of its spot and on to the ceramic floor. It shatters on impact and we both instantly know what it was by the smell. We can replace the wine but the clean up will go on for sometime. The grout is now purple and every time we open or close the slide we find a little more. I did get a lot cleaned up using a mix of Comet cleanser and Kaboom. The MH smells like the back room of a bar for now sure hope it gets better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:30 PM   #2

Oh man that is not good, I hope you don't get pulled over. Some bleach & water should get the purple out. Good luck.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #3

Wine stains.

Stop in any wine store, most carry a product that gets red wine stains out of clothes. I am not sure if it works on grout!
Gilm2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:55 AM   #4

Between the comet w/ bleach and the Kaboom and a stiff scrub brush we have it looking good. The smell is about gone.
That's the problem with staying in one spot to long I forget to make sure everything is secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote