Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #13491
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 11,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Maybe you could ask him to join you?
He could at least throw you the keys to the (Caddy)! Youroo!!
__________________

__________________
youroo is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #13492
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
He could at least throw you the keys to the (Caddy)! Youroo!!
That's what I'm sayin'! Save me the cost of a rental car.
__________________

__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #13493
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post

That's what I'm sayin'! Save me the cost of a rental car.
Maybe he can just chauffeur ?
__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #13494
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,211
We finally made it home @ 6:02 pm EDT. 3487 miles, 327.4 gal = 10.65 mpg. Not too bad for a 5.3L Silverado 1500. No problems with the truck or the trailer. Very successful trip. Got to meet some fantastic people with the exception of one Iowegian, but he does have a sweet, beautiful wife. Now to look into plane reservations to go back Little Rock/Carlisle to get TOWTA's new old car and repeat the last 775 miles again at a little quicker pace.
__________________
OldCoot is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #13495
Senior Member
 
LKicklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHATSWORTH, GA.
Posts: 1,121
Flynn's Polish

Just think, if you would have put a good coat of Flynn's Polish on the 1500, you could have probably hit at least 12 m.p.g.?
kickster



Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
We finally made it home @ 6:02 pm EDT. 3487 miles, 327.4 gal = 10.65 mpg. Not too bad for a 5.3L Silverado 1500. Now to look into plane reservations to go back Little Rock/Carlisle to get TOWTA's new old car and repeat the last 775 miles again at a little quicker pace.
__________________
2500HD 6.0 Gas/Ext. Cab
2011 Crusader 270RET
2003 Sunnybrook T/T 30FIS
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #13496
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
We finally made it home @ 6:02 pm EDT. 3487 miles, 327.4 gal = 10.65 mpg. Not too bad for a 5.3L Silverado 1500. Now to look into plane reservations to go back Little Rock/Carlisle to get TOWTA's new old car and repeat the last 775 miles again at a little quicker pace.
Don't get scared when you're driving your new old Caddie and look in the rear view mirrors and don't see your FW back there.
__________________
B47 is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #13497
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
Just think, if you would have put a good coat of Flynn's Polish on the 1500, you could have probably hit at least 12 m.p.g.?
kickster
I gave it a coat of Turtle Wax before we left which is how I got 10+. Considering all the mountains we were in, I think it did a respectful job.
__________________
OldCoot is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #13498
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Don't get scared when you're driving your new old Caddie and look in the rear view mirrors and don't see your FW back there.
At least I'll be able to set the cruise control on 70-75 and also not have to worry about turning around in restaurant parking lots.
__________________
OldCoot is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #13499
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
At least I'll be able to set the cruise control on 70-75 and also not have to worry about turning around in restaurant parking lots.
That and not having to check for pull thrus and full hook ups when you stop for the night.
__________________
B47 is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #13500
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
That and not having to check for pull thrus and full hook ups when you stop for the night.
And overhead canopies when fueling up.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 PM.