Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #1

Proud Papa time

My daughter is on the varsity swim team. She started swimming with them in 7th grade. She is in 10th grade now. She has been swimming on the local club team for 6 years. She went to sectionals in 7th grade at a varsity level and earned her varsity letter. That first year she didn't make finals. 8th grade on, she has gone to finals. Her events are the 200 and 500 freestyle. Last week was county sectionals. Last night was finals. She swam a 2:00.48 in the 200 free and 5:33.51 in the 500 free. She is 9th in the county in the 200 free and 10 in the 500 free. She improved her 200 free by 4 seconds and her 500 free by 6 seconds. On top of that she got a sportsmanship award that was voted on by all the coaches in the county. It was a great school season for her. Now she starts with the club team for the rest of the year.

My son swims too. He is 11 and has been swimming on the club team for 5 years. Today he had a meet. He swam the 200 free, 200 IM and 500 free. He swam new personal best time in all of them.

2011 Prime Time Tracer 3000BHS
2007 Ford Expedition
Reese Dual Cam HP Hitch
Nights Camped 2015-5 in TT
DF5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:21 AM   #2
H2oski

Congrats to your daughter and son, allot of people don't realize how hard swimming is. I do know improving your personal times by that much is great. Can you see scholarship in their future? I hope so. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:34 AM   #3

It does make you proud when you see your kid's hard work payoff. As a parent involved with your kid's activities only you really know how much they put into it.
I was, and still am, proud of my DS's work ethic while he was on the varisty football, weight lifting and academic teams.
In football they reached the semi-finals his junior and senior year (years he was a starter, OG & DE) with a final 12-2 record each year.
He came in 3rd in his weight class at the state championships his senior year of weight lifting.
The school's academic team came in 3rd in the state (all class sizes) and the team received an invitation to the national championships for the first time ever his senior year. He was captain of the team.
His senior year he came in 4th in Physics and 5th in Chemistry in the state's academic championships, all classes. He won the state championship in General Science his sophomore year.
Congrats to your kids for their accomplishments.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

DF5.4,
Those are some blazingly fast swim times and a big congrats goes out to your daughter. These are something for her to be very proud of. Best of luck with club swim.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #5

We can only hope she gets a scholarship. If not we can deal with it.

Hannah loves swimming. Our joke about her is if she is in a bad mood just add water.

She is also in the 26's in the 50 free and 56's in the 100 free.

Both team are a great bunch of kids. They all look out for each other. The club team has kids from 6 and 7 year olds to highschool seniors. There are a few kids that come and swim with the team when they are home from college. One of them has the team record for the 200 free. Hannah has told her that her name is going to be on the wall soon.

Brian took 11 seconds off his 500 free. He is under 7 minutes. That is great for him. On top of that he is in Boy Scouts.

DW and I are having a lot of fun with the kids.

2011 Prime Time Tracer 3000BHS
2007 Ford Expedition
Reese Dual Cam HP Hitch
Nights Camped 2015-5 in TT
DF5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote