Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2011, 09:01 PM   #1

Need Help

this might be a little bit premature with the question but this is the first time I have posted on this forum.

We bought our 2012 Surveyor 305 a few months ago. we took delivery and didn't really get that much of a chance to use it before a couple weeks ago. During our trip we had a lot of rain and with the rain we had several leaks. One was by the window the other was coming in through the slide out.

We brought it to the local dealer we bought it from and expected they would fix it under warranty? The technician called me back and said that the rubber roof has a tear in it from the front to the middle of the roof. In addition to the fiberglass being damaged and several other scratches and dings. He did say that he looked for leaves or branches but there weren't any.

Needless to say I was speechless and told him so. What should/can we do. We didn't hit anything. Our seasonal campground has no trees the spot we took it out to did but according to him and the damage you would think that we would have noticed it. If we had rubbed up against a tree would it damage that easily? I also wonder if it could have happened during the transport up to be delivered I never climbed up onto the roof?

Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated.He is saying the whole roof needs to be replaced. Not sure what else needs to be done along with the water damage in the camper. Before, when I described the leaks they had simple answers that seemed to be common. Now its seems to be a different story.
Thanks
Marcy
mlaresults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #2

I would first inspect it myself. Make sure it is in fact as they describe it, a tear. It is of course possible it was damaged prior to your receipt of it, but if you didn't inspect it, it would be hard to prove now. If it will not be covered by warranty because it is deemed to be damaged rather than a manufacturing defect, then it should be covered by your insurance, less your deductible.

Sorry you are off to such a rough start. Hopefully you can get everything resolved and be able to enjoy your camper.

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote