Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #8211
PPST OGCDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
I don't mind the mowing, but not a fan of the string trimming. Too many trees, flower beds and such. .
Round-Up

Old 06-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #8212
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank-VA View Post
Round-Up
We are not avid tree hungers, but we do recycle products though our neighborhood recycling program.

My reason for saying this here is due to the fact I was at our Lowes store the other day in the Garden department and noticed all the products such as Round Up and how they are packaged.

The packaging is getting pretty fancy and the packages are getting fairly big. I wondered how many of them are recycled after the product is used up or if they are simply thrown out with the trash and left to rot away in the next hundred years.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #8213
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
I agree grayfox! I keep telling my DH that! I'd love the zero turn around rider too!! I have a pusher that has the bigger back tires....supposed to be easier to push.....hellloooooo....I'm only 5'2 and weigh 105.......gimme something I can use!! I end up looking under the handle bars when pushing it!! I know right?

My wife loves the zero turn walk behind. Some have steering or turning brakes in either manual or hydraulic and come in various sizes from about 30" to 60".
they make life a lot easier. I think a little pillow talk on your part might do the trick. Just sayin.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #8214
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Lmfao

This thread just kills me......
I don't think there's one topic we haven't touched on.

One minute were jabberin about tornados and weather the next minute were green thumbing and recycling

Iph someone took the time to read post one till now they'd most likely go oph the deep end for being so screwed up and sideways they'd have to be committed!

By the way I resemble my last statement
shut up b and oc you guys were there bephore me ! Bed one and two!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #8215
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
We are not avid tree hungers, but we do recycle products though our neighborhood recycling program.

My reason for saying this here is due to the fact I was at our Lowes store the other day in the Garden department and noticed all the products such as Round Up and how they are packaged.

The packaging is getting pretty fancy and the packages are getting fairly big. I wondered how many of them are recycled after the product is used up or if they are simply thrown out with the trash and left to rot away in the next hundred years.
I know in the state of PA and MD. All pesticide containers are to be triple rinsed before being discarded in a landfill. I wonder how many of us really know the proper disposal of these containers that contained toxic materials . For containers that might have some left over toxic material in them we have to take them to a location for that purpose and that purpose only.... not a land fill. I agree we must handle all these containers carefully.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #8216
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post

My wife loves the zero turn walk behind. Some have steering or turning brakes in either manual or hydraulic and come in various sizes from about 30" to 60".
they make life a lot easier. I think a little pillow talk on your part might do the trick. Just sayin.
This is our first summer living in the country......I just finished walking the push mower up one side of the driveway and down the other, to mow under trees. I bet there are thirty trees I mowed around! Face beet red, sweating, panting....I know....not pretty....thank goodness for cold Gatorade! We haven't even got the house built yet so that's another driveway and yard! Good thing I love to mow but I agree grayfox.....pillow talk or I may have to take his "pillow" away.....I'm just sayin!
He did say it looked great!
Lunch break, then back at it!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #8217
Mod free 5er

Quote:
This is our first summer living in the country......I just finished walking the push mower up one side of the driveway and down the other, to mow under trees. I bet there are thirty trees I mowed around! Face beet red, sweating, panting....I know....not pretty....thank goodness for cold Gatorade! We haven't even got the house built yet so that's another driveway and yard! Good thing I love to mow but I agree grayfox.....pillow talk or I may have to take his "pillow" away.....I'm just sayin!
I bet you can threaten with more than taking away his pillow and get the results you want. You women have the power and you know it!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #8218
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post

I bet you can threaten with more than taking away his pillow and get the results you want. You women have the power and you know it!
Wellllllllll that's true!!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #8219
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
The thing we realized before we moved to " The Ridge" was we had to make it as easy as possible on our selves. From a 1/2 acre to 60 acres is quite a change although we had been spending most all vacations and weekends here for about 30 years. At the time this was a Mtn. retreat and a place to play. So we really tried to accumulate the right equipment to make work less time consuming and easier on the body, Oh and more time for "BEER THIRSTY". We really do enjoy our retirement here, no doubt about it.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #8220
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post

The thing we realized before we moved to " The Ridge" was we had to make it as easy as possible on our selves. From a 1/2 acre to 60 acres is quite a change although we had been spending most all vacations and weekends here for about 30 years. At the time this was a Mtn. retreat and a place to play. So we really tried to accumulate the right equipment to make work less time consuming and easier on the body, Oh and more time for "BEER THIRSTY". We really do enjoy our retirement here, no doubt about it.
I love the name you gave it....The Ridge! We call this place The Farm! We have been coming here for 13 years to hunt, fish and camp. DH had been coming here several years before me. There was a man living here in the house the foxes now live under. It is horrible and the last couple of years it only got worse. He decided he wanted to move closer to town, and that is when the place went up for sale. We love it too and I am blessed to be able to retire and now help take care of the place full time. It sure is different than living in a subdivision!

Lunch break is over.....heading out to help spray poison ivy! I can't belief how rampant that stuff is!

Closed Thread