Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 07:25 PM   #261
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Boy, do I have a deal for you.....If you can approach B-Boy ( a want-a-be fire house dog....a lot smaller though) and put a muzzle on him, I'll give you the keys to the kingdom.......or, a band-aid!
Didn't say I would muzzle them, their owners were cognizant that their dog had a barking problem and took steps to stop it. There are only a very few we've encountered that did nothing and were evidently deaf to the barking.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:31 PM   #262
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Back to pet peeves:

I agree with those who don't like strangers cutting across sites. I've had teenagers ride their bikes between my trailer and my picnic table.

I agree with those who don't like to hear the near constant barking of other peoples' dogs.

But my number one peeve is 60m candlepower of lights shining from the next (or next next) site. One guy had a 5 gallon bucket light suspended on a line 25' feet above his MH plus another one under the MH (neither of which shined in his windows but in all other units in the park) PLUS he had approx. 386 feet of multicolor rope lights strung between all the trees and lying all over his site. I just KNEW an airline pilot attempting to land at DFW International Airport would set his airliner down on our sites thinking he was seeing the lights at the airport.
Ran across someone with two bucket lights hanging from trees a good 20 ft above the camper....lit up at least 4 sites. I was very happy to be on the other side of the campground. Just don't see the point of lighting up the whole "block"!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
Old 06-03-2015, 07:49 PM   #263
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Didn't say I would muzzle them, their owners were cognizant that their dog had a barking problem and took steps to stop it. There are only a very few we've encountered that did nothing and were evidently deaf to the barking.
Mine ( 2) doesn't bark if I'm there, he'll just sneak up behind you and , as Blue Healers are called that, ( mine aren't Healers) , give the a Blue Healer. I, as an owner, try to be very alert to this situation, and tell others to be wary. Hear at home....he's doing his job....tracks are close. If he knows you, your fine.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:57 PM   #264
Moderator Emeritus

Alright guys. The site team gave more than one reminder to back off that was not headed. This thread has now been closed.
Closed Thread