Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #9931
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Verizon here on an old cheap Palm Pilot with free Hot spot. If we upgrade we have to start paying for the hot spot time. Ain't gonna happen. Got 2 new spares just in case.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #9932
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Verizon here on an old cheap Palm Pilot with free Hot spot. If we upgrade we have to start paying for the hot spot time. Ain't gonna happen. Got 2 new spares just in case.
Samsung mesmerize II ALSO HAS FREE wifi hot spot.
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #9933
Moderator Emeritus
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In the Country
Posts: 6,342
I have had an iPhone since the first day they went on sale....I am grandfathered in, and have unlimited data. I don't want to give that up!
__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW - named Alice
RV: 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12 - named Thor
RVChick is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #9934
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Samsung mesmerize II ALSO HAS FREE wifi hot spot.
Not on Verizon, $50/month.
__________________
OldCoot is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #9935
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
I have had an iPhone since the first day they went on sale....I am grandfathered in, and have unlimited data. I don't want to give that up!
That's why I keep my Palm Pilot, it has a free hot spot. That's why I bought 2 spares. As long as I use the Palm, it continues to be free and if I upgrade to any other phone, it's $50/mo.
__________________
OldCoot is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #9936
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post

Not on Verizon, $50/month.
That's what they want you to think.

We called and asked and they said 30.00 a mo. To turn it on.
I called our cell guy from work and he said it a scam and don't pay as they have no way to track it with the sm II.
he said just turn it on and use it.
Ms amy has used hers for 3 years with no charge.
__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #9937
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
That's what they want you to think.

We called and asked and they said 30.00 a mo. To turn it on.
I called our cell guy from work and he said it a scam and don't pay as they have no way to track it with the sm II.
he said just turn it on and use it.
Ms amy has used hers for 3 years with no charge.
Just called them and quoted what they said. Have tried for the last 2 yrs and get the same answer in Concord, Charlotte, Daytona, Orlando. They all say stay with the Palm or upgrade and pay the $50/mo. I'll stay with the Palm, it's just a phone and a hot spot in emergencies.
__________________
OldCoot is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #9938
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Rolling buckeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,330
RVC could you think oph the fishing phone.... as job and retirement security ? Lol !

Aaargggh !
__________________
Rolling buckeye is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #9939
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Chicky needs to clean out her message box.
__________________
OldCoot is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #9940
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South West PA
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Chicky needs to clean out her message box.
Happy to see all is well with the Phrogs on on the phond tomight. kinda mellow for a Sat night.
__________________

__________________
grayfox is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 PM.