Old 08-09-2014, 01:46 PM   #71
Site Team

Glad to hear you are making progress and finally able to camp again. Twin groves is a nice campground, we were just there in May. Safe travels and may you continue to improve.

asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #72
NELA

Mixed emotions here Charlie. I'm *overjoyed* at your recovery!!, and humbled by your strength, courage, will and faith.

God Bless You and may He continue to bestow his grace on you and your family.

(this touches close to home with me, as Sneak (DH) has had this surgery and I'm facing it soon)

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:07 PM   #73

Godspeed recovery to you Charlie. You're a tough cookie. Btw, Your wife Sheri spells her name just like our daughter's. It's not to often you see that spelling.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:08 PM   #74
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
(this touches close to home with me, as Sneak (DH) has had this surgery and I'm facing it soon)
Thank you so much for the kind words. I wish you all the best when you get your surgery done. My outcome from this surgery happens very seldom like 1 in a 100,000 or more. I don't believe my surgeon did anything wrong. My spinal chord was extremely flattened and by the release once the surgery was done shocked it causing my temporary paralysis and nerve damage. All along my doctors kept telling me they believed I would regain all of my functions, but it could take up to a year or a year and a half.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:10 PM   #75
Site Team

Sadly anything neurological can happen/go bad very quickly but always takes a long time to heal. It is never an easy smooth paved road but rather a long windy bumpy country road. The good thing is its these kind of roads that you find out just what you and your family are made of and when you eventually meet the end of that road, you are able to turn onto a nice scenic route leading to many wonderful beautiful campsites that make that journey worth it. Here's hoping you are now getting close to finding that beautiful scenic route!
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:34 AM   #76
CLASS "A" Senior Member

It's been a while since I've tuned into the forums. I'm happy to report my progress is still at a very slow rate, but I'm still getting better. Cancer-free as of June 2015. There are still limitations to what I can and can't do. The feeling in my hands are still painful some days and not so bad other days. It's hard to explain how the numbness from the breast line to my feet makes my body feel.
This year our trips have been very limited due to my wife losing her job last October and still paying off medical bills. However, we are heading out next Sunday the 20th to Raystown Lake Resort. If you happen to be camping there, please stop by. I do make a great cup of coffee. We'll be at site 133.
Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. May God bless you all and keep you safe throughout your travels. Have a great weekend and

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:44 AM   #77

Our prayers for a speedy recovery, you will walk out of there.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:45 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
It's been a while since I've tuned into the forums. I'm happy to report my progress is still at a very slow rate, but I'm still getting better. Cancer-free as of June 2015. There are still limitations to what I can and can't do. The feeling in my hands are still painful some days and not so bad other days. It's hard to explain how the numbness from the breast line to my feet makes my body feel.
This year our trips have been very limited due to my wife losing her job last October and still paying off medical bills. However, we are heading out next Sunday the 20th to Raystown Lake Resort. If you happen to be camping there, please stop by. I do make a great cup of coffee. We'll be at site 133.
Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. May God bless you all and keep you safe throughout your travels. Have a great weekend and
Things take time, but welcome back and glad to hear your now cancer free since june of 2015, I have had cancer also and have been free of that nasty disease for 1 one 1/2 years , my prayers are with you and your family I know how tough the road is but you have know turned the corner and may the good lord keep you free and let you restart your life again....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:51 AM   #79

Charlie & Sheri,

You are in our thoughts and prayers. 6 Actual and I hope we can camp with ya'll someday soon!

Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote