Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #8221
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
I know in the state of PA and MD. All pesticide containers are to be triple rinsed before being discarded in a landfill. I wonder how many of us really know the proper disposal of these containers that contained toxic materials . For containers that might have some left over toxic material in them we have to take them to a location for that purpose and that purpose only.... not a land fill. I agree we must handle all these containers carefully.
Probably not many dispose of them properly as you say.

My point is whether they are properly disposed of or not, I am amazed at the amount of plastic that is contained in each of these packages and that many of them are probably not disposed of properly thru recycling if recycling is allowed.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #8222
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
I love the name you gave it....The Ridge! We call this place The Farm! We have been coming here for 13 years to hunt, fish and camp. DH had been coming here several years before me. There was a man living here in the house the foxes now live under. It is horrible and the last couple of years it only got worse. He decided he wanted to move closer to town, and that is when the place went up for sale. We love it too and I am blessed to be able to retire and now help take care of the place full time. It sure is different than living in a subdivision!

Lunch break is over.....heading out to help spray poison ivy! I can't belief how rampant that stuff is!
You will find out as the years go by that you want less and less to mow and let more & more go back to nature. I wish we could put astroturf on our 1.48 acres and sell both Cub Cadets. 'Course I am extremely lazy too!
Old 06-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #8223
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
You will find out as the years go by that you want less and less to mow and let more & more go back to nature. I wish we could put astroturf on our 1.48 acres and sell both Cub Cadets. 'Course I am extremely lazy too!
X2 on the less to mow. Up until this home, we have had large yards and I did the mowing, bagging, edging, blowing off and everything else required to keep the yard looking nice. I had the gas powered lawn mower, edging machine, blower and the electrical shrub trimmers and all the electrical extension cords in the garage.

When we moved into this home, all that stuff went away and Now I gladly pay my yard man to do it for us.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #8224
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Probably not many dispose of them properly as you say.

My point is whether they are properly disposed of or not, I am amazed at the amount of plastic that is contained in each of these packages and that many of them are probably not disposed of properly thru recycling if recycling is allowed.
Absolutely B. I agree,
Old 06-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #8225
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Sure are missing all my fellow FROGS here in Branson.!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #8226
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Well, I'm 70 years young and I plan on staying that way by being as active as I can. I really enjoy mowing, cutting wood and splitting and all the stuff that goes with owning property in the country. We know the time will come when we can't take care of it, but until that time comes I'm going to keep on keeping on and enjoy it.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #8227
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Coot I have my lazy streaks too.... and I enjoy them from time to time.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #8228
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
Hay Awwall ! Hope you are have'n Phun !
There are A LOT oph things to do n see in Branson,be safe !
Old 06-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #8229
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Have phun buckeye picking out a new phone!! I love when it's time to upgrade! I'd love to hear which one you settle on. Do you prefer the IOS or do you like the Androids?
DW has android, I'm still roll'n with an old,I 1, her droid is aah...PITA,just because I'm not used to it. But I think I will do a 4s, the I1 is 4-5 yrs old.and will not support most any new apps.makes a great I pod phor music though !
Old 06-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #8230
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling buckeye View Post

DW has android, I'm still roll'n with an old,I 1, her droid is aah...PITA,just because I'm not used to it. But I think I will do a 4s, the I1 is 4-5 yrs old.and will not support most any new apps.makes a great I pod phor music though !
True that!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #8231
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

True that!
Think I've heard you say you were on FRF on yr phone right ? N Tim too. Works ok on newer I phone ? + I want to take n Post pics w/out carrying I pad.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #8232
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling buckeye View Post

Think I've heard you say you were on FRF on yr phone right ? N Tim too. Works ok on newer I phone ? + I want to take n Post pics w/out carrying I pad.
I have a Samsung galaxy 111.

Little iffy posting pics sometimes but its the app not the phone otherwise no issues.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #8233
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
Awwww!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #8234
Phat Phrog

Quote:

Well, I'm 70 years young and I plan on staying that way by being as active as I can. I really enjoy mowing, cutting wood and splitting and all the stuff that goes with owning property in the country. We know the time will come when we can't take care of it, but until that time comes I'm going to keep on keeping on and enjoy it.
That is so cool to hear grayfox! I was just complaining how it sucks to be a girl out here in the country. Nether are so many things I want to do but just not string enough like you men! I hate that!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #8235
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
That is so cool to hear grayfox! I was just complaining how it sucks to be a girl out here in the country. Nether are so many things I want to do but just not string enough like you men! I hate that!
IT WILL ALL WORK OUT FOR YA. JUST work away at it a little at a time bephore you know it you'll be able to sit back and relax. The spot were we built our cabin was overgrown like a jungle, you name it we had it growing there. Grape vines, poison ivy, wild roses, and berry bushes of all description. Now we a terrific view phorm the phront porch.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #8236
Phat Phrog

Quote:

IT WILL ALL WORK OUT FOR YA. JUST work away at it a little at a time bephore you know it you'll be able to sit back and relax. The spot were we built our cabin was overgrown like a jungle, you name it we had it growing there. Grape vines, poison ivy, wild roses, and berry bushes of all description. Now we a terrific view phorm the phront porch.
Thank you phor the inspiration grayfox!!! I would love to see some pics!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #8237
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Girl, that's when you have to put that pretty head to work and think of a way to do it with tools, etc. If it's lifting or moving a rock, log, get a pry bar, etc. Being a transplanted Missourian, you just have to improvise.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #8238
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Thank you phor the inspiration grayfox!!! I would love to see some pics!
I may be able to send some pics as an attachment. I have been having all sorts of problems with this old puter . Time for a new laptop!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #8239
Phat Phrog

Quote:

Girl, that's when you have to put that pretty head to work and think of a way to do it with tools, etc. If it's lifting or moving a rock, log, get a pry bar, etc. Being a transplanted Missourian, you just have to improvise.
Improvise....got it!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #8240
Just Love to Camp

Turn a no need to worry about pics for little ole me. Rv chick will email them to me so I get to see it all. Like the ones that can't be posted to the forum

2012 F450
Virginia
Closed Thread