Old 05-22-2015, 08:21 AM   #481
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLPhotographer View Post
Bora Bora 6 weeks ago. I hope this post to the Photography thread. Can someone please advise what I'm doing wrong. Thanks

Jon in FL
There are more than one way to post... a couple of ways from a computer, ways using the FR app on a smart phone, ways using Tapatalk on a smart phone (my preferred way if the pic is on my phone).

Select the following topic and scroll down to posting pictures information. Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics

Nights Camped: 2013 = 49 / 2014 = 74 / 2015 = 74 / 2016 = 85
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:01 PM   #482

I downloaded the app so I thought I'd try to upload a picture.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1432342893.071732.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	77741

Old 05-22-2015, 09:07 PM   #483

I just upload the IMG's to my forum album from my phone, camera or flash drive.
Copy paste to the thread I am replying in.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:14 PM   #484

I'm a Canon Shooter -

1Dx , 5Dmkiii , 7Dmkii , 7D , (4) G16 , (3) G12 , (1) G10. I recently toyed with the medium digital format and purchased a Pentax 645Z. My lenses cover anything from 11mm to the 800mm. Photography is more of a hobby these days. I was fortunate to retire at 52. I recently got to use the new Canon 5Ds r and look forward to having one in my Arsenal. When is comes to tripods,monopods, L brackets and gimbal mounts I use Really Right Stuff.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:04 AM   #485

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLPhotographer View Post
I'm a Canon Shooter -

1Dx , 5Dmkiii , 7Dmkii , 7D , (4) G16 , (3) G12 , (1) G10. I recently toyed with the medium digital format and purchased a Pentax 645Z. My lenses cover anything from 11mm to the 800mm. Photography is more of a hobby these days. I was fortunate to retire at 52. I recently got to use the new Canon 5Ds r and look forward to having one in my Arsenal. When is comes to tripods,monopods, L brackets and gimbal mounts I use Really Right Stuff.
My old, but still not bad, tripod let my 1DX and 24-105 hit the ground one day. Within a week I got a Manfrotto tripod and the old tripod is relegated to off camera flash holding.

I told the wife I can't let that kind of money sit on a cheap tripod.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:49 PM   #486

SKnight

I agree, one spends 1000's of dollars and then buys a $39 dollar tripod.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:35 PM   #487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Don View Post
Everybody's got a camera. We all visit beautiful country and record it on "film".
Since most shutterbugs I know just love comparing notes, I thought I'd start a thread for just that.
What camera(s) do you use ?
What lenses, filters, etc.
Got any good do's or do not's (I've got plenty of the latter to share) to pass along ?

To get things started, for the last 10 years or so I've been using a Nikon D50 SLR. It's an entry level camera but it's far more capable than the guy standing behind it.

Lenses consist of the 18-55mm zoom lens that comes with the kit. I've heard "serious" photographers talk down about that lens but it's taken some awfully nice pictures for me over the years.
A 70-300 zoom lens does critter duty so that the next time I'm dangerously, stupidly close to a bear the photo doesn't eventually look like a fuzzy black dot 400 yards away. Better yet, I won't have to get dangerously, stupidly close to a bear to get a good shot.
And recently, I bought a 50mm prime lens (for non-SLR users, "prime" means it's not a zoom lens) with a wider aperture (f1.8) that I hope to use for night landscape photography.

I'll post up a few examples I've found recently that could have been much better shots had I been watching more closely or used something different.

I'm an SLR shooter, but I hope the point-and-shooters and even video-cammers will chime in.
Hi all,
Took a (bucket list) trip this last spring starting just after Memorial Day weekend and got some nice shots of North Rim Grand Canyon, the slot canyons of Antelope Canyon, Monument Valley and Capitol Reef. Thought I would share these in an album on my home page if anyone is interested in maybe visiting any of these venues.
Currently enjoying second childhood
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:58 AM   #488

From Dome plateau; outside Moab....
Looking across the Colorado river to Professor Valley....

Great place for night shot...no ambient light...

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:51 PM   #489
Moderator Emeritus

NICE !!

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:53 AM   #490

Don, Keep at it. It's not always about the equipment. I am a Photographer and went pro about 8 years ago. Some of my best shots were made with an entry level Nikon.