Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2018, 10:43 AM   #1

NFL Football when on the road?

Hi,
Wife and I upgraded from a 1997 FoldNRoll to a "real" RV recently. We are on the road and will be staying in campgrounds with full hookups to include internet. We also have a fair amount of data via our cell phone to use as an internet hotspot.

My question for the forum is, how can I watch my favorite teams while on the road? Hated the fact I was stuck watching Dallas get creamed on the local affiliate TV station.

Is there a way I can stream NFL games? The only options I've found were subscribing to direct TV and paying a small fortune. There has got to be a better way? If so, I dont' know it. I would rather pay for a single game then a season subscription.

I wouldn't mind listening to my favorite team on the radio but internet streaming radio NFL games appear to also be blocked.

I'm not a football fanatic and my budget doesn't allow for spending a lot of money.

Any tips and suggestions?

Julian

BTW, if you ever wanted to see a neat or weird camper as some call it, google a FoldNRoll. We would have kept it but we outgrew it and needed something larger.
TranceX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:49 AM   #2

We have DISH Network at home and therefore, we have DISH Anywhere and can watch pretty much anything we could watch at home. It has come in handy and I agree, I hated to watch Dallas, but loved that they got beat! #HTTR
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #3

I've never had dish or direct TV. How do you take it on the road? I may dump Comcast at home for the flexibility to take it on the road.

I am not very astute when it comes to satellite TV so a listing of receiver and whatever else you use would be great!

Thank you for the reply!
TranceX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #4

You asked for tips, They take a knee,I take another chanel! Youroo! !
Old 09-14-2018, 11:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
X 2 !
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:38 AM   #6

Quote:
X3!!!
Old 09-14-2018, 11:49 AM   #7

Another thread hijacked. Sad.
Days camped 2021: 19
Days camped 2020: 18
Days camped 2019: 17
Chief T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:40 PM   #8

Quote:

X3

Second year for NO NFL!
Roberte52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:46 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranceX2 View Post
I've never had dish or direct TV. How do you take it on the road? I may dump Comcast at home for the flexibility to take it on the road.

I am not very astute when it comes to satellite TV so a listing of receiver and whatever else you use would be great!

Thank you for the reply!
You have to have a home Dish or Direct TV account to be able to stream tv to your smart tv.
We have Dish at home so we use our phones and the Dish Anywhere app to stream to our tv.
We can even watch recorded shows on the dvr.
We were recently given a Winegard Carryout dish antenna so we can buy a Dish HD receiver for around $60 and pay $7 a month for when we use it on the road.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
You have to have a home Dish or Direct TV account to be able to stream tv to your smart tv.
We have Dish at home so we use our phones and the Dish Anywhere app to stream to our tv.
We can even watch recorded shows on the dvr.
We were recently given a Winegard Carryout dish antenna so we can buy a Dish HD receiver for around $60 and pay $7 a month for when we use it on the road.
I would like to hear more about this , I have Directv at home and have the app. but don't you need a smart TV to do this? That would mean replacing your installed FR TV, atleast mine is not a smart TV. I hope that this thread is not going to get political about knees and all that stuff. People can do as they see fit but what does that have to do with the OP question? NOTHING. I'll keep an eye on this thread being I'm also interested how and what I have to have. I Have the football package already for my home, so i can watch any game I want. It would be nice to beable to watch it on the road to when I want. I also have a king portable, but that still will not give me all the games, it depends where you are at....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:51 PM   #11

With my Comcast internet pkg. I also have Infinity stream TV and I can do it through my android phone. It also works at home with Roku/ wifi. Wonder if that's your answer with hotspot?
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote