Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 10:03 PM   #17941
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackman1994 View Post
I was just thinking I have only been driving for 18 years and I have had over 20 cars and trucks. I have owned every brand from Toyota to GM. I have had decent luck with all of them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Been driving since 1954, 1956 legally, owned 2 Fords, a Nash Rambler convertible, 2 Chrysler Products, 2 Studebakers, 3 Cadillacs, 2 Buicks, 2 Pontiacs, 10 Chevys and the only ones I had problems with were the 2 Fords. I'll stick with the old 96 Caddy TOWTA has and my old 05 Silverado.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:48 PM   #17942
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I hate to say it but the most reliable cars I have had have been the imports. It is kind of a shame.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:36 AM   #17943

Phat Phrog's Place

If you haven't had fords since the 1950s how can you judge a ford nowadays? I think anyone can make as big of an argument that gm's are turds just as someone else will hate on dodges. I've had all three and personally the ford has been the best. My Chevy lived in the shop and the dodge had tranny issues.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:53 AM   #17944
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
If you haven't had fords since the 1950s how can you judge a ford nowadays? I think anyone can make as big of an argument that gm's are turds just as someone else will hate on dodges. I've had all three and personally the ford has been the best. My Chevy lived in the shop and the dodge had tranny issues.
Just haven't seen one I like well enough to get rid of what I have or had at the time.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:34 AM   #17945
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I've owned 34+ cars in 32 years.
3 Fords - 97 expedition with 5.4L piston slap that they said was "normal". You would have thought the rod was coming out of the block. '99 F350 that was a beast of its day, but with constant injector problems and '97 Cobra Mustang convertible - FUN car no problems, but only had 3k miles on it.
(2) dodge - Caravan and a Dakota both had antilock brake problems

The rest being 3 Hondas and GM's with no problems. (Ok - my first car was a used Vega that I put 2 motors in and 3 trannies).
Old 04-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #17946

Automobiles/trucks

Having owned over 43 vehicles in my driving career, kind of gives one a real perspective on what these vehicles are all about. In days past, there were distinct differences in previously made vehicles. Having the opportunity to drive most cars that are on the market today, on a daily basis, I can honestly say, there are not that many differences between the major manufacturers out there. The foreign made vehicles offer more diversity than American made vehicles. The Ford Truck line are by far the most comfortable to sit in and drive. That alone impress's me, the Chevy Truck line offers some of the better engine combinations, except for their diesel. Would be a tough decision today picking a new tow truck!!!!!!
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
Old 04-03-2014, 08:03 AM   #17947
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
Having owned over 43 vehicles in my driving career, kind of gives one a real perspective on what these vehicles are all about. In days past, there were distinct differences in previously made vehicles. Having the opportunity to drive most cars that are on the market today, on a daily basis, I can honestly say, there are not that many differences between the major manufacturers out there. The foreign made vehicles offer more diversity than American made vehicles. The Ford Truck line are by far the most comfortable to sit in and drive. That alone impress's me, the Chevy Truck line offers some of the better engine combinations, except for their diesel. Would be a tough decision today picking a new tow truck!!!!!!
Wow Kick I couldn't have said it any better myself. My thoughts exactly. I test drove all three major brands of HD diesel trucks several times before going with my Ford. I still feel that I made the right decision. I have had it for a year and better than 22000 miles. It is everything I expected and more. I have said it before I am not partial to any one brand but I must say this is one of the best vehicle purchases I have ever made.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #17948

F350

We recently had an attractive young lady order an f350 top of the line diesel pickup. Maroon ext. Tan leather interior turbo diesel with all the bells and whisles, 65k on the sticker. I went to the rail yard to pick it up, very impressed with the raw power. When i arrived back at the dealership her salesman has contacted her about the trucks arrival. She spent 3 hours going over this beast from bumper to bumper, her first even ford, before all chevy's, the dealership gave her like 10k off the msrp, another good deal, i would have taken it home;

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackman1994 View Post
Wow Kick I couldn't have said it any better myself. My thoughts exactly. I test drove all three major brands of HD diesel trucks several times before going with my Ford. I still feel that I made the right decision. I have had it for a year and better than 22000 miles. It is everything I expected and more. I have said it before I am not partial to any one brand but I must say this is one of the best vehicle purchases I have ever made.

2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
Old 04-03-2014, 09:47 AM   #17949
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
We recently had an attractive young lady order an f350 top of the line diesel pickup. Maroon ext. Tan leather interior turbo diesel with all the bells and whisles, 65k on the sticker. I went to the rail yard to pick it up, very impressed with the raw power. When i arrived back at the dealership her salesman has contacted her about the trucks arrival. She spent 3 hours going over this beast from bumper to bumper, her first even ford, before all chevy's, the dealership gave her like 10k off the msrp, another good deal, i would have taken it home; ;
The only thing I don't like about the Fords is that light tan interior. No way I would own one with that. This is a truck it will get dirty.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #17950
Phat Phrog

Well April Showers is sure proving itself, with it only being three days into the month! We have had some heavy rains since yesterday, with flood warnings out until tomorrow afternoon! Even some hail overnight.......uuuggghhhh.....
Turbs do you think you can turn the sprinkler system off?
Old 04-03-2014, 10:29 AM   #17951
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Met a forum member this morning that I was not familiar with, evidently my fame precedes me as he knew who I was (and of course Turbs!). Uh Oh! He also has a 365(pulled by a Chevy). . Was even able to help them out a bit, by showing them where a hidden breaker was.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #17952
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Well April Showers is sure proving itself, with it only being three days into the month! We have had some heavy rains since yesterday, with flood warnings out until tomorrow afternoon! Even some hail overnight.......uuuggghhhh.....
psst, tp holder!
Old 04-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #17953

Quote:
Based on the hazardous weather forecast we just got, I think TURBS has the wires switched

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HUNTSVILLE AL 420 AM CDT THU APR 3 2014

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTH ALABAMA AND PORTIONS OF SOUTHERN MIDDLE TENNESSEE.

AROUND MIDNIGHT A LINE OF STRONG TO SEVERE STORMS IS EXPECTED TO APPROACH NORTHWEST ALABAMA
DAMAGING WINDS WILL BE THE PRIMARY THREAT.
HOWEVER LARGE HAIL...HEAVY RAIN AND
BRIEF TORNADOES MAY ALSO BE POSSIBLE.

Ah yes the beginning of tornado season in Alabama....
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
Old 04-03-2014, 12:03 PM   #17954
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Glad I'm in FL and not in Muscle Shoals this week.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #17955

Quote:
Getting clobbered in the STL area right now...heavy rain, tornado warnings, hail, raining so hard I can't see across the back yard.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Old 04-03-2014, 02:06 PM   #17956
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
...raining so hard I can't see across the back yard.
Well, look out across the front yard then. Sheez!
Old 04-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #17957

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Well, look out across the front yard then. Sheez!
Don't you have something you are supposed to be doing in your shop right now, OC?
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Old 04-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #17958
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
Don't you have something you are supposed to be doing in your shop right now, OC?
I am, checking on you. Sunshine and about 73° here.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:38 PM   #17959
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Im working on it.
There's been a delay...
The Production stupidvisor seems to think he runs the show but I found him all snugged up in the recliner on the confuser.......
I don't think I'll mention names at this point. OcGfdhglocfdffocddfoc

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 04-03-2014, 02:39 PM   #17960
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dichayer View Post
I use a pair of clip ons that I bought on ebay. Camco is the brand name. Works on my 8" Surveyor.
Dick
To whom was the member?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forest River Forums mobile app
Closed Thread