Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 10:33 PM   #101
Always Learning

For those who don't like calling them "hot water heaters", riddle me this:

1) at what water temperature does "hot" start at?

2) assuming no water is used; what water temperature do water heaters kick-in to re-heat the water?
Old 05-29-2015, 10:33 PM   #102
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_crib_too View Post
We once stayed at a campground where driving around on the golf cart seemed to be the main activity for most people. Kids, adults, everyone seemed to just be riding around all day. If you went for a walk, they acted like you were in their way. The golf cart parade started first thing in the morning and went on long into the evening.

We have stayed at places where people clearly had a physical need and used the golf cart to get around. I get that and think it's awesome. Just don't understand the all day joy riding and racing, especially with the kids. Adults with alcohol all evening are no better.
Sounds like Cajun Palms near Lafayette Louisiana. They ride all day with music blaring, Booze in hand.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:38 PM   #103

Heck I won a golf cart race last night. Just a little fun as long as no one especially kids are around.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:36 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Leaf blower? Where do you camp? LOL We use a little battery op one my neighbor has to blow the grass off the patio after they cut it. I wouldn't like that to much either.
To be more specific, the lady in the campsite across the street. Starve Hollow in S. Indiana. She blew off her picnic table, parking pad, awning, etc. For about 10 minutes. It was electric but still very noisy. A first for us in 40 years.
2012:1042/13 2013:2772/27
2014:2259/30 2015:1644/20
2016:1278/23 2017:2183/22
Old 05-30-2015, 08:50 AM   #105

Campers that have no tolerance of others......& complain about everything

I posted my peeves earlier but just enjoy being away camping...... riding the golf cart........... Meet a lot of nice people cruising...... At a 300 acre camp ground its fun....... Had to even rescue a guy from his awning..... (manual type) he was putting it up & got his arm caught in one of the arms he was in serious pain ......

Life is too short.... at work meet too many people that went to work full well intending to go home that evening & don't. Many never...............

Cant type cant spell, no gramer & don't no what all these thins mean .............#$ % & * (() # @ $ dont kare......

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Old 05-30-2015, 10:16 AM   #106
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Campers that have no tolerance of others......& complain about everything

I posted my peeves earlier but just enjoy being away camping...... riding the golf cart........... Meet a lot of nice people cruising...... At a 300 acre camp ground its fun....... Had to even rescue a guy from his awning..... (manual type) he was putting it up & got his arm caught in one of the arms he was in serious pain ......

Life is too short.... at work meet too many people that went to work full well intending to go home that evening & don't. Many never...............

Cant type cant spell, no gramer & don't no what all these thins mean .............#$ % & * (() # @ $ dont kare......

X2
Old 05-30-2015, 10:23 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
X2 on walking thru my campsite.
Also not fond of CG giving you a different spot than the one you reserved six months prior with no explanation as to why.
We reserved a Pull-thru with our 42' 5er, and told them we would be arriving at 11pm. They changed us to a very dark back in spot with no warning. Wasn't an awesome start.

2015 36DBK5
2015 Chevy 3500 dually
Old 05-30-2015, 10:53 AM   #108

When people go on a forum asking for help with a problem there having, and don't post a follow up to let people know how they made out.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:59 AM   #109
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by abomb View Post
When people go on a forum asking for help with a problem there having, and don't post a follow up to let people know how they made out.
X2 again!
Old 05-30-2015, 10:59 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybp57 View Post
To be more specific, the lady in the campsite across the street. Starve Hollow in S. Indiana. She blew off her picnic table, parking pad, awning, etc. For about 10 minutes. It was electric but still very noisy. A first for us in 40 years.

That would be annoying for me also. We full time and have never seen anyone with a leaf blower. My friend Buckeye Chuck had a small battery powered blower that we use to blow off our patios but it's not loud at all and its used once a week. I always used a broom.
It's really about common courtesy and timing. Sometimes people don't think and do dumb things.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:06 PM   #111

1. It is illegal to drive impaired on a highway, why is it okay to drive impaired in a CG?
2. Dump stations where the person in front makes an OOPs, but does not clean up the OOPs
3. Ditto on the potable water sites.
4. In our Provincial Parks and the "Comfort stations", just hit the damn hole please, for the teens they have hired in the summers cleaning them at minimum wage....god bless.
5. People that require clothes lines and instead of learning to tie a knot end up driving a nail in a tree, then leaving the nail and a hunk of rope behind
6. Clean up, I hope your kids etc don't throw garbage around your house so why is it OK in a CG
7. For the person who needs to tune up his "Cummings" engine in the middle of the day in their site blowing black smoke every where with the noise is directly proportional to the book I am trying to read

Kevin.....good thing I am perfect and don't PO anyone when we are out!
Old 05-30-2015, 12:37 PM   #112

I can't say I have any major pet peeves in moderation. We camped last weekend in southern Indiana and anticipating rain, people started packing up Sunday night. At least 6 people within hearing distance used an impact to raise their stabilizers. I used a cordless drill on my old one before I got power jacks so I get it. The first 2 or 3 didn't bother me me but after that it got real annoying. Same with people cutting through my site. I typically camp closer to the play ground because I have a little one and we somehow always end up on the corner everyone cuts across. First few are ok, then.... I don't really mind any noise unless it keeps me awake and I have not had a lot of issues with trash or poop. Campers or CG seem to keep this pretty good the places I go?

My only other issue is all the unsupervised kids. I realize it's a campground and I would hope everyone felt safe but the 5/6 year old that did laps around the campground on his bike and scooter for 3 days straight without a site of a parent bothers me a little.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:54 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by abomb View Post
Sometimes I will go back to an older thread I started or participated in to post an update and I'll type a long post and click SUBMIT and get a message that the thread is (outdated or timed out or something like that) and wouldn't allow me to post.

So I said the heck with it.

THAT peaves me off!
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Old 05-30-2015, 03:18 PM   #114

Both are related to driving.

"tail gaters" (and I don't mean @ sports events)

AND "cutters"

Way too many people driving (that are seemingly SOBER) and have no common sense or courtesies.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:34 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubear View Post
Both are related to driving.

"tail gaters" (and I don't mean @ sports events)

AND "cutters"

Way too many people driving (that are seemingly SOBER) and have no common sense or courtesies.

Those would too my list also. I hate cutters when traffic goes to one lane. I have a few tricks for those folks. Also I may be guilty of driving a GC after a few adult beverages but not driving after drinking.

Old 05-30-2015, 03:37 PM   #116

People complaining about a peeve posted on a pet peeve site
Old 05-30-2015, 03:42 PM   #117

Biggest pet peeve......."Stupid People"
Old 05-30-2015, 03:44 PM   #118
Somewhat right of center

Hmm, I don't like pet peeves not related to camping pet peeves posted on a pet peeves thread related to camping pet peeves.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:29 PM   #119

Were those two posts aimed at me ? Just wondering?
Old 05-30-2015, 05:39 PM   #120
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
Sometimes I will go back to an older thread I started or participated in to post an update and I'll type a long post and click SUBMIT and get a message that the thread is (outdated or timed out or something like that) and wouldn't allow me to post.

So I said the heck with it.

THAT peaves me off!
Aaaah, but we can make you a happy camper again, as this one has an easy solution as per the FAQ:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...html#post71769

Several members have suggested that folks may not realize they are posting to old threads and so after some thought we have added a warning of sorts to let members know that they are about to respond to an old thread. Here's the way it works:

You will see an old thread warning at the bottom of the reply editor if the thread has not been posted to in 145 days. You can still post, but will need to check a box affirming that you know it's an old thread before your post will load. Some folks might rather start a new thread instead and this will serve to remind them that this might be a better option.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread