Old 02-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #21
I know I left my false teeth somewhere in this bathroom last night. Honey did I feel a bump?

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:39 AM   #22
Coming home from vacation last year we had exited off the interstate because Google Maps GPS said to. Not realizing there was a detour ahead and GPS did not show it, DH decided to head back to interstate and get out of red lights in town. We got back on and discovered the detour (Google maps had actually done us a favor by telling us to exit and we should have just followed). The overpass ahead was out. All traffic must exit. We exited off and followed detour under a 12'10" bridge with NO POSSIBLE WAY around it on a one way service road and no side streets. Our FW specs say we are 12'6". We had never measured connected to the truck and felt we were level but at this point...who knows? Hearts both racing as we look at each other. There is only one choice...we stop all traffic exiting off interstate or we proceed. We both held our breath as we went under. Whew...we made it! Thank GOD there was no bump in the road! Never felt as much panic as I felt at that very moment. I know we were close...very close but I would have to believe that these people had to know there was no way they would fit. Did they forget they were in an RV? Oh my!

ddschuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:41 AM   #23
It's ok, just let some air out of the tires to lower it a bit and it should come right out
2011 Ford F-450 4x4 Lariat
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ
Helmsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:24 AM   #24
"missed it by that much"
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #25
All in all if somebody sees this thread and it raises their awareness about heights and safe RV'ng it's all good. I have avoided mistakes in life by the unfortunate situations that others have gotten themselves into.
Showing pics of others mistakes is a great tool we use at work. Seeing what can happen has a much bigger impact on people than just hearing about it.

Happy camping

RKR is offline   Reply With Quote