Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #1491
Moderator Emeritus
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In the Country
Posts: 6,346
GPS???? BwaaaaaHaaaaa!!
__________________

__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW - named Alice
RV: 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12 - named Thor
RVChick is online now  
Old 03-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #1492
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
GPS???? BwaaaaaHaaaaa!!
In the sauce already?

Good luck be careful and have fun!


Turbs
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #1493
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
DnD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
My turn to take off for the week. Heading to Florida to help a friend move! Phat Phrogs have a GPS week, and I will chat next weekend!!
Have a great trip!
__________________
Dan n Dione

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #1494
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
So B,
Ive been thinking about this for some time if WE "borrowed" a golf cart from a military installation that was deemed a "military" golf cart used by "the" military and we made it say "fly" for an undetermined amount of time would "WE" in fact then need tail numbers ?
I think I have all the criteria....
1)motorized flying object owned by the military that "takes off" then "flys" then "lands" albeit maybe a bad landing ...........

THOUGHTS ?

IN this scenario what criteria do I need "To" get my "aircart" tail numbers ?

I hope you can shed some light on this in a timely matter.


AS I also am applying for my pilots license soon.
__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #1495
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
So B,
Ive been thinking about this for some time if WE "borrowed" a golf cart from a military installation that was deemed a "military" golf cart used by "the" military and we made it say "fly" for an undetermined amount of time would "WE" in fact then need tail numbers ?
I think I have all the criteria....
1)motorized flying object owned by the military that "takes off" then "flys" then "lands" albeit maybe a bad landing ...........

THOUGHTS ?

IN this scenario what criteria do I need "To" get my "aircart" tail numbers ?

I hope you can shed some light on this in a timely matter.



AS I also am applying for my pilots license soon.
You been giving this a lot of though - having you.

I can only answer from a FAA point of view and I must add that I can only give my opinion here and it is not to be considered an official FAA response:

As stated before, the FAA does not issue "Tail Numbers". They issue Nationality and Regrisation marks to U.S. registered aircraft. Tail numbers are often used to identify military aircraft and are usually the serial number of the aircraft the number is assigned to.

If the golf cart you describe here ( and I can not really believe I am even answering this) ie really a military flying golf cart and not an U.S. civil flying golf cart, then the FAA rules as far as Regrisation is concerned is not applicable.

However, if this golf cart really does fly, then you have to abide with the FAA rules regarding flight ( ref 14 CFR 91).
__________________
B47 is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #1496
daydreaming about camping
 
jeeplj8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KC area
Posts: 1,400
what if we try this:

__________________

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #1497
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post

You been giving this a lot of though - having you.

I can only answer from a FAA point of view and I must add that I can only give my opinion here and it is not to be considered an official FAA response:

As stated before, the FAA does not issue "Tail Numbers". They issue Nationality and Regrisation marks to U.S. registered aircraft. Tail numbers are often used to identify military aircraft and are usually the serial number of the aircraft the number is assigned to.

If the golf cart you describe here ( and I can not really believe I am even answering this) ie really a military flying golf cart and not an U.S. civil flying golf cart, then the FAA rules as far as Regrisation is concerned is not applicable.

However, if this golf cart really does fly, then you have to abide with the FAA rules regarding flight ( ref 14 CFR 91).
Well I guess the first step is to get this bugger "high" enough in the air so as Dan and Tim can read the vin ....
__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #1498
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
I can only hope and pray that Turbo doesn't see this.
__________________
B47 is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #1499
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post

I can only hope and pray that Turbo doesn't see this.
I did see it and the gears are grinding.

I think I'll need more thrust tho so I'm looking into this.....
__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #1500
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I did see it and the gears are grinding.

I think I'll need more thrust tho so I'm looking into this.....
Let's see where the FAA office is located in your area - oh there it is in Des Moines, phone number 515-289-3840.
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.