Old 09-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
is minnesotas dept of revenue or dmv that hard up for cash?
If you believe what you read in the papers and hear on the TV/Radio, then I would say the answer is yes - MN along with many other states.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #12
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by accumack View Post
They checked enough to to know we are fulltimers with an escapee's address!
Not sure I understand what you are saying here - does an escapee have the same address as yours?

If that is true and it was me in that situation, I would be glad to know that an escapee somehow got my address and the authories know it for future porposes.

JMO.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #13

Escapees is an Rv club. Escapees provides an address and mail forwarding for fulltimers. Escapees RV Club
Old 09-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #14
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by accumack View Post
Escapees is an Rv club. Escapees provides an address and mail forwarding for fulltimers. Escapees RV Club
Thanks for explaining that - now I understand.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #15
Trailer Trash

You guys remember MN went bankrupt in summer of 2010 and state shut down for a month or so. MN and other states now use this technology ALPR - automatic license plate recognition. They have this in cop cars, on bridges, buildings, etc.

Ive also been told that DNR goes through RV parks in winter on snowshoes and records RVs that don't have proper registration plates/tabs. Assume they mail registered owner of vehicle a ticket.

Video on ALPR and yes it's from Minnesota.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyrarnold
Here in CA they are doing that with cars. DMV costs are high here and I guess there is a growing problem with people registering their vehicles in Oregon or Nevada to avoid the higher fees. Now police are ticketing them if they have been living in state for more than 3 months with out of state plates-with hefty fines. Guess they are looking to balance the budget any way they can.
Well, they are definatly NOT registering in Nevada! It is astronomical here- $500 for a trailer I am TOWING WITH ANOTHER REGISTERED VEHICLE! But they do have a 800 number so you can call and report your neighbors ...

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #17
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek View Post
You guys remember MN went bankrupt in summer of 2010 and state shut down for a month or so. MN and other states now use this technology ALPR - automatic license plate recognition. They have this in cop cars, on bridges, buildings, etc.

Ive also been told that DNR goes through RV parks in winter on snowshoes and records RVs that don't have proper registration plates/tabs. Assume they mail registered owner of vehicle a ticket.

Video on ALPR and yes it's from Minnesota.
And I for one hope that each state starts using these devices.The number of uninsured motorists and people driving with no license or suspended/revoked licenses in Texas is outrageous.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #18

My wife and I have had our camper on a perminant campsite for years now and always make sure to have our new tabs on by memorial day weekend as if our camper do sent have current licence on it the our camper is seen as a perminant structure and is taxed as such so instead of buying licence you then would have to pay real estate taxes of so sort of a second residence and yes the state of man is very money hungry
Old 09-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #19
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2detroit View Post
My wife and I have had our camper on a perminant campsite for years now and always make sure to have our new tabs on by memorial day weekend as if our camper do sent have current licence on it the our camper is seen as a perminant structure and is taxed as such so instead of buying licence you then would have to pay real estate taxes of so sort of a second residence and yes the state of man is very money hungry
Not sure i understand what you are saying here.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47

Not sure i understand what you are saying here.
I think they mean if it's licensed and registered it cannot be taxed as a permanent structure.....
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Turbs