Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,475
Original Poster Flag

I would like to suggest something to the administrators of the forum.
It would be nice if the person who started a thread (OP) could be identified through out the thread. I find that I get down the thread or a couple of pages in and have to scroll back to post no. 1 to see who the OP was.
I'm always wondering when I read a post if is the OP since it is nice to hear their current position on the thread
Maybe their username could be italic or a different color.
Maybe there already is a way to tell but I don't know. Just a thought...
__________________

__________________
2016 Siverback 33IK
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Super Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #2
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
I would like to suggest something to the administrators of the forum.
It would be nice if the person who started a thread (OP) could be identified through out the thread. I find that I get down the thread or a couple of pages in and have to scroll back to post no. 1 to see who the OP was.
I'm always wondering when I read a post if is the OP since it is nice to hear their current position on the thread
Maybe their username could be italic or a different color.
Maybe there already is a way to tell but I don't know. Just a thought...
I had the same comment/suggestion myself awhile ago and here's what I was told and as usual,it's correct.

There is a blue box with an arrow pointing right as you view it. The box is to the right of your post as viewed.

If you click on the box,you will be returned to the post that you're replying to and if you're not replying,you will see the OP.

Perhaps a site administrator can further explain it,but it does work.
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #3
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,157
It would be a good idea (if possible - needs research).

It would be a workaround of inconsiderate members hijacking a thread by trying to get THEIR problem worked while the original poster's problem is still being addressed.

It really makes synergistic posts difficult and you never really know how the troubleshooting is going. Moderators and members need to be quicker to throw the Hijack Flag and use the report post button so we can move the offender to his own thread before it gets confusing to follow.

Members can help by reporting the hijack and a PM to the member about why the post would be better in a thread of its own; rather than making things confusing by trying to answer in someone's thread.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:45 PM   #4
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
It would be a good idea (if possible - needs research).

It would be a workaround of inconsiderate members hijacking a thread by trying to get THEIR problem worked while the original poster's problem is still being addressed.

It really makes synergistic posts difficult and you never really know how the troubleshooting is going. Moderators and members need to be quicker to throw the Hijack Flag and use the report post button so we can move the offender to his own thread before it gets confusing to follow.

Members can help by reporting the hijack and a PM to the member about why the post would be better in a thread of its own; rather than making things confusing by trying to answer in someone's thread.
Ooops - maybe I misunderstood the suggestion/question and gave the wrong reply.

If so,please disregard.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #5
Site Team
 
Platokidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: top side land of Lincoln
Posts: 6,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Ooops - maybe I misunderstood the suggestion/question and gave the wrong reply.

If so,please disregard.
Must be that harsh Texas winter
__________________
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 Chevy 2500HD Z71
nights of camping
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:15 PM   #6
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Must be that harsh Texas winter
You could be right although I thought he was having the same problem I was having sometime ago. Guess that's why I'm not a site administrator.

The "harsh Texas winter" you say? You could be right there also.
It's currently 45 with no snow or wind,but it's going down to 28 tonight and tomorrow's temps will be 32 and 24 with a "wintry mix" thrown in.

While I know it's not as bad as the weather some of you are having, I'm tired of it.

I want to install some LED rope lights around our rear patio,but with this cold weather,they are too stiff to work with.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:23 PM   #7
Site Team
 
Platokidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: top side land of Lincoln
Posts: 6,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
You could be right although I thought he was having the same problem I was having sometime ago. Guess that's why I'm not a site administrator.

The "harsh Texas winter" you say? You could be right there also.
It's currently 45 with no snow or wind,but it's going down to 28 tonight and tomorrow's temps will be 32 and 24 with a "wintry mix" thrown in.

While I know it's not as bad as the weather some of you are having, I'm tired of it.

I want to install some LED rope lights around our rear patio,but with this cold weather,they are too stiff to work with.
Im sick n tired of being sick n tired of winter!
Yesterday I broomed off 6" of snow off the campers roof.... 4" more on there this morning.
__________________
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 Chevy 2500HD Z71
nights of camping
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #8
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,157
And JUST LIKE THAT - we are

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #9
Site Team
 
Platokidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: top side land of Lincoln
Posts: 6,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
I would like to suggest something to the administrators of the forum.
It would be nice if the person who started a thread (OP) could be identified through out the thread. I find that I get down the thread or a couple of pages in and have to scroll back to post no. 1 to see who the OP was.
I'm always wondering when I read a post if is the OP since it is nice to hear their current position on the thread
Maybe their username could be italic or a different color.
Maybe there already is a way to tell but I don't know. Just a thought...
X2....
sorry Lou
__________________
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 Chevy 2500HD Z71
nights of camping
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,475
It is not hijacks that I'm talking about. It would be nice to see the user name highlighted in some way who was the OP.
I guess I'm getting old but I tend to forget and sometimes don't look at the op username. Some of these threads get to be several pages long and it can be a pain to go back to post #1.
I think I've noticed that the moderators are differentiated. No big deal, just a suggestion.
OBTW. I'm in Florida and it is 74
__________________

__________________
2016 Siverback 33IK
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Super Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Royals | Go Jays Go »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 PM.