Old 11-03-2014, 12:48 PM   #31
Prayers for Cindy and you and your family!

2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4
2007 Rockwood Signature Ultralite, 31'
Zhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:40 PM   #32
Hope everything goes well, prayers for both of you !

Sunnyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:01 PM   #33
Just read this post and am sorry to hear this. Diane and I are keeping Cindy in our prayers. Stay well Bob and our prayers go out to you as well. Keep us informed.
Joe and Diane Buskirk
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Duramax Diesel 4x4 SWD
2015 360IBL Coachmen 5th Wheel

"Camping is not just a past time it is my relaxing way of life"
buskirk21921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:53 PM   #34
Originally Posted by RKR View Post
The 3 F's will get ya'll through it, Faith , Family and Friends. God bless

Sent from my high tech gadget
The three F's will get Cindy and you through this journey. They got me through my 8 year journey of NHL. Now NED (no evidence of disease)!

Our prayers for Cindy's speedy recovery!

Phillipians 4:13
CJnDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:13 PM   #35
Director, FROG
Thanks to all of you who have called or sent notes and expressions of concern and support for Cindy (and me). Here's a quick update.

Cindy started her second round of chemo today and continues to tolerate the treatments extremely well. We'll go once a week for the next 6 to 8 weeks, and near the end of that have an evaluation on how close we are to having surgery. As we hoped and expected, the tumor continues to shrink noticeably. We hope to be back on the road sometime in March.

In the meantime, since the treatment center was closed last Friday, we managed to get away to Myrtle Beach for a long-anticipated family Thanksgiving get-together. We rented two 8-bedroom condos, and for the first time ever, all 5 kids, 5 spouses, and 16 grandkids were together. Cindy and I stayed nearby in the motorhome. It was both a circus and a joy, and the best therapy Cindy could have asked for.

Again, thanks for your concern and support, and we look forward to being back on the road and seeing you soon.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:18 PM   #36
I can understand just what that weekend was like coming from a family of 8. What a party it must have been and a great support for Cindy. Happy to hear treatment is going well and look forward to seeing you both back in the road soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Phil and Dianna
2011 Berkshire 390 RB
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:09 PM   #37
Bob and Cindy I am sorry to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

The Von Lehmden's
CincyED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:52 PM   #38
Ralph & Adrienne

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L

RalphieAdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:26 AM   #39
Bob, thanks for the update and how things are going, sounds like you all had a great Thanksgiving. Here's praying that things continue to go well and looking forward to seeing you all soon.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:48 AM   #40
Director, FROG
In response to questions that we've been receiving about Cindy's treatment, here's an update.

Yesterday was a RED-LETTER DAY! Cindy had the last chemo treatment in the second and final round, and is doing wonderfully. The tumor has shrunk unbelievably. In fact, when she had a surgical consultation two weeks ago, the surgeon called in his assistant to show her the progress. From now on, all of our camping will be at Camp No-Mo-Chemo!

The surgeon wants about three weeks off of chemo to do the surgery, so we're going to take advantage of that window to head to Tampa for the FROG / Forest River weekend at Lazydays. Between the opportunity to attend our first FROG activity since the FROG Rally last August and the chance for a little bit of sunshine therapy, we are really excited.

We're then heading to our oldest granddaughter's bridal shower in St. Louis (she's attending it for both of us) before we return for the surgery and some follow-up radiation.

Cindy's prognosis for a complete cure continues to be excellent. Thanks to so many of you and others for your prayers, calls, notes, and other expressions of concern. They make a difference.

Thanks, too, for those who have stood in for us at various events that we had expected to attend -- Mike & Yvonne Byrne, Guy & Lil Brunet, Skip & Suzanne Fuller, John & Di Ingianni (John even hung in while Di was ill last week), and others who have helped in various ways. We're grateful and humbled by all of the support from so many people in so many ways. Along the way, we've been continuing to work with members on setting up events around the U.S. and Canada, and appreciate all of their work with us.

We'll be back to normal and back on the road soon. Until then, we wish you safe travels, great adventures, and wonderful health!

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote