Old 12-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #11
Oklahoma Proud

Good job man!
I guess the snow was too deep for tractors? But I guess snow mobiles are probably faster, never seen one in person- we rarely have enough white stuff.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Good job man!
I guess the snow was too deep for tractors? But I guess snow mobiles are probably faster, never seen one in person- we rarely have enough white stuff.
Drifts in the open country were anywhere from 3' to 10' high and maybe 25 to a 100 yards in width depending on the landscape.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #13
Oklahoma Proud

Wow! I have never seen anything like that. Probably pretty cool once or twice, but not all the time.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Wow! I have never seen anything like that. Probably pretty cool once or twice, but not all the time.
You get used to it.
Vehicle wise we get snowed in for 2 to 3 days once or twice a year "except last year"
We just snowmobile out.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #15
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Thanks to both you and your son for being what this world needs more of "Caring Human Beings" instead of the "ME" world that we see and hear about all too often.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #16

Bravo Zulu to you and your son, Ron.
Sounds like quite the ordeal.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #17
Trailer Trash

Way to put that Arctic Cat to good use. I used do loops at the hospital close to me during blizzards with my ZRT. This let the ambulance guys get in and out of the emergency loop parking area at hospital. Snow plows are slow to get around during blizzards.

When the snow hits hard, heated helmet visor is a must. HJC with the solid bands of was my favorite. Twin Cities, MN are keeps missing snow as it goes south to southern MN and Iowa. Again, nice work Turbs.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek View Post
Way to put that Arctic Cat to good use. I used do loops at the hospital close to me during blizzards with my ZRT. This let the ambulance guys get in and out of the emergency loop parking area at hospital. Snow plows are slow to get around during blizzards.

When the snow hits hard, heated helmet visor is a must. HJC with the solid bands of was my favorite. Twin Cities, MN are keeps missing snow as it goes south to southern MN and Iowa. Again, nice work Turbs.
Thanks for the kind response!
It's no secret I enjoy my turbo cat!

I LOVE the sound of a good running zrt with cans .........

We use bombardier helmets "modular 2's"
No electric shield needed as the have a breath evader mask that goes over your mouth and nose such as you'd see a fighter pilot wear.

Obviously were in Iowa so we got your snow!
Last year we really never got any so this was a pleasant surprise!

Turbs
Old 12-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #19
Trailer Trash

I looked up the reciept I gave the guy when I sold my 1996 ZRT. Dang, that was back in 2003 already. Those modular helmets didn't exist yet! Most of the triples got bought up now and are used for straight line drag racing ice/asphalt. Nothing better than a triple with cans pulling into the gas station and bars. You aint the only one that loves that sweet crackle sound.

Read this book
http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Trail.../dp/1885904991
If you're a sled head, you will love it!

Arctic Cat got started via a few guys leaving Polaris after a wildly succesfull trip in Alaska to start up new dealerships. They were up in Alaska way longer than planned. The execs back at Polaris thought the boys in Alaska were just out having fun instead of working. When they got home, the boys got the 3rd degree. So they left Polaris and started up Arctic Cat. True story......it's in the book.

At the end of book is a section for those new triangle belt tracks on farm equipment, Bobcats, ATV, etc. The guys that invented snowmobiling adapted the belt track from a sled into those new triangle shaped tracks. Once they figured out a way to splice and repair them, the new business took off.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Good deeds never go unrewarded! We got 8-10 inches here in OH, with 20-30mph winds, but the snow was heavy enough that it thankfully didn't drift too bad. Here's a video of how my youngest and the neighbor kids were getting around in the snow.
Attached Files