Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Cracker Barrel - these guys really got a gimmick. You walk in and there's a wait,so what do you do? You start wandering though the gift shop (I guess that's what it's called) and there's always something the DW has just got have and/or you start looking at all the old brands of candies and sodas and you buy some.

I must admit that their merchandise is good quality,but a bit expensive.

As far as their food, IMO it's OK for what it is,but I prefer eating at IHOP if that's the kind of food we are seeking at the time.
Sad that I know this from frequent visits, but I think they call it "Cracker Barrel's Old Country Store." And I like IHOP too except for the $2.79 for coffee. :' {

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #22
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Sad that I know this from frequent visits, but I think they call it "Cracker Barrel's Old Country Store." And I like IHOP too except for the $2.79 for coffee. :' {
You're right - if I had checked my many CC receipts from there,I would have known that.

Neither the DW or I drink coffee,so I didn't know that about IHOP coffee - does seem a bit high.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Cracker Barrel - these guys really got a gimmick. You walk in and there's a wait,so what do you do? You start wandering though the gift shop (I guess that's what it's called) and there's always something the DW has just got have and/or you start looking at all the old brands of candies and sodas and you buy some.

I must admit that their merchandise is good quality,but a bit expensive.

As far as their food, IMO it's OK for what it is,but I prefer eating at IHOP if that's the kind of food we are seeking at the time.
IHOP, now that's the place... I like it B
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #24
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
I love their multigrain pancakes! Wish they would have buckwheat though. Those are the absolute best in the whole world!
Old 12-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #25
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
We like it occasionally - funny,but I can't remember the last time I had any pancakes there. I like the meat and eggs dishes and occasionally get their biscuits and gravy offering.

Their ice tea is better than some places here.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #26

As the family "black sheep" I dislike Ihop because they use enough sugar on their waffles to choke a horse .
I sent a plate of French toast back because it was not cooked.
Sent an order of B&G back because the gravy was better than some glue I have used.
Coffee is bitter and twice has been luke warm at best(ask for another).
I'd rather eat at Shari's or Denny's.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #27
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
As the family "black sheep" I dislike Ihop because they use enough sugar on their waffles to choke a horse .
I sent a plate of French toast back because it was not cooked.
Sent an order of B&G back because the gravy was better than some glue I have used.
Coffee is bitter and twice has been luke warm at best(ask for another).
I'd rather eat at Shari's or Denny's.
Sorry about your bad experiences at IHOP - by you being the "family "black sheep" I'm assuming that other family members do like IHOP - correct?

I won't go into details,but Denny's has gotten some bad press such as cleanliness and discrimination and I haven't been in one for several years.

YMMV
Old 12-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #28

Quote:
Sorry about your bad experiences at IHOP - by you being the "family "black sheep" I'm assuming that other family members do like IHOP - correct?
This would be correct in more ways that one.
I'm ROCKnROLL everyone else is country......

Quote:
I won't go into details,but Denny's has gotten some bad press such as cleanliness and discrimination and I haven't been in one for several years.

YMMV
Didn't say Denny's or Shari's was a good choice, just prefer them over Ihop.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #29

Like CB..... hate grits...... at least they will sub for something else when asked.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:48 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Yeah, but their restaurants were Cracker Barrel, Appleees and Denny's.

That made me sad.
Being in "Trailer life" you would think they would be restaurants with easy access to RVers, Applebees and Dennys wouldn't qualify...locals are the best though....one of the top three in Mi. would have to be Tonys' in Birch Run [try it if visiting Bronners], you will never walk away hungry, plenty of room to park your RV in back.
2014 nites booked 10
Truth B Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
Cracker Barrel will always hold a top spot with RV'er as long as they keep offering RV parking.

When is the last time you could pull an RV into and park at many other places to eat without a problem in finding a place for the RV to fit?
The Cracker Barrel near our house has parking for RVs but those spots are always filled with cars.

I like both Cracker Barrel and Applebee's, but Denny's...not so much. Applebee's is my top choice for an evening meal because of their varied menu and the fact that you can get an adult beverage there too.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote