Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 10:22 PM   #17831
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Ford Announces Massive Recall Over Loss Of Steering Risk "370,000" vehicles

Ford Motor Co. must replace defective ignition devices on an estimated 2 million California vehicles prone to stalling, a judge ruled Friday.

ford/ firestone debacle.

If you drive a 2013 Ford Escape.
The automaker is having more troubles with the vehicle.
That’s why Ford has issued two more recalls on the SUV, bringing the total number of recalls to seven.

Ford Motor Co. is recalling as many as 3.6 million cars, truck, and vans because a switch that deactivates the speed control can overheat and catch fire according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

nuff said
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 03-31-2014, 10:30 PM   #17832
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
mackman1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carroll Iowa
Posts: 786
I will disagree with that OC. The last good GM that I owned was a 1988 3/4 ton Suburban. I would never own A GM any newer than 2005. As far as I am concerned that is when GM quit making trucks. My 87 year old grandpa has never owned anything But GM and he is looking to get rid of his 1998 GMC and he is looking at going with a Ford because he is not happy with the quality of GM trucks right now. That right there is 87 years of wisdom there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
__________________

__________________
F-350 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
2014 Heritage Glen 356QBQ

mackman1994 is offline  
Old 03-31-2014, 10:35 PM   #17833
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
mackman1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carroll Iowa
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Ford Announces Massive Recall Over Loss Of Steering Risk "370,000" vehicles

Ford Motor Co. must replace defective ignition devices on an estimated 2 million California vehicles prone to stalling, a judge ruled Friday.

ford/ firestone debacle.

If you drive a 2013 Ford Escape.
The automaker is having more troubles with the vehicle.
Thatís why Ford has issued two more recalls on the SUV, bringing the total number of recalls to seven.

Ford Motor Co. is recalling as many as 3.6 million cars, truck, and vans because a switch that deactivates the speed control can overheat and catch fire according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

nuff said
Just a shame that a guy can't buy a decent American made ride anymore. You just don't know what kind of crap you are going to get.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
__________________
F-350 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
2014 Heritage Glen 356QBQ

mackman1994 is offline  
Old 03-31-2014, 10:38 PM   #17834
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackman1994 View Post
I will disagree with that OC. The last good GM that I owned was a 1988 3/4 ton Suburban. I would never own A GM any newer than 2005. As far as I am concerned that is when GM quit making trucks. My 87 year old grandpa has never owned anything But GM and he is looking to get rid of his 1998 GMC and he is looking at going with a Ford because he is not happy with the quality of GM trucks right now. That right there is 87 years of wisdom there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
To each his own, I think Ford quit building engines when they stopped building the flathead and went to the Y block in 54.
__________________
OldCoot is offline  
Old 03-31-2014, 10:40 PM   #17835
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
mackman1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carroll Iowa
Posts: 786
GM total recalls up to 4 . 8 million in the last month. 662000 of those Silverados. That's a little crazy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
__________________
F-350 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
2014 Heritage Glen 356QBQ

mackman1994 is offline  
Old 03-31-2014, 10:44 PM   #17836
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
mackman1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carroll Iowa
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
To each his own, I think Ford quit building engines when they stopped building the flathead and went to the Y block in 54.
Still my favorite GM trucks were the 94 to 98 with the 5.7. Now these were great trucks. They can't be kilt.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
__________________
F-350 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
2014 Heritage Glen 356QBQ

mackman1994 is offline  
Old 03-31-2014, 10:49 PM   #17837
PPST OGCDG
 
Frank-VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Between I-95 & The Great Dismal Swamp
Posts: 2,163
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
To each his own, I think Ford quit building engines when they stopped building the flathead and went to the Y block in 54.
Amen to the Flathead
__________________
Frank- VA {:-{)
2004 4x4 Ford 6.0 PS, SCC, SB
2005 Wildcat 29 RLBS
Frank-VA is offline  
Old 03-31-2014, 10:50 PM   #17838
RKR
Senior Member
 
RKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 592
Jeez, I'm going back to 2 HP and 20 miles to the bale.

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1396320607.223708.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  17.9 KB
__________________
RKR is offline  
Old 03-31-2014, 11:22 PM   #17839
Moderator Emeritus
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In the Country
Posts: 6,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Looking good Chicky, Don't let them NAIL the boards, make them screw them down!

Huh?
__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW - named Alice
RV: 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12 - named Thor
RVChick is offline  
Old 03-31-2014, 11:35 PM   #17840
RKR
Senior Member
 
RKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Huh?

Using wood screws is much better than nailing the boards down.
__________________

__________________
RKR is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 AM.