Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #8221
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
I know in the state of PA and MD. All pesticide containers are to be triple rinsed before being discarded in a landfill. I wonder how many of us really know the proper disposal of these containers that contained toxic materials . For containers that might have some left over toxic material in them we have to take them to a location for that purpose and that purpose only.... not a land fill. I agree we must handle all these containers carefully.
Probably not many dispose of them properly as you say.

My point is whether they are properly disposed of or not, I am amazed at the amount of plastic that is contained in each of these packages and that many of them are probably not disposed of properly thru recycling if recycling is allowed.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #8222
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
I love the name you gave it....The Ridge! We call this place The Farm! We have been coming here for 13 years to hunt, fish and camp. DH had been coming here several years before me. There was a man living here in the house the foxes now live under. It is horrible and the last couple of years it only got worse. He decided he wanted to move closer to town, and that is when the place went up for sale. We love it too and I am blessed to be able to retire and now help take care of the place full time. It sure is different than living in a subdivision!

Lunch break is over.....heading out to help spray poison ivy! I can't belief how rampant that stuff is!
You will find out as the years go by that you want less and less to mow and let more & more go back to nature. I wish we could put astroturf on our 1.48 acres and sell both Cub Cadets. 'Course I am extremely lazy too!

Old 06-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #8223
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
You will find out as the years go by that you want less and less to mow and let more & more go back to nature. I wish we could put astroturf on our 1.48 acres and sell both Cub Cadets. 'Course I am extremely lazy too!
X2 on the less to mow. Up until this home, we have had large yards and I did the mowing, bagging, edging, blowing off and everything else required to keep the yard looking nice. I had the gas powered lawn mower, edging machine, blower and the electrical shrub trimmers and all the electrical extension cords in the garage.

When we moved into this home, all that stuff went away and Now I gladly pay my yard man to do it for us.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #8224
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Probably not many dispose of them properly as you say.

My point is whether they are properly disposed of or not, I am amazed at the amount of plastic that is contained in each of these packages and that many of them are probably not disposed of properly thru recycling if recycling is allowed.
Absolutely B. I agree,
Old 06-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #8225
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Sure are missing all my fellow FROGS here in Branson.!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #8226
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Well, I'm 70 years young and I plan on staying that way by being as active as I can. I really enjoy mowing, cutting wood and splitting and all the stuff that goes with owning property in the country. We know the time will come when we can't take care of it, but until that time comes I'm going to keep on keeping on and enjoy it.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #8227
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Coot I have my lazy streaks too.... and I enjoy them from time to time.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #8228
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
Sure are missing all my fellow FROGS here in Branson.!!!
Hay Awwall ! Hope you are have'n Phun !
There are A LOT oph things to do n see in Branson,be safe !
Old 06-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #8229
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Have phun buckeye picking out a new phone!! I love when it's time to upgrade! I'd love to hear which one you settle on. Do you prefer the IOS or do you like the Androids?
DW has android, I'm still roll'n with an old,I 1, her droid is aah...PITA,just because I'm not used to it. But I think I will do a 4s, the I1 is 4-5 yrs old.and will not support most any new apps.makes a great I pod phor music though !
Old 06-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #8230
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling buckeye View Post

DW has android, I'm still roll'n with an old,I 1, her droid is aah...PITA,just because I'm not used to it. But I think I will do a 4s, the I1 is 4-5 yrs old.and will not support most any new apps.makes a great I pod phor music though !
True that!