Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 10:39 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Life is not the movies. Anyone thinking of carrying a long gun or pistol in their RV should take classes on self defense not just shooting.
That ain't no lie.....

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply
Old 12-20-2014, 11:43 AM   #32

RECENTLY

Just recently, on this very subject, DW and I had someone knocking on our RV units door at 11;00 pm. This was in a gated RVpark, which is quite out of the norm. After answering the door, of course bertha was right at hand, the gentleman needed to use my cell phone. Later on around 5:00 am, another knock on my door, this time bertha was there again as we answered the door, this time I did not open it at all, but answered his call thru the door. Suppose he may have bertha's cocking noise because he soon departed the camp site. Found out later the cops found him thru the phone number he used on my cell phone...Yes, carry protection at all times..
kickster

2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply
Old 12-20-2014, 11:56 AM   #33

Rving is no different than being at home. We live in a small rural addition. I have protection here and there. Here if you ring my door bell,we don't know who you are. In the camper,if you knock on my door same thing especially after dark. Mr. Kimber will be at hand. I will protect me and mine. Hope to never need it, but wouldn't be without it either. We went on a month long trip and carried every where we went. In California,didn't carry,but it was at hand when we were stopped at a camp ground. Concealed means concealed.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:21 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave961 View Post
A polarized topic for sure. If I never need it, wonderful. But if someone tries to come into my camper and harm my family, they will meet a bullet not a victim. Sorry if that offends those with the rose colored glasses.

Could not agree more and could not have said it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2000 Excursion Limited 7.3 PS Diesel Sold:crying

MagnoliaTom is offline   Reply
Old 12-20-2014, 02:03 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
And yes Black I was robbed in Hurst Ontario. A group broke into our room and robbed two of us. I was defenseless and we lost around two thousand dollars. I was not a happy person but I'm going to be fair and say a weapon my or my not have made a difference.

I'm not talking or saying there no, or less crime here !
All I'm saying is the gun thing is at completely other level of thinking & reasoning in the US.
And you guys in the US have way way more guns in circulation than here in Canada.
That's all .
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply
Old 12-20-2014, 02:32 PM   #36

Black thanks for clearing that up. I have meet several Canadians that wish they could have access to more firearms. In fact I made friends with a retired LEO that keeps his handguns in the states at a friends because it's such a PIA to own them in Canada. Is that an exception or do you think their are a lot of Canadians that would like the laws relaxed? Not making a point here just curious.

Old 12-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #37

It is a touchy subject here also.
Some would like the laws relaxed and more US like.
On the other hand, others would like it even more strict.
So honestly I could not really say.
I have been raised away from fire arms...Grand-pa, and Dad were no hunters and against it.
I don't own a fire arm either, so, I'm not the best person to give an honest answer to your question.
All I was saying is...it would never even cross my mind to bring a fire arm with me while camping...
Maybe I have pink glasses on...but, being the third generation on this farm, we never used or needed a gun or been in a situation where it would have been nice having one.
And I am 150% sure, that I am not the only Canadian in this situation
With that being said everyone , and happy camping !
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply
Old 12-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #38
Retired on the weekends

How many of you....
-purchase car, home, life insurance,
-carry a spare tire in your truck, car
-lock your doors at night or while you are gone
-look both ways before you cross the street
-save some money for a rainy day
-go to the doctor for a check up
-love, hug, and say goodbye to family before a long trip

Let's face it, we all are concerned for the well being of ourselves, our family and friends. I for one never leave home without it and especially while away from home in the motorhome. I am 36 and I've never had to file an insurance claim, change a flat tire, but I intend to be ready for the day I need to, this includes protecting myself or my family from harm.

Further more I appreciate and honor those who go above and beyond to serve our country and protect those who they don't even know. This country was built with the hard work and sacrifice of others. I thank Veterans and those in active service.

To what extent do you prepare?

CLICK HERE FOR THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST RV GROUP
The RB is offline   Reply
Old 12-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #39

I always assume everyone is prepared to protect themselves and expect the same assumption to be afforded to me.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #40

Black thanks for the insight and the honest opinion. It's as I said very nice to have a discussion on RVing and firearms without all the drama. I love firearms and almost the first question I ask a new CH is where is the closest shooting range. I gave up hunting years ago as we just couldn't consume what I shot so I just enjoy poking holes in paper with expensive projectiles. It's what I like. I hope to enjoy some camping in Canada this year of course leaving the firearms at a gun shop close to the boarder.