Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #14061
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
While we were at the Goshen rally, Capt Mike had all the led fixtures replaced and was kind enough to give them all to me. I decided to try them and the first one I used was for in the range hood as that one always got hot and discolored the lense. Took the light out completely and mounted a dual led fixture. Then just replaced the one over the rear counter. We had tried just replacing the bulbs and didn't like the color, so I had removed all of them and sold them to someone. TOWTA went out and tried the new leds and actually liked them, so now I will replace the remaining 4 when we get to FL to give me something to do unless I get energetic (fat chance) and replace them before we leave.

Thanks Capt Mike, I really appreciate your kindness and light fixtures.
Nice and bright and don't get lazy on us down in Florida
Old 10-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #14062

Anyone know where (Turbs) Law office is located! I need to talk to him! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1349.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	40673  
Old 10-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #14063
Mod free 5er

Quote:
While we were at the Goshen rally, Capt Mike had all the led fixtures replaced and was kind enough to give them all to me. I decided to try them and the first one I used was for in the range hood as that one always got hot and discolored the lense. Took the light out completely and mounted a dual led fixture. Then just replaced the one over the rear counter. We had tried just replacing the bulbs and didn't like the color, so I had removed all of them and sold them to someone. TOWTA went out and tried the new leds and actually liked them, so now I will replace the remaining 4 when we get to FL to give me something to do unless I get energetic (fat chance) and replace them before we leave.

Well, TOWTA decided that I felt energetic this morning, so like the nice husband I am, I agreed and changed the last 5 lights to leds. Now, she gets to feel energetic and clean up all the snow.

Now, I have nothing to do in FL except, read, eat, sleep and ...
Old 10-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #14064
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Anyone know where (Turbs) Law office is located! I need to talk to him! Youroo!!
I don't think they allow cell phones in the Scott County jail which is where he goes every weekend.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #14065

Quote:
I don't think they allow cell phones in the Scott County jail which is where he goes every weekend.
OC,why do you think they call them (Cell Phones)? Thats why I need to call (Him) I am in one also! Youroo!!
Old 10-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #14066
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Life is great eh !?
Old 10-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #14067

Met the owner of ( J&J Pub&Grub) in a Hot Tub up here! She said she never heard of You! Turbs are you using a Fake name when you go into Bars? Youroo!!
Old 10-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #14068
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Met the owner of ( J&J Pub&Grub) in a Hot Tub up here! She said she never heard of You! Turbs are you using a Fake name when you go into Bars? Youroo!!
Turbs is only my handle here.

Prolly best you don't "toss" my name around in boulder tho....
Old 10-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #14069
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Youroo,
Looks like the weather will be chilly but nice for the up coming weekend.

I've put out calls to all the haunts explaining that you'll be in town and among my presence.
They all agreed to not hold it against me even tho you don't even know how to hold a rod and reel correctly much less use it in the manner attended.
I've hidden all the keys to the sleds just in case you think it might be much faster to get home across the lake versus taking the car around.
I've got hip waders just your size to allow you to get just deep enough to help remove the docks at the cabin.
The poontoon is fueled up for a slow but chilly ride around the lakes at worse we can pour some gas in the middle of the boat and light it for some heat.... and no ms Amy won't be used as a secondary heating source......

Turbs
Old 10-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #14070
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Youroo,
Looks like the weather will be chilly but nice for the up coming weekend.

I've put out calls to all the haunts explaining that you'll be in town and among my presence.
They all agreed to not hold it against me even tho you don't even know how to hold a rod and reel correctly much less use it in the manner attended.
I've hidden all the keys to the sleds just in case you think it might be much faster to get home across the lake versus taking the car around.
I've got hip waders just your size to allow you to get just deep enough to help remove the docks at the cabin.
The poontoon is fueled up for a slow but chilly ride around the lakes at worse we can pour some gas in the middle of the boat and light it for some heat.... and no ms Amy won't be used as a secondary source......

Turbs
Could you please explain what is meant by the "...and no ms Amy won't be ..."portion of this ?

I was following up to that point
Old 10-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #14071
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post

Could you please explain what is meant by the "...and no ms Amy won't be ..."portion of this ?

I was following up to that point
I added a key work for you b.

"Heating"
Old 10-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #14072

Hi, Phrogs.

Been out of the loop for about 10 days...in a state park campground at Lake Somerville, Texas, with no Wi-Fi connection. I Kerrville today, for the next 8 nights.

We used the oven in the Windjammer for the first time this trip. Worked OK, but seemed like it took a long time to ignite the pilot. Is that common? Also, lasagna cooked OK, but got a little too done on the bottom, where it sits right on the burner. Anybody ever have this problem, and what did you do? I thought perhaps a cookie rack - like you use to cool cookies after they come out of the oven - placed over the bottom of the oven. It would lift the baking pan/dish up about 1/2 inch, and should prevent the bottom from burning.

RVChick, I know you use your oven a lot. What do you do to prevent the bottom of the food from burning?

Thanks, folks.

Mike
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Old 10-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #14073
Mod free 5er

Hey Capt Mike, TOWTA and I want to Thank You for the led light fixtures you gave us in Goshen. Got all the overhead lights changed and added one inside the stove hood. Really like them. Thanks again and be careful and safe in your travels.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #14074
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
Hi, Phrogs.

Been out of the loop for about 10 days...in a state park campground at Lake Somerville, Texas, with no Wi-Fi connection. I Kerrville today, for the next 8 nights.

We used the oven in the Windjammer for the first time this trip. Worked OK, but seemed like it took a long time to ignite the pilot. Is that common? Also, lasagna cooked OK, but got a little too done on the bottom, where it sits right on the burner. Anybody ever have this problem, and what did you do? I thought perhaps a cookie rack - like you use to cool cookies after they come out of the oven - placed over the bottom of the oven. It would lift the baking pan/dish up about 1/2 inch, and should prevent the bottom from burning.

RVChick, I know you use your oven a lot. What do you do to prevent the bottom of the food from burning?

Thanks, folks.

Mike
Hey cpt mike!

Mine takes awhile to light as well.

I turn my oven down about 25 or more degrees and just cook it longer.
We also put a pampered chef cooking stone on the bottom.

Turbs
Old 10-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #14075

Quote:

You are certainly welcome, OC. Nice job!
Old 10-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #14076

Quote:
Hey Capt Mike, TOWTA and I want to Thank You for the led light fixtures you gave us in Goshen. Got all the overhead lights changed and added one to the stove hood. Really like them. Thanks again and be careful and safe in your travels.
I told TOWTA you were going to put them on the outside and make the 5'er look like a UFO. I think inside really is a better way to go.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #14077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling buckeye View Post
Morn'n Frogs !

In my tree,hunting with youngest son today who is in his fav spot,about 500yds away. With or without deer,one of those irreplaceable days!!
If something happens ill let y'all know !
RB, that is cool, spending a Saturday hunting with your son.

When we got to Nails Creek State Park here in Texas the first day, we saw 4 deer. Season opened and the park was suddenly overrun with deer...saw at least 12 as we were leaving this morning.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #14078

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Hey cpt mike!

Mine takes awhile to light as well.

I turn my oven down about 25 or more degrees and just cook it longer.
We also put a pampered chef cooking stone on the bottom.

Turbs

X2 on the stone!! We have a few of those around here!!
Old 10-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #14079

Capt.Mike,put a Glazed floor tile from (HD-Lowes) in the bottom,thats what we put in our gas grill at home to cook Pizza on. Youroo!!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #14080

Quote:
Capt.Mike,put a Glazed floor tile from (HD-Lowes) in the bottom,thats what we put in our gas grill at home to cook Pizza on. Youroo!!
Youroo, great idea, thanks!
Closed Thread