Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2014, 12:50 PM   #17361
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
mackman1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carroll Iowa
Posts: 786
I wish I was kidding. I think at times if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
__________________

__________________
F-350 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
2014 Heritage Glen 356QBQ

mackman1994 is offline  
Old 03-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #17362
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
mackman1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carroll Iowa
Posts: 786
Turbs are you ever going to turn on the heat here in Iowa? We all know you have the controls!!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
__________________

__________________
F-350 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
2014 Heritage Glen 356QBQ

mackman1994 is offline  
Old 03-22-2014, 12:59 PM   #17363
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackman1994 View Post
Took the new fiver to get washed last night. Turned out to be quite a trip picked up a nail in a tire on the fiver. Nail was too close to the sidewall so getting new tire put on as I speak. Turned out to be quite an expensive trip.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Lucky you....THAT happened on my TV when we went out earlier this year!

Slightly more expensive to replace a 20" tire than a RV

Good news is the Goodyear guy sold me a warranty for all 4 tires for $30 ...not bad; if I ever get a flat it's $30 to repair and the warranty covers that...if I ever need a tire replaced, it is worse case with low tread $75, best case free for tires under 15K (for a $350 tire)
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline  
Old 03-22-2014, 01:02 PM   #17364
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
That sucks Mackman! My wife ran over a tiny little wood screw, (like a small hinge screw), and was just enough to put the smallest of hole in the tire and made it leak. Jump ahead 2 weeks and she bought a new Yukon Denali XL. So, what ya gonna get?
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline  
Old 03-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #17365
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
mackman1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carroll Iowa
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
That sucks Mackman! My wife ran over a tiny little wood screw, (like a small hinge screw), and was just enough to put the smallest of hole in the tire and made it leak. Jump ahead 2 weeks and she bought a new Yukon Denali XL. So, what ya gonna get?
Can't justify a new fw as we just picked this one up in December. We haven't even been able to use it yet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
__________________
F-350 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
2014 Heritage Glen 356QBQ

mackman1994 is offline  
Old 03-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #17366
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
mackman1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carroll Iowa
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Lucky you....THAT happened on my TV when we went out earlier this year!

Slightly more expensive to replace a 20" tire than a RV

Good news is the Goodyear guy sold me a warranty for all 4 tires for $30 ...not bad; if I ever get a flat it's $30 to repair and the warranty covers that...if I ever need a tire replaced, it is worse case with low tread $75, best case free for tires under 15K (for a $350 tire)
I have a warranty on the new fw that is supposed to take care of the tires. I guess I will see if it is any good. The paperwork I have says that the tire and wheel coverage transfers to the TV. I will see how that works if the problem should ever arise.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
__________________
F-350 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
2014 Heritage Glen 356QBQ

mackman1994 is offline  
Old 03-22-2014, 01:43 PM   #17367
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackman1994 View Post
Can't justify a new fw as we just picked this one up in December. We haven't even been able to use it yet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
I hope you have GY Marathons, Maxxis or equivalent on the 5er. Factory tires are just a catastrophe waiting to happen.
__________________
OldCoot is offline  
Old 03-22-2014, 01:46 PM   #17368
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
mackman1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carroll Iowa
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I hope you have GY Marathons, Maxxis or equivalent on the 5er. Factory tires are just a catastrophe waiting to happen.
My local Firestone suggests Carlisle. I do know that the factory grenades won't be on there long.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
__________________
F-350 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
2014 Heritage Glen 356QBQ

mackman1994 is offline  
Old 03-22-2014, 02:08 PM   #17369
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackman1994 View Post
My local Firestone suggests Carlisle. I do know that the factory grenades won't be on there long.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Don't care for Carlisle's myself, I like GY Marathons, which I've run for over 35 yrs and never had a problem.
__________________
OldCoot is offline  
Old 03-22-2014, 02:12 PM   #17370
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
mackman1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carroll Iowa
Posts: 786
I have not heard good things about Carlisle tires either. I know everyone suggests not to but I am very tempted to put 10 ply Firestone light truck tires on it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
__________________

__________________
F-350 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
2014 Heritage Glen 356QBQ

mackman1994 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.