Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2016, 09:04 AM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quality control you say?

I read today "I know it's a stretch"
In 2015 automakers recalled a record high 51 million vehicles for defects or quality control issues.
This up from just under 51 million in 2014

Just sayin.


2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:15 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
RSchleder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,277
So far since May of 2015, my Ram Laramie has had 4 recalls. Of course all were under warranty but REALLY, 4 recalls in 9 months. Luv the truck but that seems a bit excessive to me. I have a bit of "egg on my face" as me and 2 of my sons, one has a GMC, the other has a Ford, have a running verbal competition on which truck to buy. So far, 4 recalls on the Ram, zero on the Ford or the GMC, however, I still would not trade them for either the GMC, or the Ford!
__________________

__________________
Days camping (2016)----181 days
Days camping (2017) --- 82 days
2016 Wildcat MAXX 28RKX (33' TT), 2007 13' Scamp
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
12 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,528
I agree 100% the car manufacturers have come a long way but have a long way to go....... and as on the forum we hear mostly the issues with our RVs as opposed to the good.......... Don't get me going on the junk Subaru puts out......... I would rather have my 71 Impala........... or my 66 Mustang (Wait I do have my 66 Mustang).

But a lot of it is our own fault...... We got away from camping !! we now want to take our home with us and sit by the fireplace, watch our big screen TV, talk to our friends and conduct business on our mobile devices. Sorry that is just not camping anymore. The cars we drive are just about the same..........

__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
So far since May of 2015, my Ram Laramie has had 4 recalls. Of course all were under warranty but REALLY, 4 recalls in 9 months. Luv the truck but that seems a bit excessive to me. I have a bit of "egg on my face" as me and 2 of my sons, one has a GMC, the other has a Ford, have a running verbal competition on which truck to buy. So far, 4 recalls on the Ram, zero on the Ford or the GMC, however, I still would not trade them for either the GMC, or the Ford!
If it makes you feel any better I see a recall in the future for my 2015 GMC. The touchscreen radio is possessed by satan. The heating controls are tied into it and it keeps wanting to turn on the AC. Even when its 3 outside.

51 million? Worldwide? Has to be. What is the total made that the 51 million is out of?
__________________
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:29 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Kenny kustom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post

. The heating controls are tied into it and it keeps wanting to turn on the AC. Even when its 3 outside.

Not sure the exact circumstances, but all cars will run the ac, when in " windshield " mode, to defrost and remove the condensation inside the cab.


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
__________________
2017 Dynamax Isata 4
Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:36 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
If it makes you feel any better I see a recall in the future for my 2015 GMC. The touchscreen radio is possessed by satan. The heating controls are tied into it and it keeps wanting to turn on the AC. Even when its 3 outside.

51 million? Worldwide? Has to be. What is the total made that the 51 million is out of?

Report came out of Detroit but didn't say world wide or us only.


2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:51 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Not sure the exact circumstances, but all cars will run the ac, when in " windshield " mode, to defrost and remove the condensation inside the cab.


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Yea I know that but this damn thing is weird. Doesn't matter what mode its in.

At night you specifically make sure "AC" is off, and when you start in the morning "AC" is on, and it has a hard button that turns on too, its not all the supposed "infotainment" system doing it as its called. Should be called the headachement system. Has to be a software glitch and needless to say was not able to be recreated at the dealer so trying to get them to re flash it regardless is like pulling teeth.

Out of 51 million recalls how many were electronic / software related? Probably a sheetload.
__________________
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:06 AM   #8
Head Rambler
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southwest Alabama
Posts: 4,321
I bet those millions of airbags were part of that number.
__________________
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a GMC Sierra 2500HD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:17 AM   #9
Georgia Frog Rally 2018
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 10,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Yea I know that but this damn thing is weird. Doesn't matter what mode its in.

At night you specifically make sure "AC" is off, and when you start in the morning "AC" is on, and it has a hard button that turns on too, its not all the supposed "infotainment" system doing it as its called. Should be called the headachement system. Has to be a software glitch and needless to say was not able to be recreated at the dealer so trying to get them to re flash it regardless is like pulling teeth.

Out of 51 million recalls how many were electronic / software related? Probably a sheetload.
So far my 2015 chevy will only do this occasionally. Three recalls all minor with one that required no action. Truck is almost 2 years old and one of the first 2015 2500 built.

Ya got my 71 Monte yet and never a recall. Later RJD
__________________
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:22 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Not sure the exact circumstances, but all cars will run the ac, when in " windshield " mode, to defrost and remove the condensation inside the cab.


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
You are 100% correct on that even in my Fix Or Replace Daily...
__________________

__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
quality

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.