Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2014, 11:11 PM   #41
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
OK, here are some pics that Ms Snooty (aka Weezer) sent me of their newest addition.

She has a dealer story that will make you all want to shop there.
OK, review posted. It's more like a novel but I had a lot of praise to share.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:13 PM   #42

Gee....I waited all week and now I can't tell from all the above posts if Weezer got home with her new 5er or, if she even likes it!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:19 PM   #43
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXSMac View Post
the dealer let me spend the night. Locked gate. they had a plug in. I moved stuff over right on the lot and spent the night. On my last trade, I was doing this on crutches as I had broken my foot.
Oh dear heavens DXSM! And there I was out there the other day with two perfectly good feet, complaining about how many trips up and down those steps I was making while unloading.

Dunno how you did it! With two good feet I reached the point I'd stack boxes just inside the door, stand on the ground outside and drag 'em out into one of those black rubbery plastic type garden wagons and pull it out to DH's shop to stage it all in there.

Now I get to do all that in reverse over the next four days. Whew, here's hoping for warm weather tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday. Getting a left side brachial nerve ablation Monday, so with the Versed I'll be sleeping most of that day and will not be able to lift anything heavy Tuesday and Wednesday, so tomorrow's my best shot at getting the most done.

BTW, love that avatar of you and the kitty. Did you know that today is CATURDAY?

Old 01-04-2014, 11:20 PM   #44
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Gee....I waited all week and now I can't tell from all the above posts if Weezer got home with her new 5er or, if she even likes it!
Weezer's cheeks hurt from all the grinning!

Look up the phrase "happy camper" and you'll find a pic of me!

Old 01-04-2014, 11:48 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Oh dear heavens DXSM! And there I was out there the other day with two perfectly good feet, complaining about how many trips up and down those steps I was making while unloading.

Dunno how you did it! With two good feet I reached the point I'd stack boxes just inside the door, stand on the ground outside and drag 'em out into one of those black rubbery plastic type garden wagons and pull it out to DH's shop to stage it all in there.

Now I get to do all that in reverse over the next four days. Whew, here's hoping for warm weather tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday. Getting a left side brachial nerve ablation Monday, so with the Versed I'll be sleeping most of that day and will not be able to lift anything heavy Tuesday and Wednesday, so tomorrow's my best shot at getting the most done.

BTW, love that avatar of you and the kitty. Did you know that today is CATURDAY?
I gleen from your excitement, you'll get most of the heavy stuff done tomorrow. You'll be too excited to stop. Tuesday and Wednesday you'll spend going "maybe this will be better over there or nope, don't like it there, over here is better". Then sit down, look around and say "yup, that's it"!

Anyway, have fun doing it your way.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:55 PM   #46

When we transitioned from the TT to the 5er, we did it at Lazydays, in their lot, entry door to entry door. We took our time, using boxes that we had packed before arriving there. Then we recycled them for the other stuff. They offered to help - we declined because we wanted to do it OUR way. There. That my two cents worth.
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:08 AM   #47
NELA

(chuckle) When we hit the interstate headed West early this morning there were cross winds from hades goin' on and then the V-Lite started bouncing like a kid standing in a fire ant bed.

We couldn't figure out what the heck was going on, and then I finally got it...

She's EMPTY!

Amazing how much difference it made towing her without our "stuff" in there.

Yep, rracer, I just discovered museum putty. LOVE that stuff! I have small things used as accent pieces that I always have to put away/pack up before towing.

NOW I can find just the right place for each sentimental item and putty it down. No more unpacking and repacking with every trip. Yeah, we'll still pack away the adult beverage supplies. This 5er even has the perfect area to set up bar.

(I've tested it on non valuable things here at home for a couple of weeks. I much prefer the white putty over the crystal clear jell type...the white putty holds much better.)

Old 01-05-2014, 03:36 PM   #48
NELA

we're MOVED IN! Just in time...did it during a light misting rain, with temps in the low 50's today. I even shucked off my rain jacket because I was sweating like crazy.

Now the rain has stopped, heavy winds are starting up, and temps are DROPPING like feathered fowl out of the sky on the first day of duck season in our neck of the woods.

She's plugged in to shore power, she's pink stuff winterized, the fireplace is going, there's an additional small ceramic heater going, and we're back inside our S&B abode and hunkered down.

Currently 41 degrees with a wind chill of 32 degrees. sheesh!

(I took lots of pics on the cell phone. Will try to get 'em loaded over to photobucket later on.)

Old 01-05-2014, 04:27 PM   #49

I have moved from one to the other both way and will always go from RV to RV now
Old 01-05-2014, 04:51 PM   #50
jlf

I know you have already moved in, but here is my two cents. We have done it both ways. All at Lazy Days. It also depends how much storage you have. The Silverback we just purchased has less storage in the bedroom then the Fleetwood regal we had. This last time was a nightmare with dealing with lazy days that we didn't sign all the paperwork till 5:55 pm. We literally were sitting around all day while waiting for the new coach to be ours. So then when we " closed", it was rainy not to mention I am on crutches. We were so stressed out that me and my other half never argued like we did that night, which ended at 3am. Lazy days only let's you have one day to move and my hubby had to be back to work. My advice is, pack as much as you can ( the extra stuff) and leave behind. Then when you go pick up the new coach, box the stuff up,just like you are moving from your house. Then when you arrive home, take your time and think about where to put things. And take BREAKS! If we ever do this again, with or without Lazy days, we will do it this way. I feel you can't do everything in one day
jlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:34 PM   #51

I also wanted to throw in my 2cents, although it looks like you've already done the move. We too have a lot of stuff in the camper. I got my first camper before my wife and I were married, when I was 21 years old. I didn't have a house yet, just an apartment so I treated the camper as my real home, one I owned. If there was a cupboard, it had stuff in it. Not a packrat, but I wanted to have anything I would possibly want when camping. The first time I moved out of a camper the dealership told me to bring it down and they would park them side by side and I could move things across. It worked alight, I used laundry baskets as they were strong and have handles. I bought shelf liner and brought scissors so I could cut new pieces so stuff wouldn't slide around as I put it away. There's always going to be different places to store "some" things, but you're still going to put dishes in the kitchen, pans here, food there. The majority of your things you will be able to put away very quickly. The second time I did this, I had my wife. She's a blessing. We did almost the same thing. Moved the units close to each other. Even put a board between the doors so we could run in and out of each unit without the stairs. Used laundry baskets again and again had shelf liner ready. She cut liner and got cupboards ready and told me what to load up and bring her. The salesman did tell me he's never seen someone with so much stuff, but I think that's because the dealership was closed when we took possession and the sales guy had to open the place up for us to move in. He had nothing else to do, no one else to help. He just sat and watched. Kinda annoying actually. Anyway, I wanted to reply because we all have hopes of moving into different units and I hope my experience might help someone in the same position as you. Congratulations on your new RV!
Old 01-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #52
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlf View Post
I know you have already moved in, but here is my two cents. We have done it both ways. All at Lazy Days. It also depends how much storage you have. The Silverback we just purchased has less storage in the bedroom then the Fleetwood regal we had. This last time was a nightmare with dealing with lazy days that we didn't sign all the paperwork till 5:55 pm. We literally were sitting around all day while waiting for the new coach to be ours. So then when we " closed", it was rainy not to mention I am on crutches. We were so stressed out that me and my other half never argued like we did that night, which ended at 3am. Lazy days only let's you have one day to move and my hubby had to be back to work. My advice is, pack as much as you can ( the extra stuff) and leave behind. Then when you go pick up the new coach, box the stuff up,just like you are moving from your house. Then when you arrive home, take your time and think about where to put things. And take BREAKS! If we ever do this again, with or without Lazy days, we will do it this way. I feel you can't do everything in one day
We pretty much did as you describe, except that we left it all here in DH's shop.

I started moving stuff this morning. Yes, I took breaks. (DH was playing golf, and *no* he didn't know I was going to do this while he was gone. I didn't tell him because I didn't want him to pass on golf since he didn't get to play yesterday.)

I'd take one box at a time back in to the 5er, sort through it, and what I wasn't going to continue to stock stayed in that box and went back to the shop when I went to get another box.

It was quite humorous when I got to the bathroom box. The V-Lite had his and her sinks, medicine cabinets and vanities...two of everything! That TT has a huge bathroom, and, of course, the bathroom in the 5er is much smaller. Had lots of "culls" left in that box.

I had concerns about the small amount of pantry space in the kitchen. Holy smokes batman! That one "small" pantry area is wide, tall and DEEP inside. I've got room for a lot more can goods, etc. In the V-Lite I had dry goods; paper towels, paper plates, Ziploc bags, tinfoil, etc. all in the pantry with canned goods. This time that lighter stuff is in an overhead cabinet.

This time I'm much more organized. I've still got a bit to go but all the basics are in place.

When DH got home he got started on the things that go in the basement and outdoor storage areas.

At this point, if we needed to pull out and go camp right now we're fully equipped to so.

When it got *so* cold we decided we'd done enough for a day. The rest can be done here and there, in better weather. Plus I tripped stepping up into DH's shop and spent what seemed like 30 seconds slinging arms and legs in all kinda painful contortions trying not to fall. OUCH!

And there's going to be a LOT that never makes it back in.

We started this journey back in May, and we knew there'd be a learning curve. What we didn't know is that it was gonna be S shaped.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:49 PM   #53
Site Team

cmptrkd - Using a board to go back and forth between RVs for moving day is a great idea! Those steps can get old fast especially with carrying stuff.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #54
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
cmptrkd - Using a board to go back and forth between RVs for moving day is a great idea! Those steps can get old fast especially with carrying stuff.

Yep, those steps *and* the steps up into the bedroom/bathroom.

I got smart with the move out and started stacking boxes just inside the door, then moving outside and just lifting one box at a time into the garden wagon and pulling it out to the shop.

Got stupid and didn't do that moving back in. My back/legs are feelin' the stupid.

'sok, I've got deer steak and gravy simmerin in the kitchen, and Jasmine rice steamin' up.

that's the kinda stuff that is good for whatever ails ya!

Old 01-05-2014, 09:38 PM   #55
Love My Sunseeker

It sucked! Fortunately, the dealer had a "lackey" that helped me with some of it. However, poor kitty. I put kitty in the carrier, put the carrier on the ground and scooted it across with my crutches.

And try taking down or putting up an RV on crutches! With good feet it's 30 minutes to set up, 45 minutes to take down. Took me 1.5 hours! setting up and taking down. Yeppers, that's my kitty in the avatar. He's 15 years old, in early stages of renal failure, trying to manage him as best I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:43 PM   #56

Our pets

I wish you the best with your pet/family member. As they get older, we have to expect things to go awry. I've been down that slippery road before and swore I'd never do it again. Now we have Cooper.
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote