Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #9881
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
It looks like you have some grass anyway. have you tried over seeding after using that roller/aerator ? Just a thought.
We have had dirt brought in, seeded, re-seeded, re-re-seeded, re-re-re-seeded and fertilized and everything you can think of. Two yrs ago had 4 tandem axle loads of "top soil" that had be screened and spread it out. All total, we've spent over 10g on this yard in the last 6 yrs and it's nothing but a mown pasture with weeds. As long as it turns green (multiple shades) I am to the point that's all I care about. I am through spending $ on it. If it grows, fine, if it all dies out that's fine too. I won't have to mow it. I can spot kill what grows. Also had 13 trees removed and the stumps ground. Nothing works. We even rototilled one area and sodded it, watered and it looked good for one year. Even with fertilizer, and weeding it, it's going to hell also.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #9882
Phat Phrog Physician

Afternoon Phond Dwellers!
Been gone a phew days, been busy trying to line up a new truck so I can saphely tow this new camper I bought. Looking at 1-ton dually territory, this SRW 3/4 ton just ain't cutting it. I don't even wanna tell you how bad the trade-in numbers are, just bought the darn thing a year ago! Anywho, back to Autotrader...
Doc

Old 06-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #9883
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

OC , try planting cotton wood trees back they seem to grow like grass around here ! Lol. !

Iph it grows rocks, that would b some lumpy astr-turph !
Old 06-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #9884
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreDoc View Post
Been gone a phew days, been busy trying to line up a new truck so I can saphely tow this new camper I bought. Looking at 1-ton dually territory, this SRW 3/4 ton just ain't cutting it. I don't even wanna tell you how bad the trade-in numbers are, just bought the darn thing a year ago! Anywho, back to Autotrader...
Doc
Doc, looked to trade up my GMC and the dealer offered 8gs less than book trade in price. They said all the rebates has driven down used prices. He said wait till fall, demand on used could be higher then.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #9885
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Rut Roh Phroggies, I just blew a keg. It's gettin' serious around here!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #9886
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
We have had dirt brought in, seeded, re-seeded, re-re-seeded, re-re-re-seeded and fertilized and everything you can think of. Two yrs ago had 4 tandem axle loads of "top soil" that had be screened and spread it out. All total, we've spent over 10g on this yard in the last 6 yrs and it's nothing but a mown pasture with weeds. As long as it turns green (multiple shades) I am to the point that's all I care about. I am through spending $ on it. If it grows, fine, if it all dies out that's fine too. I won't have to mow it. I can spot kill what grows. Also had 13 trees removed and the stumps ground. Nothing works. We even rototilled one area and sodded it, watered and it looked good for one year. Even with fertilizer, and weeding it, it's going to hell also.
WOW.... The only thing you didn't mention was lime. have you had your soil tested? You know, that's a same, a nice lawn really makes a property. You have to be more than frustrated.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #9887
Mod free 5er

Quote:
WOW.... The only thing you didn't mention was lime. have you had your soil tested? You know, that's a same, a nice lawn really makes a property. You have to be more than frustrated.
At my age, that's our 2 boys problem, they'll sell it unless the oldest one moves over here for the garage space and not have to move all the machinery/tools. His two car garage wouldn't hold all the machinery let alone have room to work with it. We have what is suppose to be a small 4 car garage and we can just barely get the wife's car in it. There's 53+ yrs of accumulation and we just keep adding. Bought a small electric/hyd log splitter last week and converted it to a horiz. press to make awning brackets. TOWTA has just about reached her limit! lol
Old 06-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #9888
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

OC you know I was juz rattl'n you're cage !

My neighbor runs a lawn service, he spends tons on fertilizer,water system,weed killer acc. I obviously do not. Point. My weeds usually mow almost as well. He## just mow the weeds like you said.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #9889
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
At my age, that's our 2 boys problem, they'll sell it unless the oldest one moves over here for the garage space and not have to move all the machinery/tools. His two car garage wouldn't hold all the machinery let alone have room to work with it. We have what is suppose to be a small 4 car garage and we can just barely get the wife's car in it. There's 53+ yrs of accumulation and we just keep adding. Bought a small electric/hyd log splitter last week and converted it to a horiz. press to make awning brackets. TOWTA has just about reached her limit! lol
Coot, I feel your pain. We moved to "The Ridge" about ten years ago and of coarse moved everything we had accumulated over a long period of time with us. Had two houses and two of everything you can imagine. After the move have one house and still have two of everything. Just can't figure out how that could happen. LOL
Old 06-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #9890
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

Coot, I feel your pain. We moved to "The Ridge" about ten years ago and of coarse moved everything we had accumulated over a long period of time with us. Had two houses and two of everything you can imagine. After the move have one house and still have two of everything. Just can't figure out how that could happen. LOL
Looking back, it was good to be in the military for 20 years. We moved almost every three years and the lower rank you are the less weight the government will move. It was always "time for a yard sale, or know anyone that needs...." Now that I'm "retired" and been the same house nearly 8 years I can see it starting to accumulate!!
2016-(32) 2017-(13) 2018-(20) 2019-0
Old 06-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #9891
Mod free 5er

Quote:
LOL, I don't worry about in the house, I just need to convince TOWTA to leave her car outside with my truck and then we could have a little more room. Would like to bring my floor model arbor press inside the garage and move the 4' press brake and metal lathe to where her car sits but she has no sense of humor. Thinks only of herself.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #9892
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombDoc View Post
Looking back, it was good to be in the military for 20 years. We moved almost every three years and the lower rank you are the less weight the government will move. It was always "time for a yard sale, or know anyone that needs...." Now that I'm "retired" and been the same house nearly 8 years I can see it starting to accumulate!!
BD. It only gets worse. LOL
Old 06-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #9893
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
LOL, I don't worry about in the house, I just need to convince TOWTA to leave her car outside with my truck and then we could have a little more room. Would like to bring my floor model arbor press inside the garage and move the 4' press brake and metal lathe to where her car sits but she has no sense of humor. Thinks only of herself.
Maybe a good time to build a new shop or garage and coverup some of those pesky weeds... sounds like you have a good excuse, don't ya think?
Old 06-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #9894
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Maybe a good time to build a new shop or garage and coverup some of those pesky weeds... sounds like you have a good excuse, don't ya think?
We've seriously considered it, but decided to live with it and p--- the money away traveling or whatever else we want to do. Love spending 4-5 months in FL every winter and this year about 6-7 wks going to Goshen and beyond getting back for about 5-6 wks and head to FL. May make it to around 175 days in the 5er this yr.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #9895
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
We've seriously considered it, but decided to live with it and p--- the money away traveling or whatever else we want to do. Love spending 4-5 months in FL every winter and this year about 6-7 wks going to Goshen and beyond getting back for about 5-6 wks and head to FL. May make it to around 175 days in the 5er this yr.
That's nice Coot. Can't say as I blame you and DW. As soon as we get all the loose ends tied up from MILs passing I hope we'll be able to do the same. We should have her house on the market by July 15th and hopefully sold shortly thereafter. Then we'll be able to start enjoying our retirement.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #9896

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
185.00 for the duramax.
265.00 for the maxima.

Feel better now?
Yeah, but no personal property tax, right? Missouri tags are relatively inexpensive, but we pay a s***load in personal property tax on cars, trucks, trailers, boats, etc. every December.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Old 06-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #9897

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreDoc View Post
Doc
Doc, I feel your pain. I traded my last truck after 13 months and took a beating on it. Come to think of it, we traded the 2012 Rockwood after a year for the one we have now. 2 X "dumb" = ???
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Old 06-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #9898
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Is it still beer thirsty?
Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #9899
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Is it still beer thirsty?
Here's to ya...
Old 06-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #9900
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

Here's to ya...
I'm with ya FRIEND! Wings n bbc's tonight!
Closed Thread