Old 11-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #1

Overkill Delivery

The pill container was the size of your Little finger! It was sent in a Box(9x9x9) with (10) 8-1/2 x 11 fine print documents,enough brown packing paper too use as a King size bed cover,and the pills were in the Little white box in front of the brown cardboard box in Pic. We have a large mailbox but the package was too large too fit in it. I called the RX plan people,I had a (Good) conversation with them! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4161.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	42313  

Old 11-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #2

Two paragraphs from trained medical staff - this medicine will probably make you better or really really sick.

The rest added by corporate attorneys saying if it does kill you, it wasn't the fault of the drug producer, even if it was.

Then a page of other suggested medications that could either make you better or really really sick.

2013 - 15
Arefbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
cogito ergo moo

Dont know how they shipped it, but the USPS has a minimum parcel size requirement.

Tim
Rallies Attended:
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #4

That's jut crazy. Save a tree or three dammit.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #5

I would think a padded envelope 6X9 inch would have worked just fine.

No wonder S/H is out of sight.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I would think a padded envelope 6X9 inch would have worked just fine.

No wonder S/H is out of sight.

Bingo! Youroo!!
Old 11-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
B47

I know what you're talking about. I started a thread here about a year ago regarding the vast amount of packaging we use up here.

The thread started after I was in a home improvement store and noticed a display of Round Up Weed and Grass Killer products.

I was amazed at the amount of plastic that was used in this product just to be used once and discarded. And of course,Round Up is not the only product that uses a lot of plastic in its packaging.

I'm not a tree hugger, but we do practice recycling as it's provided by our city and hope we are doing our little share of helping keep some of recyclable materials out of landfills.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Dont know how they shipped it, but the USPS has a minimum parcel size requirement.

Tim
This item could have shipped in a bubble envelope. I've seen "parcels" as small as 3" X 3", such as a silver coin, in bubble envelopes.

Someone was looking to gouge via shipping charges. When you get your meds by mail, the insurer contracts with a "pill house".

I could share quite a few nightmares about Mom's meds by mail during her final days. More than a couple of people got a not-so-lady-like earful from me.

My insurance company gives me a choice; refill locally or meds by mail. NEVER would I opt for meds from one of those "pill house" shippers.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Since it was medication, it had to be shipped in something so overly inflated as the cost of the medication itself.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #10
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
This item could have shipped in a bubble envelope. I've seen "parcels" as small as 3" X 3", such as a silver coin, in bubble envelopes.

Someone was looking to gouge via shipping charges. When you get your meds by mail, the insurer contracts with a "pill house".

I could share quite a few nightmares about Mom's meds by mail during her final days. More than a couple of people got a not-so-lady-like earful from me.

My insurance company gives me a choice; refill locally or meds by mail. NEVER would I opt for meds from one of those "pill house" shippers.
I get my by mail meds from Caremark and I must say they seem to be using sense in their packaging - a 90 day supply of pills comes in a large tougher than heck to open plastic envelope along with a 1 page invoice and a reorder slip along with a postage paid envelope and the plastic bottle.

I also get my insulin and another perishable med every three months in a cardboard box which is packed with 2 freeze bags that are marked with wording that they can be refrozen and reused. The box goes into the recycle bin.